Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Whatever by Michel Houellebecq. Your thoughts on the movie or book

PigeonMogger

PigeonMogger

Whitepill is the solution
Hello brocels, I hope you are all having a great day.

I recently just watched the classic blackpilled movie, whatever(1999), which is based on the book of the same title written by the french author Michel Houellebecq. I found out about the movie while I was reading about protocels on the incel wiki, and I decided to maybe watch the movie.

Although I normally don't watch these types of movies, and at times it was a bit boring, I think it was overall a decent depiction of what is like to take the blackpill and go on the path towards inceldom. I find it interesting that a black pilled book and movie were even published, as most people who suffer from inceldom tend to be invisible to the rest of society. Truly interesting how the blackpill was seen and depicted in the era before the internet became popular.

Anyways, please do share your thoughts on the book or movie.
If any of you guys have a pdf of the book, could you please share it. I am interested in reading the book as well.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Have a reply brother

I didn't see a movie but would like to watch

Didn't read the book bc I don't like to read but I saw the movie multiple times.

It's hard to find a piece of media on which incels can relate tbh, this one does.

Film was good, book was bluepilled. The author says that charisma can compensate for bad looks in men after he introduces the incel character and describes how it was completely over for him looks wise. It could just be a way to keep the normies on reading though. Anyway I stopped reading there.