Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting What was your concept of masculinity before you took any pills?

SlayerSlayer

SlayerSlayer

COMPLY WITH MY FUCKING pronoun (it)
★★★★★
I must have already been in my early 30s when I took the red pill -- back when OGs like Sandman, Thinking Ape (stardusk), and Aaron Clarey were at the top of the manosphere on the days of early youtube. But before that I really had barely any concept or concern about masculinity at all. I never questioned whether or not some people are more masculine than others and whether or not that was a bad thing. I looked at things a lot more empirically. These silly games of status didn't matter to me. I just saw women as people just like me. A human being with complex emotions that wants to be happy and find a partner to suit their idiosyncrasies and share life together.

I had inclinations of status, but it wasn't a dominance thing. I just saw status as a way to have a happier more fulfilling life. I had the intuition that being jacked makes you higher status. That being good in sports and extroverted and white was higher status. I thought it was cool to save the damsel in distress. I thought it was cool for women to speak their mind, and dress how they want. I thought it was cool to be able to pay for your date, and impress her. I thought it was cool to be quirky-- it makes you a funny interesting person, and it makes you more likely to meet the right people tailored just for you.

I never really associated masculinity as something that is high status, sexually favorable or something I even wanted. I intuitively felt like masculinity is kind of for bullies, and I'm no bully. Its so absolutely astonishing how the manosphere changes you.

The red pill put into me the idea that not having masculinity makes you incomplete. The blue pill certainly has a masculinity ignorance I miss :soy:, and its a bit of a paradox-- having concern about masculinity is unmasculine-- yet you need to have a clear vision of what masculinity is to be masculine- therefore you can't help but be concerned to be accurately masculine.

This is a long winded way of saying that there's nothing more unmasculine than being insecure about your own masculinity. This is why we are fucked and caught in a noose of our own creation. What is masculine is being completely ignorant about your status of masculinity yet you JUST HAPPEN to hit all the right buttons because your masculine instincts are 100% perfect.

This is why them foids are worth a fucking abortion baseball-- for them everything has to be in this genetically perfect range of IT JUST SO HAPPENS. FATE. EVERYTHING IS NATURAL FOR :chad:

Last edited:
Honor, honesty, and loyalty. When I was young, I thought it was masculine to possess these traits, and that "masculinity" would be seen as attractive. Clearly I was wrong.

Honor, honesty, and loyalty. When I was young, I thought it was masculine to possess these traits, and that "masculinity" would be seen as attractive. Clearly I was wrong.
same, this has always been a tacit aspect I admired and adhered to-- but again, I just didn't even view masculinity as a "thing"

I just saw these traits as a thing good should people do, and that if men can do that, that's even better, because it makes for stronger societies. I thought if women lacked these traits, its the responsibility of men to guide them to be better people I guess, as much of a bluepiller I used to be, I was always very sexist in this aspect just naturally.

Last edited:
Before taking the pills, I considered a masculine male to be a male who had no issue with providing for and being by themselves. A male who was comfortable with being by alone. Someone who strived to continuously improve themselves. After taking the blackpill, my definition of masculinity hasn’t really changed. I believe self-sufficiency is a good metric of adulthood regardless of gender. I also place much importance in modesty.

I thought if women lacked these traits, its the responsibility of men to guide them to be better people I guess, as much of a bluepiller I used to be, I was always very sexist in this aspect just naturally.
I was completely bluepilled at that young age, and thought women could possess these traits, too. Well that sure turned out to be false. :feelshaha:

I would like to live in a world where those are respected

Honor, honesty, and loyalty.
Also, integrity.

Masculinity means looking after and protecting your kin and tribe. It means keeping your word and paying your debts. It means speaking up and fighting at times, and staying silent and not getting involved at other times. It means leading and setting the example, but also taking a back seat and learning from others who know better. It means having principles and sticking to them, despite all struggle and challenges.

This was - and still is - my concept of masculinity.

I was into PUA so i thought that only game and swag matters.I stumbled upon PuHate where i was blackpilled for the first time at the age of 25.I also believed that girls will come to you if you act as a prize.

The same as it is now. HIgh testosterone and courage

Also, integrity.

Masculinity means looking after and protecting your kin and tribe. It means keeping your word and paying your debts. It means speaking up and fighting at times, and staying silent and not getting involved at other times. It means leading and setting the example, but also taking a back seat and learning from others who know better. It means having principles and sticking to them, despite all struggle and challenges.

This was - and still is - my concept of masculinity.
I can agree with that.

I thought it was first and foremost standing up for myself and what I believed in. I wasn’t raised by the most masculine father but he did teach me that. I was raised in too mixed of an environment to find a “tribe” to protect also. I basically had to forge my own identity, which I didn’t mind until I started getting depressed as fuck and finding every reason to hate myself at the time.

Even as a kid I noticed “oddities” when I saw masculinity in cartoons, advertisements, etc(always depicting bearded nordics etc) so maybe I was destined to take pills.

I still stick to standing for what I believe in… by going LDAR :feelshaha: