Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope What self-improvement tips actually work?

TheNEET

TheNEET

mentally crippled by sleepoverless teen years
★★★★★
Recommend books, websites, specific tips, whatever.

I mean mostly self-improvement in regards to social things, not looksmaxxing. I know 99% is copium overload, people like others because of their looks, not because of how they treat them, but there are small things that can make everyday conversations or even surface-level acquaintanceships a little smoother.

Here are two things I noted/discovered.
  1. People like to feel useful, even if it's pointless and bothersome. My assumption would be that it's rude to ask very simple questions, but people like being asked questions, even if they already talked about that or it's obvious or irrelevant. During scientific conferences people often ask such stupid irrelevant questions or just ask about things that were explained in the lecture, but it's in good taste to do that. In fact, you shouldn't ask actual questions, like difficult ones, that could make the lecturer uncomfortable or seem ignorant about a subject, but rather you're supposed to ask stupid non-questions. It's not about actual inquiry, but rather about signaling you enjoy listening to someone talk. In the same vein, it's not good to be too decisive. I always make research online and come to stores asking for specific products, but I found people are much much nicer if you start playing the game of "what would you recommend" even if it's a waste of time.
  2. People like to be remembered. I don't pay attention to random factoids from my life or stuff like birthdays or anything, but people do. It's in good taste to reference previous conversations or information people shared with you. I heard about people making Anki flashcards to remember random information about their friends and later reference it in conversations.

anything that makes you taller or prettier is a good self improvement tip

Two ways of talking to people:
  1. Asking them questions (not the simple ones)
  2. Telling them what you DID, only when asked.
Self-improv tips that work are:
  • Sleeping well
  • Not putting an effort into destroying your health, just because you're sad
Pozdrowienia, brachu.:feelsYall:

"How to win friends and influence people" and "the charisma myth" are two books that've helped me with social skills. Read models by mark manson as well. It won't help much getting laid like the book promises but has solid advice on improving your life.

A good way to keep a conversation going is to pick out something a person says and relate it to an experience or opinion you've had when they finish their thought. That gives them more ideas on what to say. That's all I can think of right now but I could think of other things with more time.

Last edited:
low body fat.

You know what's the funny part?
Non of this will get you a partner

there's no self improvement for your face nor disablity nor autism or manletism

Here is something you can do, analyze your surroundings and ask yourself (am I the smartest dude in this room? Average? Below average?) If the answer is anything but I am the best then you have to search another social circle, being at the top of the cognitive hierarchy does give you a huge charisma boost ;)

That being said…

Observation shows that there is a direct ratio between the intelligence of the leader and that of the led. To be a leader of his contemporaries a child must be more intelligent but not too much more intelligent than those to be led… But generally speaking, a leadership pattern will not form–or it will break up–when a discrepancy of more than about 30 points of IQ comes to exist between leader and led.

So develop your intuition, and learn to recognize what a difference of 30 points looks like.

The only self improvement crap that might work or at least wont make you any worse off would be

1. "Just go to the gym bro" I believe that to some extent. It might not get you the exact foid you desire but again nothing negative will come from this.

2. Moneymaxxing. Again even if it doesnt get you the exact foid you want, chasing financial freedom and doing something productive is worth it as opposed to rotting away in your bedroom. Especially if you can work for yourself instead of being a wage slave.

1. "Just go to the gym bro" I believe that to some extent. It might not get you the exact foid you desire but again nothing negative will come from this.
If you're manlet and/or framecel, it's pointless

Legit self improvement tips you can implement today:
* Doing exercise. Anything, even just walking, will make you happier than just sitting down.
* Having a healthy sleep schedule. Going to sleep after sun is down and waking up before sunrise or during sunrise. Moreover, sleeping between 7-9 hours is very important for the brain.
* Learning an instrument (if you've never learnt one)? can actually increase your IQ, which can help you in your daily life.

For social, the books that were mentioned are good.

Optimal bf for health + attraction is around 12-14%. So if you aren't there, that's a nice goal.

There are many things you can do for you, but it's no guarantee you will ascend or will make others treat you better.

There are different types of advice depending on different people and what you want to acomplish. do you want friends? if so what tipes of friends, do you want money? how much time are you willing to put into generating money, etc. one persons advice hardly will work for a large ammount of people, only advice that works for everyone is to get a haircut ofc.

I'm currently looking on advice regarding how to deal with disrespectfull coments as a manlet ,as no matter what you actually do you will be in the wrong or just be pitied

even just walking, will make you happier than just sitting down.
Yep, walking outside everyday is really good. Staying home all day will make you even more depressed. I just put on my earphones and listen to music when outside.

Just be the best version of yourself bro!
You are already born with the best version of yourself = your genes.
There is no self improvement for your genes.

* Learning an instrument (if you've never learnt one)? can actually increase your IQ, which can help you in your daily life.
:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek: You can't be serious. Thanks for the chuckle... Im done with this peabrained forum.

Last edited:
how to commit suicide.

it’s self-improvement because your life will be better than it is now.

just watch elisha long bro

Here is something you can do, analyze your surroundings and ask yourself (am I the smartest dude in this room? Average? Below average?) If the answer is anything but I am the best then you have to search another social circle, being at the top of the cognitive hierarchy does give you a huge charisma boost ;)

That being said…

Observation shows that there is a direct ratio between the intelligence of the leader and that of the led. To be a leader of his contemporaries a child must be more intelligent but not too much more intelligent than those to be led… But generally speaking, a leadership pattern will not form–or it will break up–when a discrepancy of more than about 30 points of IQ comes to exist between leader and led.

So develop your intuition, and learn to recognize what a difference of 30 points looks like.
What The Fuck Dumbest Advice Ever.

Yep, walking outside everyday is really good. Staying home all day will make you even more depressed. I just put on my earphones and listen to music when outside.
Going Outside All The Time Isn't A Good Thing.

Two ways of talking to people:
  1. Asking them questions (not the simple ones)
  2. Telling them what you DID, only when asked.
Self-improv tips that work are:
  • Sleeping well
  • Not putting an effort into destroying your health, just because you're sad
Pozdrowienia, brachu.:feelsYall:
Yeah that sums it up pretty much. I'd say you can talk about things you did as well without being asked given the situation to start up a convo, you can even use that to ask questions. Opening yourself up a little bit let other people more comfortable around you and talking to you.

Adaptability is a good skill as well imo. When in these normie social environments you wanna be able to blend in their "culture" so to speak, so if that's require you have a small talk about sports or laugh at stupid jokes, just go with it.

You don't need to go too deep into these subjects or even dwell into your own ideas (I'd say, be a "hypocrite", you know, when in rome, do as romans do), you want to keep a harmonious relationship with these people and if that requires shutting your mouth up on certain subjects, or agreeing with them or even playing dumb as if they're convincing you, just do it.

Self-improvement is a scam if you don't have a good base to improve upon.

Tip #1: Be Chad