Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What do you think of living alone?

Living solo?

• Total voters
Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
I struggle a lot whenever I attempt it, but I'm curious to hear how other people handle it!

I have never lived alone.

Too poor to live alone

I live alone in a council flat they pay me rent for me. I like it but my bathroom is shit and water plumbing sucks. But I can turn the heating on whenever I want, my mum never used the central heating she is stingy. But I get bored so I come to my mum's house every day but she doesn't want me here anymore so I will probably stop coming as much. I don't have any friends tho to hang out with anymore. And games are really boring and shit now. And I'm banned from driving so I can't even go anywhere easily. Sometimes I feel like just going to prison and never having to worry about money or shit like that ever again.

When you finally escape your toxic family it feels like heaven to live alone.

I mean what's not to like? Nobody bothers me, no forced social interactions, no rules, none of that white guy shit where they fuck with you when you're trying to sleep, not being confronted with people who mog me 24/7 and bring home foids all the time, no sharing the showers.

There's a few cons but the pros definitely outweigh them like the occasional good social interaction, having people to do shit with, not having to do all chores myself, putting effort into cooking a big meal with lots of sides that others can appreciate, not buying groceries in bulk to save money.

Eventually when my parents die it will get a bit more rough though, like if i fall and break something I won't have anyone to help me or if I need a ride somewhere I'll have to pay a cab, so that's gonna suck.

I've never tried it and don't want to

It’s the best decision I’ve made after dropping college

I haven’t but I wish I did because I hate being around my family.

Stuck with my bullying , no - hoper parents . Its like a prison

Same. Living Alone would be amazing for a little bit. Then dispari settles in.

I found that it made me feel kind of rejected and isolated. And the endless silence of it played with my head.

Plus... if you're in a flat you can feel quite disconnected from the world around you.

I found that it made me feel kind of rejected and isolated. And the endless silence of it played with my head.

Plus... if you're in a flat you can feel quite disconnected from the world around you.
Real

I have some interest in apartment buildings that have shared spaces of some kind. Or gated communities with things like that.

They tend to be pricey though and less common. Also for the apartments they tend to be high-rises and many of them are unsafe if a fire were to break out, which it inevitably will at some point with so many people living squashed together like that.

I have some interest in apartment buildings that have shared spaces of some kind. Or gated communities with things like that.

They tend to be pricey though and less common. Also for the apartments they tend to be high-rises and many of them are unsafe if a fire were to break out, which it inevitably will at some point with so many people living squashed together like that.
I have the masculine desire to live in the woods Ted Kazinskyksqyw style

It's in the word alone, you are lonely, exception if you are chad with alot of friends and girls to fuck but for us incels we will be lonely

I have the masculine desire to live in the woods Ted Kazinskyksqyw style

hehe, I quite like doing this too but... I guess from a distance? Like, I love doing it in video games where it doesn't feel isolating as it's just on a screen.

I have a farmhouse on Project Zomboid and there are lots of other games of course where you live in cabins and stuff.

I think in reality you would need to have a high tolerance/affinity for solitude to make it feel good in any way.

hehe, I quite like doing this too but... I guess from a distance? Like, I love doing it in video games where it doesn't feel isolating as it's just on a screen.

I have a farmhouse on Project Zomboid and there are lots of other games of course where you live in cabins and stuff.

I think in reality you would need to have a high tolerance/affinity for solitude to make it feel good in any way.
Dnr sorry. Its over for attentionspancels

Not like I have a choice

But it gets weird sometimes. All that room in the house and no one to really use it. Same with the car. Ive barely even used the other seats other than to put groceries on.

General rule: good company > no company > bad company

So it can be ok. I don't get the hurry in moving out of parents' house at 18 when you're not marrying though.

My aversion to people has become so extreme that I simply have to live alone.
It was devastating initially but I got used to it.

General rule: good company > no company > bad company

So it can be ok. I don't get the hurry in moving out of parents' house at 18 when you're not marrying though.

I dunno erm... I think I actually prefer bad company to no company, lol

But yeah I agree that there's not necessarily any major reason to move out.

I dunno erm... I think I actually prefer bad company to no company, lol

But yeah I agree that there's not necessarily any major reason to move out.
Understandable. I guess it depends on how bad it is and how lonely you are. If you've been a castaway on a desert island for a decade, I guess even a cluster B old foid can be much appreciated company.

I'd prefer to live alone rather than living with somebody - Even if it's a giga stacy foid.

Honestly it scares me. Just rotting away for 40+ working years by yourself with few or no friends. Brutal fate for many here, myself included.

To be honest... I'm starting to understand why people don't like professional houseshares. They're nowhere near as much fun as student ones.

But... living in flats isn't that great either. You get lots of similar issues like the downstairs neighbour complaining that you're making noise, etc.

Houses don't have that issue to the same degree. Soundproofing possibly can help.

So I guess it's as much about the type of people you're around as anything else.

Still living with my parents at 29.

I lived alone for 2.5 years, was great, would recommend

I guess the simplest solution in my case is just to always have at least one lodger.

Like in Friends and other shows - they normally either live alone or in pairs. Hm.

livin alone is fine, no one tells you what to do i would always prfer living alone than with having someone else telling me what to do. absolutly hate chose especially cooking, but thats whats takeaway is for i guess.......................

Yes its fucking miserable. If I had a house it wouldnt be so bad but living in an apartment is like a prison cell. Maybe I liked living with my parents more just because of the house.

Fuck this shithole country

A house is a bit better yeah. But it still feels a bit like being trapped in there.

The garden helps a bit but... I don't find it alleviates it entirely.

better than life before, hard if crippled like me

For some reason I don't mind seeing blocks of flats from the outside. Maybe I'm just happy that I'm not in one of them!!

Hopefully I can escape that lifestyle...... maybe forever. At least for a bit longer.

I would mitigate it possibly with a pet or something but I find most pets to be quite big commitments.

Can't afford my own place

I might live alone soon (under the bridge) when my parents finally kick me out

It's great. I wouldn't want to live with anyone else now.

Omg I just realised why it's so rare here in the UK for people over 35 to live in shares.

Even if you're not working, at 35 you are entitled to more housing benefit to allow you to live in your own place.

So... people take the opportunity and go.

Well, other than me. XD

I'd like to live alone just to buy a fleshlight or sex doll