Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What do you think about stoicism ?

Reclusemaxxer

Reclusemaxxer

-
What’s your opinion on stoicism I think stoicism is either based or it’s cope not sure which one it is as men we are expected to be stoic all the time expressing any sort of emotions is seen as weakness I think stoicism can be good not expressing anger or frustration makes you less of a target to trolls and bullies because if people know they can’t get under your skin they won’t mess with you I’m gonna start practicing being stoic I’m gonna start by not arguing with people online I don’t even talk to people in real life enough to argue

stoicism is cope

1. Nobody cared about you anyway
  2. You're dulling healthy emotions
  3. Your memories are all bland

I think keeping more of your emotions in, just makes you more passive aggressive, and most people can kind of sense it.

Have no idea what it means.

It's cope to me too. Basically the entire point of therapy is based on stoicism, which yeah, you will let out that frustation for a little bit, but your problems are still there, rendering therapy nearly useless.