Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

what do you guys think about tibetan Buddhism or becoming a monk?

R

recentcel0

Self-banned
-
Would you guys spend the last few years of your life living the lifestyle of a monk hoping to gain some sort of epiphany or just die normally rotting in your bed? In both cases you'll ofc be virgin, the only difference will be how u lead your life.

If I could I would spent my last years and my last moments getting high asf. Monks are copers so I wouldn’t want to be one. I don’t want to self flagellate myself by denying myself of all the things that makes life worth living.

There is no such place as Tibet.

I've been into Buddhism for years and when I meditate regularly my life is a lot more bearable. I don't know if I could go the monk route but for some people its a possibility, maybe. When I meditated daily for over 6 months my life was a lot better. It was the happiest time of my life. It does miracles for your brain.

The problem is that the benefits of meditation don't come quickly. But it teaches you a lot about yourself and makes you less reactive to emotions, whether positive or negative. No judgment.

Meditation is the way to become a "superhuman" in a sense. One that can see things more objectively.

No opinion on specifically Tibetan Buddhism because I don't know much about it. Theravada and Mahayana is what I know more of.

If I could I would spent my last years and my last moments getting high asf. Monks are copers so I wouldn’t want to be one. I don’t want to self flagellate myself by denying myself of all the things that makes life worth living.
Im not a fan of drugs but yeah this is the only answer. why would you be 70+ And not spend your time doing things you actually like

Chink cope bullshit

DTFH has a ton of buddhist guests on it (if you like podcasts), like David Nichtern, Jack Kornfield, Raghu Markus, Ramdev Dale Borglum, Anne lamott.

The only Tibetan guy I remember is Jason louv.

Each of the names I've mentioned have their own sites and YouTube channels if you don't vibe with DTFH.

Last edited: