Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious What 4 years of college changed me into

mistersinister

mistersinister

New Creation
★★★★★
1. I have zero incentive of doing a PhD now.
After a disastrous 1.96 GPA (straight Cs in physics, chemistry, F in Calc 1, A in Chinese)in semester 1, it was clear that i'm suffering from burnout from studying, and a PhD would only complicate that. Not only did this kill my chances to go into prestigious schools like Caltech/MIT, but it also ruined any chance of me betabuxxing, since I am a 5'5'' ugly ricecel autistic that couldn't get laid and got mocked by his peers even in his home country, Taiwan.
2. I switched to CS in my MS.
As you see, maybe the industry is more suited for me. No exams, you can do the bare minimum. Since I went to college I wanted to die every single second I wake up and sleep is my only escape. I chose the MS that required the least physics. Give you a secret: I got 99th percentile in math but 5th percentile in mechanics, it's such a weird combination that really thinking about it, CS is my best way forward. That's because I secretly hate my major (physics), and would want to switch to something else in my MS. If I stick here in physics I would likely would have to do a PhD, which is a waste of time by my standards. I should spend my 20s collecting comic books not fucking wasting time doing a PhD... and if I chose CS during my BS I probably wouldn't be discovering this incels.is site anyways, since I'd be busy studying in my major.
3. There's no turning back to :bluepill::bluepill: after my colleeg graduation.
My bones are jsut too fucked up to betabuxx... my IQ is far above average but my face demands extreme strength to betabuxx (which is what I wanted, using money to make up with the fact... if I was 5/10 all I "would" have to do is to get my college degree and it will be fine, as Martyros said "at 4/10-6/10 range, you need a career, you need to STEMMaxx" at below you basically have to either find your niche or give up and LDAR. In PhD there are no grades in the very last years and all you have to do is write your thesis... just kidding it's far more complicated than a PhD, and once I found out what a PhD is doing... I decided to leave the PhD to whoever is hardcore enough to do it

A MS is still significant, a PhD is not really necessary for employment. It's better to go into the workforce because you can use the time off and extra money to improve yourself (mentally, physically, emotionally). In terms of betabuxxing, have you considered using your degree to move to an East Asian nation (preferably a poorer SE one)? That might still be a possibility.

I did decent in college degree in math,
but couldn't find job,
still NEET living at my moms,
when I have to leave it will be minecraft

Damn I hated college. Physics is probably the toughest major IMO. I took it thru intermediate mechanics.

College just sucks being around all those women all day. My mental health improved a lot when I GTFO from there.

Brutal collegepill

brocel you don't even need to get a MS. the most important thing for a job is work experience, and it's easy to fake. just lie on your resume. fake references. you need to learn new languages anyway to get a CS job so it doesn't even matter. i know people who do this and get $98k out of college. and after college your degree doesn't even matter.

also, i know another even more ruthless way to get 200k out of college easy with just a BS. it is just ruthless and so clever, gaming the system. but i don't wanna tell a lot of people about it

Why would you overload yourself like that? Even gigaIQcels can't balance *everything* all at once

Why would you overload yourself like that? Even gigaIQcels can't balance *everything* all at once
I'm not overloading myself; that's why I'm not doing a PhD

I'm not overloading myself; that's why I'm not doing a PhD
Are you *sure*, because Physics, Chem, Calc, and ChingChong in one semester is like 18 credit hours of difficult material for *anybody*