Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Were you social as a kid?

Retardinator

Retardinator

Not made for this world
-
I have been a loner since as long as I can remember. I started playing video games when I was around 4 I think. It was a ps1, and I couldn't even read yet.
I also watched tons of TV and read comics for hours.

And I preferred this to going outside. When I was like 6 or 7 my mother had to force me to go outside because I didn't want to. I preferred playing alone in my room over interacting with other kids. I generally didn't play well with other kids at all and often got angry if they didn't act the way I wanted them to act. I was the kind of kid that broke toys or destroyed sandcastles of other kids if they didn't do what I wanted.

And in elementary school I also often played alone and hated playing games like soccer or catch because I was too lazy to run. Teachers actually talked to my parents because of my asocial behavior kek

Now that I think back to it, I acted like a sperg ngl

No i'm a sperg so I have always been a loner.

i socialized? yes
were my social interactions succesful? no

My childhood friend didn't want me to walk near him while we were walking through town.

My childhood friend didn't want me to walk near him while we were walking through town.
brutal, I have a similar experience. When I was around 11-13 he wanted me to wear specific clothes so that I won't look embarrassing. He was normie af, and later broke off contact.

After puberty I became giga loner

I was incredibly social until about 12. Everybody liked me but then we moved to a different country with different culture and values, and I was shut down pretty quick (I couldn't express myself due to not knowing the language and what I would say might not be accepted). I'd say ever since then it's been going downhill.

i was so introverted in childhood also and it was probably because of my facial deformity and other kids never wanted to play with me outside but it's not a problem now since i managed to beat it in college and mostly in work

Yes. A lot more social than I have been for the last 10 years.

I've been alone my entire life

Slightly more than now but no.

I was social, yes, but I was also ridiculed and made fun of as early as the 3rd grade and got into fights. I remember my English teacher in 3rd grade forcing me to apologize for pushing one of the assholes antagonizing me to the wall and hurting him because he banged his head hard on the wall, and all I could think was, "why? I'm not sorry. He can go to hell." I just stood there in silence and then got sent to the principal's office.

I was a bit of a clown back in the day but the older I got the more people focused on looks and started hating on me for no reason whatsoever.

Not really. But I also wasn't giga-loner.
I usually spend time at home because being outside was dangerous ( at least as I thought ).
It was a time after dissolution of Soviet Union. Criminality was on the rise. I remember seeing in 1993 or 1994 how 7 or 6 guys attacked and started to beat 1 guy near my yard. There also more such cruel incidents. The random cruelty of this world struck me deeply at that time.

Yes I'm naturally a social person, but being ostracized for my looks and my non-NT traits my whole life made me a social pariah.

Last edited:
More social than now at least, kek

Sounds like you have autism. Were you ever diagnosed?

I have been a loner since as long as I can remember. I started playing video games when I was around 4 I think. It was a ps1, and I couldn't even read yet.

And I preferred this to going outside. When I was like 6 or 7 my mother had to force me to go outside because I didn't want to. I preferred playing alone in my room over interacting with other kids. I generally didn't play well with other kids at all and often got angry if they didn't act the way I wanted them to act. I was the kind of kid that broke toys or destroyed sandcastles of other kids if they didn't do what I wanted.

And in elementary school I also often played alone and hated playing games like soccer or catch because I was too lazy to run. Teachers actually talked to my parents because of my asocial behavior kek

No always the quiet type

In elementary school I had a solid group of friends, even if I was a bit spergy.

I still think about this golden era sometimes. :feelsbadman:

absolutely not. one my earliest memories is refusing to play with other kids. And my mom remembers similar instances that I dont even remember. I was always extremely self-isolating. I have autism too. so yeah. There was never a before/after moment where i was traumatized. I was already like this in the beginning and everything just got worse from there on.

when i was a kid (less than 13), i was the class clown, always doing dumb shit and getting in trouble to make people laugh. it was my peak, because i didn't have crippling depression back then.

Not really. I've always been quiet and reserved

I used to be extremely extroverted as a young child. But constant humiliation rejection and ostracizing destroyed my confidence and left me deeply resentful of normies and society in general. I eventually retreated inwards and stopped talking to people and I became reclusive and introspective.

Yes, until I started middle school. From that point forward, I became increasingly socially distant and withdrawn as I struggled to connect with kids my age

I used to be very social when I was a kid. That all changed when I entered middle school. Everyone dropped me like a fly.

Yes but even though i socialized i got bullied a lot still so by 7th grade i stopped socializing completely

No I was a loner and had behavioral problems, the only thing I have going for me is that my parents were smart enough to not put me on any meds. I never had any real friends when I was in high school and have I don't know any dude my age (24)

Up until a certain point a actually tried to socialize, yes. I tried to make friends but 99.9% of the time I failed misserably. As for the remaining 0.1% I am not sure if I just got really lucky or if it was pity. A couple of years ago when I still was in school I somehow managed to make a new friend, at least I thought so. He was one of the more popular kids and I was really happy to have made a new friend all of a sudden. Well, guess what boys. As I later discovered he actually got money from my mother every now and then to keep up the act. At some point the cash flow stopped and so did our interactions. If it weren't for video games, TV and like the infinite amout of shit available on the internet I'd probably have lost the last few bits of sanity by now.

since i was a child i was sociable but society rejected me because of my ugliness (something i didn't know), that made me withdrawn, almost without realizing it i became quiet and silent. in spite of everything i could even make friends in the neighborhood. it all ended at puberty when the normies continued their normal life while the non NTs were left behind all this because of women. high school was a terrible experience.

EXCUSE ME SIR DO YOU HAVE AN NIGGER IN THE CAN?! WELL YOU BETTER LET THE POOR GUY OUT! WOHA! WOHA! WOHA! @Idotms

I remember being a very friendly, outgoing and hyperactive kid with a zest for life and stuff until I was 10, and then it all went downhill.
I was completely destroyed by normies and niggers in school, they succeeded in putting in my place, I would say.
Now I'm empty as fuck, 0 friends, introverted, broken, demolished, ruined, crushed.

52029ae8ecad04df19000012

To some degree I was.

Just before puberty, then I became uglier than a demon, which fucked up my social skills

I was awkward but still tried, ended up failing epically and getting bullied for all of elementary school and eventually completely outcasted by the end of high school.

I managed to somehow get into a social circle during middle school and I jestermaxxxed hard to stay apart of it. But the group fell apart after highschool. I stuck around with the more nerdy kids and alt kids of the former circle but it was becoming increasingly clear that I wasn't a core member so I left. I couldn't relate much to them at all.

Nope. It's remained that way until after going through the education system but when I got a job I had to learn to adapt.. put on a mask if you will but even then it's not a full blown normie mask.

Definitely! I enjoys playing with people who I don't see anymore despite knowing exactly where they live.

Somewhat. More social than i am now, that's for sure.