Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Water: You can’t just decide to be confident, that’s not how it works in reality

Sexless incel

Sexless incel

Buddy boyo
-
Water: The reality about confidence is so simple and so obvious, it amazes me that otherwise intelligent people haven’t figured it out. Or maybe they have figured it out and they’re too dishonest with themselves to admit it. Perhaps the reality is too uncomfortable. After all, it’s much easier to sell books and self-help courses with fantasy than with reality.

So here’s the truth about confidence:

You can only have confidence when other people give it to you. When others in your age group like you, respect you, admire you, and are attracted to you, you get confidence. When they don’t like you, scorn you, and reject you, you lose confidence. Therefore, the level of confidence you have is controlled by others, NOT by you. You can not just decide to be confident. Confidence is not a choice or decision you can make. You can’t just snap your fingers and, Abracadabra, you’re confident. It doesn’t work that way. It can’t work that way. Social confidence, by it’s very definition, requires support and acceptance from others (in your own age group) before it can exist.

~ Scott H. Young

Have you tried Alcohol? Last time I got drunk I threw an empty sprite bottle on two foids

Have you tried Alcohol? Last time I got drunk I threw an empty sprite bottle on two foids
I drink alcohol very often, but being too drunk much makes you act like a fool. You may think you are being confident at the moment and might not even care at the moment, but people actually perceive you as a weirdo / clown.

That’s why i drink only as much i need to feel better in uncomfortable situations, sometimes also alone to make bad thoughts stop for a moment and not more than that

Last edited:
I am perceived like that when not drunk either, so I just get the confidence
I remember watching drunk men fights.
They doesn't looked intimidating. They looked pathetic, especially with slow reactions and movements.

I remember watching drunk men fights.
They doesn't looked intimidating. They looked pathetic, especially with slow reactions and movements.
I wonder how drunk they actually are. When I’m drunk, i am still able to throw fast punches and i also still have at least 80% of my power.
Maybe they just drink way too much.

I wonder how drunk they actually are. When I’m drunk, i am still able to throw fast punches and i also still have at least 80% of my power.
Maybe they just drink way too much.
They were typical drunkards.

Cartoon Network Thanksgiving GIF