Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Was the main storyline in Skyrim... kind of boring?

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★
I played the game way back in the day when it first came out, on 360, and then again maybe 5 years ago on PC.

I completed the Stormcloak quests and they were pretty fun.

With the main storyline/questline though it just seemed kind of boring to me so I never got far in it. The game world was awesome though and also the wider context with the Imperials and Thalmor and stuff, so don't get me wrong I don't think the game is bad overall.

Am I wrong? Should I have given it more of a chance?

Thanks all! :)

Dawnguard > Dragonborn > Thieves Guild > Dark Brotherhood > Main Questline > College of Winterhold > Civil War.

IMHO.

I fucking love that game. I discovered it about 4 years ago and still going hard.

Replace the prefix "kind of" with the suffix "as fuck," and that's a big, fat yes.

Yea the main quest was shit and so where most the guild quest (not including the thieves guild)
Like all bugtesda games it's only good with mods and fucking around the open world.
dawnguard def isnt that high, fuck the soul carine, fucking walking around looking for 20 black plants or whatever
The only good part of dawnguard was the secret quest "lost to the ages" or something. Going into dwemer ruins to discover the secrets of that lost mineral/ore with that ghost bitch, fighting the boss at the end, and getting that OP ass crown that stacked standing stone buffs was pretty cool.

But yea fuck the soul carine

But it came out merely 11 days ago.
You better be baiting:feelsseriously:

Last edited:
I guess nothing about the main storyline really compelled me to play it for long.

- the dragon battles were quite tedious and not especially fun

- running around talking to NPCs in far away places isn't so much fun

- getting abilities... I guess. maybe that's something that some people would enjoy quite a bit

- Skyrim was ALREADY threatened by both the Imperials and the Thalmor, both of which would probably make far more interesting main antagonists.

What if the Thalmor were harnessing the dragons somehow to destroy Skyrim! That would have been so cool! It would have made it feel like there was an agenda behind it, given you more human-like enemies to kill, etc. That would have been awesome! :)

On a somewhat related note - you never fight the Thalmor, do you? I just looked it up and apparently you do SEE them but you don't fight them or at least not as a whole.

I don't even remember seeing them, lol. I'll have to look that up.

On a somewhat related note - you never fight the Thalmor, do you? I just looked it up and apparently you do SEE them but you don't fight them or at least not as a whole.
You fight them when you sneak into that party in the embassy right after you meet with the girl who was in the blades. I think that is the only time in the main story you interact with them though.

You fight them when you sneak into that party in the embassy right after you meet with the girl who was in the blades. I think that is the only time in the main story you interact with them though.

I just looked it up yeah and I do remember that quest. It said the building was the Thalmor Embassy but I think when I was playing it it felt like "just another quest" to me.

It's a very minor interaction isn't it really. That being said, it's cool that that building is there.

I'm tempted to go on the game in a moment and use console commands to unlock it so I can see what happens if I go inside unannounced!

dawnguard def isnt that high, fuck the soul carine, fucking walking around looking for 20 black plants or whatever
Wtf Dawnguard as his favorite storyline :lul:

I did the Thieves Guild one like 5 times because I always end up being impatient and steal shit, I think it's my favorite of them all but I get if someone thinks it's a bit tedious. I literally never saw anyone like Dawnguard that much though, isn't it just a DLC anyways?

I did the Thieves Guild one like 5 times because I always end up being impatient and steal shit, I think it's my favorite of them all but I get if someone thinks it's a bit tedious. I literally never saw anyone like Dawnguard that much though, isn't it just a DLC anyways?

I would have been more than happy to kill a few dragons on the way if I got to drive both the Imperials and the Thalmor out of Skyrim!

That would have been much better I think :)

I just explored the Thalmor Embassy again, using console commands!

Erm... not that much there really! I found a couple of elven daggers and a couple of those little gold crown things, and I killed everyone there, lol. Well, other than two characters I couldn't kill.

And... that was it really!

Interesting location from a lore perspective though :)

I usually go to the temple of Dibella in Markarth, Dibella is blessing Incels with her sacred religious lolis 24/7:feelsEhh:

What makes Skyrim boring af to me is melee combat. I had more fun with Severance: BoD than with this piece of shit of a game.

What makes Skyrim boring af to me is melee combat. I had more fun with Severance: BoD than with this piece of shit of a game.
Same I can't get over the gameplay it's so boring

Wait until ES6 comes out, play it and rope, that’s my only mission in life, some fucks in Thailand and wait for the game to come into life, so I get to experience the other next best thing in life

I think Skyrim’s main quest is pretty good and it’s one of my favorite games, played since it almost came out, but I think Oblivion has better side quests tho

the vanilla skyrim was very boring if we are talking about the main storyline. the DLCs helped it by fleshing out a lot more lore and injecting new factions into the bland story. I suspect many people didn't enjoy the main storyline because they simply didn't know (i.e. didnt give a fuck) about the characters or lore of the races. Why care about a civil war when you don't understand the whole mythos of the continent?

If you enjoyed Skyrim I always tell people to jump into ESO. It's a solid game.
Fallout4 had the same issue where the main storyline of FO4 is kind of gay and nobody really cared for Preston or the MinuteMen and the additional DLCs really helped out the game.

I love creating mods for skyrim more than playing it tbh

the vanilla skyrim was very boring if we are talking about the main storyline. the DLCs helped it by fleshing out a lot more lore and injecting new factions into the bland story. I suspect many people didn't enjoy the main storyline because they simply didn't know (i.e. didnt give a fuck) about the characters or lore of the races. Why care about a civil war when you don't understand the whole mythos of the continent?

If you enjoyed Skyrim I always tell people to jump into ESO. It's a solid game.
Fallout4 had the same issue where the main storyline of FO4 is kind of gay and nobody really cared for Preston or the MinuteMen and the additional DLCs really helped out the game.

But wasn't the main storyline about the dragons and not the civil war?

I found the Stormcloak, Imperials and Thalmor stuff really interesting.

False. Skyrim has no weak points.

@JohnDcel thought ?

The Elder Scrolls gets brutally mogged by Dragon Age.

Yeah it's crazy how other people value different shit than me :lul:

I love Dawnguard because right from the moment you walk into the fort and meet Isran, everything about it is just next level. The main NPCs are so much better written and more fleshed-out than core game NPCs. All of the locations are so pretty. Harkon is the biggest boss in the game. The unique weapons and armor are pretty sweet.

Thieves guild is decent but I like being hero type characters and being a thief or assassin doesn't always fit with that.
There needs to be an alternative playthru for thieves guild, where Brynjolf first approaches you wanting to talk about how you made your money dishonestly... you should be able to choose a dialog option "Nigga what?" that triggers a fight with him and his guys later, you kill him, and then there's a whole quest where you destroy the thieves guild, and take down Maven Black Briar, and you basically clean up Riften for the honest people. I'd choose that. Not every time but I'd definitely do it.