Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Was It Easier or Harder For Mildly Autistic Males In The Past?

• Thread starter universallyabhorred
  • Start date
universallyabhorred

universallyabhorred

Banned
-
I have been wondering whether autistic men who were higher functioning on the spectrum had better life quality decades ago? One thing I notice is many older autistic men seemed to have wives, children, some friends and a job. While they still struggled with relationships and daily functioning, relative to NT's, it was by no means impossible, even with an average or below average looking face, for autistic men to be successful. At the same time many were institutionalized and ended up being abused. There was also much more physical and social bullying from what I have read. But somehow they ended up not turning out an incel.

Being a sub 4 male was not as big deal back in the day therefore autism did not exist. It only existed after women got the right to vote. Weird huh :waitwhat: :waitwhat: :waitwhat:

I think they still got mocked but could be successful

Chad didn't slay the entire city 50 years ago, he got married and started a family with a woman in his 20s, so he was off the market.

Religion was actually followed and slutty behavior was punished or harshly scrutinized.

It was definitely easier in the past, the boomer men, had the easiest lives in the history of mankind not just in dating but economically. The zoomer women have taken over that now and are on ultra easy mode.

Depends on your level of autism, you seem coherent, so i'm sure you'd have done better than you will now.

Hypergamy was lower in the past so yes

I think it is much harder for all men now but especially high IQ autistic-like men.
The answer to your title question would be easier. Lots of pre modern philosophers and scientists were married with kids.
In Europe, you were designated a wife regardless of who you were subtly and you were bound to eachother til death.