Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Was hardcore gamer, but last time i enjoyed gaming was 10 years ago

W

wastedTime

Officer
★★★
are games just shit
or are they too depressing to play as adults
even when i try good games, i uninstall them in 5 minutes

honestly its sad to lose a favorite hobby

I was never a hardcore gamer. But yeah, I think as you grow up certain habits are left behind. As you better understand the mechanism behind games you lose the suspension of disbelief, everything then becomes mechanical. Also with age you lose the energy and motivation to sit through an intense campaign

my 35 years old brother keeps playing that shit lmao

Around 2010 games started becoming the product of teams of psychologists and marketers crafting skinner's boxes and digital treadmills. And when I try playing older games, it is clear that many old games were just dogshit but we enjoyed them as kids simply because they were the only options around. I just don't play games anymore.

same. haven't given a shit since 2010. Or really, 2005 or so. all I play is strategy games like hoi4 or cities skylines now

Around 2010 games started becoming the product of teams of psychologists and marketers crafting skinner's boxes and digital treadmills. And when I try playing older games, it is clear that many old games were just dogshit but we enjoyed them as kids simply because they were the only options around. I just don't play games anymore.
except neither psychologists or marketers are passionate about gaming or were they ever serious gamers. games nowadays are made by businessmen and theyre crap

I haven't played videogames in years

except neither psychologists or marketers are passionate about gaming or were they ever serious gamers. games nowadays are made by businessmen and theyre crap

Yes. They're probably the biggest slice of the shit pie that is now responsible for pumping out video games. Once you can see the way that modern games work mechanically and the ways they psychologically manipulate players, you really never can go back to simply enjoying them.

The problem comes in the form of, you cannot sit 30 minutes and not be bored no matter if the game is good or not. i dont think ill ever "grow out" of liking games, i just like em. did at 8 years old and i will do it even at 60, if you pass the hurdle of sitting for 1 hour then you start liking them again, but i think its too much of a bother and we're just that lazy. happened to me with a couple of games

I was forced to quit because my mom was getting annoying

I was around 15 then

I started anime coping and becoming a coomer instead and turned into an autist

I feel the same about multiplayer games. Everyone is just copying the most anti-consumer practices they can conceive and put out exponentially worse and worse quality products. I really like divinity original sin 2 and nier automata. Good games better than most of the cookie cutter shit that drops mostly