Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Was ER truly blackpilled?

giribot

giribot

Autistic ShoegazeCel
He is the face of incel ideology because of how people praise him, but did he actually follow blackpill philosphy? Throughout his manifesto, I was hoping to find hints of fatalism embedded in his thoughts, but I don't think he ever got to the point of that. He felt frustrated and angry, but I always felt that he aligned more with redpill than blackpill. An example of this was after Halloween when he was 18 years old where he described that he felt terrified after being approached by "a group of thugs", so that led to his "commitment to start exercising and lifting weights" to increase his confidence. He even thought this would make foids go after him.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that his actions towards foids meant that he *lost hope*, but he still wanted to fight. He still wanted to fight the unfairness in the world instead of LDAR. He believed he was destined for greatness, quite literally the opposite of what blackpill is about (there's nothing to change, there's nothing to do, there's nothing for the individual who believes in it to do about the unfairness of the world).

One of the quotes that stuck out to me was this one:

To be angry about the injustices one faces is a sign of strength. It is a sign that one has the will to fight back against those injustices, rather than bowing down and accepting it as fate.

Instead of placing emphasis on ER and his violent actions, why don't we place emphasis on the individuals who truly believe in the blackpill philosophy? I mean, who are those people anyways?

In brief, I just wanted to ask that. I'm open to all perspectives, just curious what everyone thinks. I might expand to this post in the future if I think of any other examples from his perspective.

didnt the blackpill come after ER?
Did it? I saw a post that claimed that he created it, or at least created modern incel ideology. It probably did, I'm still learning so correct me if I'm wrong.

He believed in the racepill which is essentially the blackpill.

He believed in the racepill which is essentially the blackpill.
The racepill is a subset of the blackpill, sure.

It's not "essentially" the blackpill what are you on about

It's not "essentially" the blackpill what are you on about
Race dictates everything from facial structure to height. To believe in the racepill is to believe that some races have these more desirable traits that are superior to other traits from other races, which will make one race more desirable to foids than other races.

That's essentially the blackpill

Race dictates everything from facial structure to height. To believe in the racepill is to believe that some races have these more desirable traits that are superior to other traits from other races, which will make one race more desirable to foids than other races.

The racepill is only a piece of the blackpill just like how California is only a piece of America and not the whole country

No it isn't :feelsjuice:

The blackpill is the all encompassing principle that pertains to other subsets of blackpill science, SUCH as the racepill.

It isn't "basically" the blackpill it's just a part of it. Yes they're similar because race is a prominent aspect of inceldom

The racepill is only a piece of the blackpill just like how California is only a piece of America and not the whole country
:yes::feelsthink:

Just because you are blackpilled doesn't mean that you are supposed to sit on your ass and don't do anything about injustice in the world, newCHAD.

Just because you are blackpilled doesn't mean that you are supposed to sit on your ass and don't do anything about injustice in the world, newCHAD.
Thank you for your participation, Gokubro. I might have generalized blackpill as to be, like I said in the post, fatalistic. My understanding is that redpill is for self-improvement only, but I think I can extend blackpill to this sentiment too. I just see a lot of people generalizing blackpill to being LDAR type shit.

generalizing blackpill to being LDAR type shit.
Blackpill is recognising that foids only care about looks, your looks are entirely based on genetics. Just because you are blackpilled doesn't mean that you MUST LDAR.

yeah
he gained knowledge about human nature/behavior, female preferences and social hierarchy

Blackpill is recognising that foids only care about looks, your looks are entirely based on genetics. Just because you are blackpilled doesn't mean that you MUST LDAR.
Thank you for clearing that up for me. :feelsthink:

Was ER truly blackpilled

No.

He was never rejected because of his looks.

He never saw himself as ugly.

He did not suffer from self esteem issues arising due to ugliness.

He was not blackpilled.

He did not once refer to the blackpill or a concept similar to it.

In fact, he saw himself as the "supreme gentleman" and believed that he deserved a GF.

He was perplexed about the fact that he did not have a GF.

He lamented the fact that those he deemed inferior had GFs.

In terms of looks, he was a mid to high tier normie.

He had the looks, wealth and status. Life handed him everything he needed to ascend but he still screwed up.

His "inceldom" wasn't caused by his looks but rather by his untreated mental issues.

Elliott Rodger was neither ugly nor blackpilled. Therefore he was not an incel in the TRUEST sense of the word.

Quoting this part of the reply so I don't fill up the thread:
Thank you for your participation in my discussion with your post to reference. He really did screw everything up for himself. My question is why is he the face of the incel movement as far as the fakestream sees it if he was a mid to high tier normie? He had the privilege to be high tier and yet people still claim that he's the creator of the modern ideology. It just doesn't seem fair to put so much emphasis on him in the community.

He is the face of incel ideology because of how people praise him, but did he actually follow blackpill philosphy? Throughout his manifesto, I was hoping to find hints of fatalism embedded in his thoughts, but I don't think he ever got to the point of that. He felt frustrated and angry, but I always felt that he aligned more with redpill than blackpill. An example of this was after Halloween when he was 18 years old where he described that he felt terrified after being approached by "a group of thugs", so that led to his "commitment to start exercising and lifting weights" to increase his confidence. He even thought this would make foids go after him.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that his actions towards foids meant that he *lost hope*, but he still wanted to fight. He still wanted to fight the unfairness in the world instead of LDAR. He believed he was destined for greatness, quite literally the opposite of what blackpill is about (there's nothing to change, there's nothing to do, there's nothing for the individual who believes in it to do about the unfairness of the world).

To be angry about the injustices one faces is a sign of strength. It is a sign that one has the will to fight back against those injustices, rather than bowing down and accepting it as fate.

It's been a long time since I read ER.

IIRC he understood there was *something* that was making him invisible to women. He seemed to understand that it was loud, brash Jocks that women wanted, but that was about the extent of his insight.

Mostly he just raged at women for being so stupid that they didn't see how beautiful and eligible he was. That's pretty misogynist (yikes, sweaty!) but it's not really a significant insight into what women value or the reasons why, so it's not really a blackpill IMHO.

Instead of placing emphasis on ER and his violent actions, why don't we place emphasis on the individuals who truly believe in the blackpill philosophy? I mean, who are those people anyways?

In brief, I just wanted to ask that. I'm open to all perspectives, just curious what everyone thinks. I might expand to this post in the future if I think of any other examples from his perspective.

Wilkes McDermid is my favourite blackpiller, and Christopher Swanson is a bluepiller I feel a lot of sympathy and pity for. Both left behind a body of well-written and compelling writing that really takes you into their worlds.

You can find threads about both of them in Inceldom Discussion, but they both left a small mark on the the real world, Google "Wilkes McDermid Dead jumped London" or Christopher Swanson Dead gunshot Mercyhurst" and you will find source material.

The TL/DR is that Wilkes was a very cool guy but he was a riceman in London getting mogged constantly. Proved brutal height and race pills by counting thousands of WMAF couples and only a handful of WFAM couples. Got so blackpilled he ate a fancy meal, blogged about it, then jumped. He's exhibit "A" for why too much blackpill is bad for you.
Swanson was a 40yo Manlet high school teacher who got oneitis for a 17yo student, fantasized that she was THE ONE, exchanged some inappropriate texts with her, got busted, lost his job and career, shot himself. Left a very grim suicide note website behind. He's exhibit "A" for why you need to understand the blackpill, to keep your expectations sensible and stop yourself from making stupid bluepilled mistakes.

They were also demonstrably good men, who gave the world more than they got back.

Last edited:
Quoting this part of the reply so I don't fill up the thread:
Thank you for your participation in my discussion with your post to reference. He really did screw everything up for himself. My question is why is he the face of the incel movement as far as the fakestream sees it if he was a mid to high tier normie? He had the privilege to be high tier and yet people still claim that he's the creator of the modern ideology.

The answer to your question is simple.

Society has concluded without evidence that incels as a group are violent sociopaths who hate women. So ER fits the requirement and was thus turned into the face of inceldom.

If they truly wanted a "face" to represent inceldom, they could have picked one of the millions of lonely, suicidally depressed young men who've neve experienced romantic affection because of their ugliness. But they'll never do that because it would reveal the truth that incels are actually victims, despised rejects, pitiful wretches, human garbage etc.

It just doesn't seem fair to put so much emphasis on him in the community.

I agree.

Last edited:
so it's not really a blackpill IMHO.
Thank you for replying with a lengthy explanation. :feelsstudy:
Wilkes McDermid is my favourite blackpiller, and Christopher Swanson is a bluepiller
I'll look into both of these. I'm really interested in reading what the bluepiller has to say about the situation at hand.
fantasized that she was THE ONE,
SMH. That's disappointing. Throwing everything away for oneitis like most men do.

The answer to your question is simple.

Society has concluded without evidence that incels as a group are violent sociopaths who hate women. So ER fits the requirement and was this turned into the face of inceldom.

If they truly wanted a "face" to represent inceldom, they could have picked one of the millions of lonely, suicidally depressed young men who've neve experienced romantic affection because of their ugliness.
Fair point. Thank you for the answer. :feelsYall:

he was the philosopher who CREATED the modern incel philosophy with his autobiography

he didnt have to follow blackpill philosophy, he transcended it

he wasn't a follower, he was a leadER
Thank you for the reply, 2nd Incel Founding Father.

he was the philosopher who CREATED the modern incel philosophy with his autobiography

[Edited]
It's true he wrote well, and when his manifesto came to light it was the first time anyone had read anybody talking about those kinds of experiences in such a candid and readable way. It shocked people for that reason.

he didnt have to follow blackpill philosophy, he transcended it

Blackpilled? He unironically thought that
  1. He was beautiful and eligible.
  2. If he just drove one more lap around Isla Vista in his mommy funded BMW while wearing his mommy funded Armani jeans, women would surely come to their senses and get on his dick eventually.
That doesn't show any significent blackpilled understanding. That's just a weird Mashup of bluepilled optimism and redpilled misguided confidence.

he wasn't a follower, he was a leadER

He was the first to leave a well-written manifesto about his loneliness and his virginity. But his whole take on it was quite different than what most people here would call a blackpilled understanding of how women act and what women value.

He was the first North American pscho mass killer to explicitly connect his actions to his inceldom, and he remains one of the few killers who has expressed inceldom. Is that really "leading"?

Last edited:
I think he was blackpilled based on the way he spoke and his life experiences he’d eventually realize faceionality and heightfidence is everything if he was bluepilled he wouldn’t have done what he did

and why does it matter to the orangeman who funded his sunglasses?

Wow, focusing on the really important things.

It shows he was surrounded by loving family members who wanted the best for him. That's a bit different than what a lot of blackpillers on here report. If anything it probably stoked his conceit and his inflated sense of self-worth that he had. A high sense of self-worth isn't very blackpilled.

im not sure what you mean by 'well written"

you mean his spelling and grammar and punctuation was correct? THAT's what makes him impressive?

It was emotionally raw and unfiltERed, but it remained structured and cohERent and readable even when it was raw and emotional. So you really feel his pain and you really went along on his journey with him.

And YES, how well he wrote, was more impressive than any actual insights he evER offERed in his writing into the blackpill and the true nature of women.

[Edit: added a few ERs since you seem to like those.]

Last edited:
Blackpill = lookism = face + height? Is that so? I'm not too knowledgeable on the theory, and when I told it my mom today (NOT incest), she told me a story about a short jestermaxxer. How should I reply?

Anyway, I'm a mentalcel, so my looks don't matter.

not many people have dared to stand up to society and lead the modern incel ideology
This is the only reason ER is as popular as he is here. He felt injustice and stood up to it.

People say he followed the “incel ideology”, but really he was just an incel. Being an incel doesn’t make you blackpilled. Blackpilled incels are actually pretty rare because it’s against human nature to accept the harsh realities of this world.