Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Wanna get RE2/3 REmake but am a cowardcel

GeorgeSears

GeorgeSears

Soliduscel
★★★★★
I hate jumpscares and an outlast atmosphere if that makes sense. Don't wanna shit my pants while playing at 2 am.

I've seen some RE2/3 remake clips and it seems more action oriented. Is it smart to get RE2/3 as a cowardcel like myself? And if so which one is better?

Only the Resident Evil 2 remake is worth playing. It's not that scary if you don't play on hardcore.
Only Mr X when he spawns might be sort of scary.

Only the Resident Evil 2 remake is worth playing. It's not that scary if you don't play on hardcore.
Only Mr X when he spawns might be sort of scary.
Nice. That one is also cheaper :feelzez:

Nice. That one is also cheaper :feelzez:
It's the best & least flawed out of the three re-imaginings to be honest (Though it still has a few issues)
I don't consider it canon though nor the other two re-imaginings. They take place in an alterative universe.

It's the best & least flawed out of the three re-imaginings to be honest (Though it still has a few issues)
I don't consider it canon though nor the other two re-imaginings. They take place in an alterative universe.
What makes it worse than the original?

I got bored to death and haven't finished RE2make

What makes it worse than the original?
The B scenarios are a downgrade, the enemy variety (There's no spiders, moths & moth larva) The soundtrack & the story is overall not as good. It's harder than the original though so if you like a challenge give it a go.

I'd say RE2 remake is more scarier than RE3 remake.

I like the nemesis design more, but apparently RE2 has a better stalker mechanic, whereas in RE3 Nemesis just spawns in certain levels, which is a shame.

Also RE3 is just 3 hours long lol.

Both aren't scary. It's actually very chill to play. Zombies aren't scary imo

Only Nemesis in RE3 can jump you by how fast he is. Most of his chases are scripted anyway unlike RE2

Resident Evil 7 is the only scary game in the series imo

I hate jumpscares and an outlast atmosphere if that makes sense. Don't wanna shit my pants while playing at 2 am.

I've seen some RE2/3 remake clips and it seems more action oriented. Is it smart to get RE2/3 as a cowardcel like myself? And if so which one is better?
it's just a video game why u so scared lol

it's just a video game why u so scared lol

All the jump scares and creepy faces really make me uncomfortable, probably because I’m super paranoid and usually play at night. I'll be thinking Nemesis is going to be waiting outside my room, and when I leave to take a shit it's truly over.

It gets even worse when I’m sleep deprived, which is pretty much all the time.

Resident evil is one of the least scary horror games there are, not to say they’re bad games overall however. Re2 remake is really good and you should get it. I’d skip re3 remake but 4 is good.

Resident evil is one of the least scary horror games there are, not to say they’re bad games overall however. Re2 remake is really good and you should get it. I’d skip re3 remake but 4 is good.
Nice :feelsokman: :feelzez:

They’re fucking garbage games unless of course you like survival horror games with horrible inventory menu systems and guns that don’t do any damage with a laughably pathetic amounts of ammo and look I know its supposed to be a survival horror game but it’s ridiculous to empty a whole entire clip into a remake zombies head and still have the fucker and six others coming after you.

Why even provide us any weapons at all if they were going to turn a cult classic of a game into a pretty looking unfair shit show?

What I liked about the original RE2 that I played on N64 was that it was tough but fair as all the best games are.

Weapons actually did something in it and while you weren’t provided a massive amount of ammo you were in fact provided just enough to survive if you planned your shots and actions carefully.

Not so with the latest remakes.

They’re really not scary. The only one that’s somewhat decently spooky in terms of sheer horror is Resident Evil 7.

With Resident Evil 2 in particular, it starts out really intense but then mellows out gracefully as you get accustomed to the rules and settings. There is one specific stalker enemy that really put me under tremendous pressure during my initial playthrough. You’ll know it when you see it. Honestly, just jump in blind. You’ll love the ride.

If you’re still really paranoid, then one thing you could potentially try (in regards to any horror game in general) just so you can have your subconscious at ease is to always have a contingency plan. That way, even if things go south, you can always rely on the comfort zone you’ve created within. That, and taking things one step at a time. These games will punish you if you rush through them. In the words of DSP, the lord of all gamers himself, “the stupid game is filled with beginner traps. Fuck you, Capcom.”

I think no matter how much you hate the Resident Evil 3 remake, both RE2 and 3 are kind of like a two-course meal. They complete each other. It feels unfinished if you only play RE3 and leave RE2 out or vice versa.

Also RE3 is just 3 hours long lol.
Honestly, so was the original Resident Evil 3 and so is the Resident Evil 2 Remake. These games are designed to be short. They’d overstay their welcome were they not.

what will you do if those monsters came out in real, man up

They’re really not scary. The only one that’s somewhat decently spooky in terms of sheer horror is Resident Evil 7.

With Resident Evil 2 in particular, it starts out really intense but then mellows out gracefully as you get accustomed to the rules and settings. There is one specific stalker enemy that really put me under tremendous pressure during my initial playthrough. You’ll know it when you see it. Honestly, just jump in blind. You’ll love the ride.

If you’re still really paranoid, then one thing you could potentially try (in regards to any horror game in general) just so you can have your subconscious at ease is to always have a contingency plan. That way, even if things go south, you can always rely on the comfort zone you’ve created within. That, and taking things one step at a time. These games will punish you if you rush through them. In the words of DSP, the lord of all gamers himself,
“the stupid game is filled with beginner traps. Fuck you, Capcom.”

I think no matter how much you hate the Resident Evil 3 remake, both RE2 and 3 are kind of like a two-course meal. They complete each other. It feels unfinished if you only play RE3 and leave RE2 out or vice versa.

Honestly, so was the original Resident Evil 3 and so is the Resident Evil 2 Remake. These games are designed to be short. They’d overstay their welcome were they not.
Thanks for the detailed response. Everything you've said has come to pass haha. Used to be really cautious at the PD but now I just waltz through it. The Tyrant is a nice addition. Not scary, but just adds to the atmosphere. I'm really enjoying this. Favorite part was Adas segment, ngl.

“the stupid game is filled with beginner traps. Fuck you, Capcom.”
Lmao

If you think it's scary now you should try it when you're stoned out of your mind jfl :feelshaha::feelshaha:

I was playing amnesia at like 4 in the morning in the dark, and I was tweaking jfl

RE2 Remake isn't even scary. They kind of fucked up the atmosphere of the first few games. Sure it's a good game, I liked the gameplay of the remake but it's not scary at all compared to 1 and 2 on PS1.

RE2 Remake isn't even scary. They kind of fucked up the atmosphere of the first few games. Sure it's a good game, I liked the gameplay of the remake but it's not scary at all compared to 1 and 2 on PS1.
Thoughts on RE3R?

Haven't tried that one.
Saw clips online of Jill Valentine yelling to Nemesis "SUCK THIS BITCH, YOU FUCKING BIIIIITCH, EAT THIS BIIIITCH"

Was cringing really hard and decided not to pick that up. RE4R seems really nice though. I'll definitely get that one.

Thanks for the detailed response. Everything you've said has come to pass haha.
No problem, buddy boyo. Glad you enjoyed the game. Sorry again for the late response.

Used to be really cautious at the PD but now I just waltz through it. The Tyrant is a nice addition. Not scary, but just adds to the atmosphere. I'm really enjoying this. Favorite part was Adas segment, ngl.
In case you wanted to breeze through the endgame/platinum grind, SOG has a fabulous guide. I’m gonna link its introductory steps here:

Don’t let the “official” difficulty rating for the game deter you, the hardcore mode in this game is ridiculously easy; even if you’re not using a guide, so long as you’re managing your saves wisely, you’ll be just fine. They could’ve gone a mercilessly different route with it, but they chose not to.

If you play the Resident Evil 2 remake make sure to play with the original soundtrack. It makes the experience far better.

If you play the Resident Evil 2 remake make sure to play with the original soundtrack. It makes the experience far better.
OG soundtrack only comes with the gold edition, sadly. I only bought standard as I didn't know at the time if I'd like it or not.

OG soundtrack only comes with the gold edition, sadly. I only bought standard as I didn't know at the time if I'd like it or not.
I managed to buy the gold edition when it was on sale. I think you can still buy the original soundtrack separately but you have to pay extra money for it.