Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal Vulnerability to Ideologically-Motivated Violence Among Individuals With Autism Spectrum Disorder

InMemoriam

InMemoriam

Make Paragon Glowie Again
★★★★★
Vulnerability to Ideologically-Motivated Violence Among Individuals With Autism Spectrum Disorder
Marc R. Woodbury-Smith1 *, Rachel Loftin2 , Alexander Westphal 3 and Fred R. Volkmar 4 1 Biosciences Institute, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, 2 Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, United States, 3 Division of Law and Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry and Child Study Center, Yale University, New Haven, CT, United States, 4 Child Study Center, Yale University and Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, CT, United States

People with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) are represented among those who espouse extremist thought and have committed violent acts associated with their beliefs. Media often highlight a perpetrator’s psychiatric diagnosis following acts of mass violence, which in some instances has included ASD. ASD may itself not provide useful information for understanding motivations. Instead, understanding specific traits and neuropsychological and other vulnerabilities may offer an opportunity to make sense of these very complex events.

Keywords: autism spectrum disorder, extremism, terrorism, vulnerability, mental health, incels, forensic

INTRODUCTION

Through the media we are often made aware of the mental health of individuals who have engaged in high profile acts of either mass violence or inexplicable acts of violence toward others (1, 2). Mental disorders such as schizophrenia and mood disorders are often cited as increasing the risk of unlawful behavior, although it is also recognized that this increased risk is modest (3, 4). More recent studies have also investigated mental disorders among people who have engaged in violence in the context of holding extremist beliefs. These indicate that among violent extremists between 10 and 17% have one or more mental disorders, with a range of psychiatric diagnoses represented, with mood disorder and schizophrenia the most frequent (5, 6).

In recent years, the media has drawn attention to perpetrators who have been formally diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) (2). Examples include the Toronto Van Attack and the Sandy Hook shootings, where, in both instances, the perpetrator had an established diagnosis of ASD. Similarly, among those who are drawn to extremist ideologies or outgroup affiliations, such as incels (involuntary celibates) (7), we are aware that a significant minority either have ASD or self-identify with this label (8). The perpetrator of the Toronto Van Attack is one such individual. Other examples do exist in the literature in which an ASD diagnosis is suggested (9, 10), but such highly-speculative cases will not be discussed further, particularly given the lack of formal diagnosis and other inherent biases in the approach taken (11).

@Zer0/∞ @ADHD_cel

What they really mean is ugly males with autism, funny how foids never have to resort to going ER.

Cause and effect. Men goes ER when they have no future and are treated shitty. Autistic males are treated the worst, even among ugly males.

What they really mean is ugly males with autism, funny how foids never have to resort to going ER.
Nassim Aghdam is a foid who went ER on youtube. Rare, but happens.

What is funny is that researchers find it odd that spergs resort to violent ideologies, but never seem to find odd the fact that basically EVERY NORMIE hates spergs, and typically go out of their way to make a sperg day worse in any way they can. Or that a sperg experience in life is basically being on the receiving end of bullying, threats, violence, disgust and general ill-treatment of all kids.

I think we'll never see a research about why men spit on the pavement as a sperg such as yours truly merely walks past them on the sidewalk; or why foids stop their conversations to make an "eww" sound and display sneers and frowns as I merely walk past them on sidewalks; or why bullies spend so much energy to make a sperg's school experience an inferno; or why people give spergs wrong directions purposely; or why people overcomplicate trivial matters when they deal with a sperg trying to solve a trivial problem (such as getting some paperwork done) meanwhile normies make it easy for other normies to sort out these same messes etc. etc. etc.

According to researchers, normies being hostile to spergs 24/7 is completely below their radar; but spergs picking up on this hostility and developing a worldview in which violence can be used to solve problems is something absolutely extraordinary that merits millions of dollars of research.

Dear researchers: you don't have to be the brightest mind in academia to understand you can only beat a dog for so long before it turns on you. Anyone who has ever spent time with dogs knows as much. Transposing this trivial fact to human relations doesn't require the wisdom of a prophet. It's just basic common sense.

Last edited:
but never seem to find odd the fact that basically EVERY NORMIE hates spergs, and typically go out of their way to make a sperg day worse in any way they can.
Researchers never turn the research onto themselves, it would mean admitting that people are shitty to autists on purpose.

Good thread.

In recent years, the media has drawn attention to perpetrators who have been formally diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) (2). Examples include the Toronto Van Attack and the Sandy Hook shootings, where, in both instances, the perpetrator had an established diagnosis of ASD. Similarly, among those who are drawn to extremist ideologies or outgroup affiliations, such as incels (involuntary celibates) (7), we are aware that a significant minority either have ASD or self-identify with this label (8). The perpetrator of the Toronto Van Attack is one such individual. Other examples do exist in the literature in which an ASD diagnosis is suggested (9, 10), but such highly-speculative cases will not be discussed further, particularly given the lack of formal diagnosis and other inherent biases in the approach taken (11).

ASD alone does not lead to violence. Societal discrimination pushes ASD victims to victimize NTs.

"is_ranking_enabled": true,
"user_text": "\"All the money spent on needle exchanges\"\n\nWhat are you going on about? Republicans have opposed proper implementation of needle exchanges for years. If you aren't willing to help the problem, stop whining about the consequences.",
"headline": "Opioids Have Sparked An HIV Outbreak In Massachusetts",
"url": "https://www.yahoo.com/news/opioids-sparked-hiv-outbreak-massachusetts-160028828.html",
"timestamp": "Tue Aug 07 05:12:05 UTC 2018"
},
{
"user_text": "A young, pretty White woman can receive plenty of privileges.",
"headline": "Reward for missing Iowa jogger Mollie Tibbetts now more than $277,000, breaking record",
"url": "https://www.yahoo.com/gma/reward-mi...s-260-000-143405258--abc-news-topstories.html",
"timestamp": "Tue Aug 07 04:13:29 UTC 2018"
},
{
"user_text": "Mr. Cruz's mental illness could've been caught if he had only received fair and reasonable treatment. By allowing the students to severely bully this unstable man, he was pushed to his limits and reacted in a horrific way.\n\nLet us remember the Golden Rule: \"Do unto others as you wish done unto you\" - Had he been treated properly, I doubt he would've been filled with enough hatred and delusion to commit a massacre.",
"headline": "Parkland suspect: Voice told him to burn, kill, destroy",
"url": "https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspect-exclaimed-kill-florida-school-shooting-202804980.html",
"timestamp": "Tue Aug 07 03:50:39 UTC 2018"
},
{
"user_text": "Are you threatening his life?",
"url": "https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspect-exclaimed-kill-florida-school-shooting-202804980.html",
"timestamp": "Tue Aug 07 03:41:33 UTC 2018"
},
{
"user_text": "Or....you merely chose to ignore the obvious signs of mental illness.",
"timestamp": "Tue Aug 07 03:35:15 UTC 2018"

Cause and effect. Men goes ER when they have no future and are treated shitty. Autistic males are treated the worst, even among ugly males.

Oh great, now they're going to start profiling us. :feelsseriously:

Research is a tool media interest groups to justify things the like and things they hate, there looking for reasons to get control on non-NT people because they don't like them acting out when they get abused instead of being a good wagie and not complaining

What they really mean is ugly males with autism
Autistic males are treated the worst, even among ugly males.
but never seem to find odd the fact that basically EVERY NORMIE hates spergs, and typically go out of their way to make a sperg day worse in any way they can. Or that a sperg experience in life is basically being on the receiving end of bullying, threats, violence, disgust and general ill-treatment of all kids.
According to researchers, normies being hostile to spergs 24/7 is completely below their radar; but spergs picking up on this hostility and developing a worldview in which violence can be used to solve problems is something absolutely extraordinary that merits millions of dollars of research.
:yes::yes::yes::yes: All true, and it never ends; it will continue well into adulthood, as I've had the unfortunate experience to realize this. Even in places that are supposedly composed of the lowest-of-the-low socially, we still will be seen as lesser; there is no one beneath us in terms of the social hierarchy. People despise us for existing, and they can sniff out our disorders with alarming accuracy. We will never find acceptance among others.

ASD alone does not lead to violence. Societal discrimination pushes ASD victims to victimize NTs.
I've had to deal with bullies every single year from Kindergarten up through 12th grade in high school. The amount of discrimination, as well as verbal and physical harassment I received from my peers was obnoxious, and I often fought back, to my own detriment. Of course, my parents and the school administration would always side with my bullies, and listen to and believe only them. Most times, I wasn't even allowed to speak on behalf of my own story, my own version of events, which was far truer than the nonsense my bullies and teachers were espousing. So I was the only one who got in trouble, while my bullies all got away, scot-free. Not even a slap on the wrist, my bullies straight up just got nothing for the harm they caused me, and were treated like model students; meanwhile, I was labelled the "problem child" for standing up for myself.

This world is excessively cruel towards autists and spergs, and they treat us like we chose to be born this way, and so it's all "justified" in their minds, we must therefore be little monsters that need to be stomped out. This is why, even from a young age, I grew up hating all the rest of humanity; combined with the fact that nobody, not one single person, ever stood up for me, in any way, at any point in time.

Dear researchers: you don't have to be the brightest mind in academia to understand you can only beat a dog for so long before it turns on you. Anyone who has ever spent time with dogs knows as much. Transposing this trivial fact to human relations doesn't require the wisdom of a prophet. It's just basic common sense.
Based advice for the braindead zog.