Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion von Neumann

Comfcel

Comfcel

All according to keikaku (計画通り).
★★★★★
Von Neumann: arguably the smartest human being documented. This man was genius to the point where it could be argued that he was incomprehensible to the rest of us. To give you an idea of how incredibly intelligent this man was, here is an excerpt from (((wikipedia))): "Other mathematicians were stunned by von Neumann's ability to instantaneously perform complex operations in his head. As a six-year-old, he could divide two eight-digit numbers in his head and converse in Ancient Greek. When he was sent at the age of 15 to study advanced calculus under analyst Gábor Szegő, Szegő was so astounded with the boy's talent in mathematics that he was brought to tears on their first meeting."
"Nobel Laureate Hans Bethe said "I have sometimes wondered whether a brain like von Neumann's does not indicate a species superior to that of man", and later Bethe wrote that "[von Neumann's] brain indicated a new species, an evolution beyond man"."

I've always wondered; when a person is this inconceivably genius, do they even relate to other humans? A friend of von Neumann, Edward Teller, indicated that von Neumann spoke to adults in a similar way as how adults speak to children. When you reach this level of intellect, do you even care about baser needs such as sex and love? Do you even care about the blackpill - Stacies, Chads, Betas and so on? Maybe this is all childish delusions, designed to distract us from unraveling the grander mysteries of the universe and mathematics. Or is this just like everything else on this site - cope?

Brainmog is the worst mog
I can accept that I'll never be as muscular as Arnold or have Jonah Falcon's gigacock, but the fact that geniuses breeze through school and effortlessly make amazing discoveries while I struggle for a 3.0 GPA really bothers me.

Reading about people like this gives me a burst of desire to know, to learn, to become an expert at something. And then I return to rotting like nothing ever happened.

Brainmog is the worst mog
I can accept that I'll never be as muscular as Arnold or have Jonah Falcon's gigacock, but the fact that geniuses breeze through school and effortlessly make amazing discoveries while I struggle for a 3.0 GPA really bothers me.
It's not just that. You can work out, take steroids if you must, and attain a nice body. But if you aren't born a genius. you will never be one. Your brain is never going to change.
Reading about people like this gives me a burst of desire to know, to learn, to become an expert at something. And then I return to rotting like nothing ever happened.
Same, just that I refuse to just LDAR. This motivates me to rise above and learn.

Von Neumann: arguably the smartest human being documented. This man was genius to the point where it could be argued that he was incomprehensible to the rest of us. To give you an idea of how incredibly intelligent this man was, here is an excerpt from (((wikipedia))): "Other mathematicians were stunned by von Neumann's ability to instantaneously perform complex operations in his head. As a six-year-old, he could divide two eight-digit numbers in his head and converse in Ancient Greek. When he was sent at the age of 15 to study advanced calculus under analyst Gábor Szegő, Szegő was so astounded with the boy's talent in mathematics that he was brought to tears on their first meeting."
"Nobel Laureate Hans Bethe said "I have sometimes wondered whether a brain like von Neumann's does not indicate a species superior to that of man", and later Bethe wrote that "[von Neumann's] brain indicated a new species, an evolution beyond man"."

I've always wondered; when a person is this inconceivably genius, do they even relate to other humans? A friend of von Neumann, Edward Teller, indicated that von Neumann spoke to adults in a similar way as how adults speak to children. When you reach this level of intellect, do you even care about baser needs such as sex and love? Do you even care about the blackpill - Stacies, Chads, Betas and so on? Maybe this is all childish delusions, designed to distract us from unraveling the grander mysteries of the universe and mathematics. Or is this just like everything else on this site - cope?
Why bother over this shit, Genetics is part random and part inherited so just do the best with that you got. In the end is all about survival and coping for us.

Reading about people like this gives me a burst of the opposite since I don't enjoy being brainmogged.

Why bother over this shit, Genetics is part random and part inherited so just do the best with that you got. In the end is all about survival and coping for us.
I've coped for many years now. It's always the same thing. I grow tired of it. Either I must find something that actually intrigues me in this bleak world, or I must rope.

I've coped for many years now. It's always the same thing. I grow tired of it. Either I must find something that actually intrigues me in this bleak world, or I must rope.
Are you intrigued by coding/Ai stuff like that. If you are i can help you out. I did provide on a thread coding resources and a tool which helps you visualize code and relieves the stress of drawling diagrams.

That's pretty cool tbh but still his bald head filled with superior beyond-man knowledge would have been denied reproduction today by foids, just lol at their genetic gatekeeping ability.
same

He was also a bald manlet so even if he was mentally "above" sexual dynamics he'd live a lot differently in these lookist times. He'd also probably end up in finance not physics with those mental calculation abilities.

Fuck him, whoever he was. He was born with a gigachad 300 IQ and as far as I know did nothing productive in the long term with it other than flex on the rest of us.

Him being the "smartest human documented" is complete nonsense. There is absolutely no proof of that, rather this was more of an opinion held by his closest (Jewish) friends. Smart sure, but smartest? I do not think so. Such a thing is difficult to measure.

Last edited:
Fuck him, whoever he was. He was born with a gigachad 300 IQ and as far as I know did nothing productive in the long term with it other than flex on the rest of us.
The computer you posted this on uses von Neumann architecture

The computer you posted this on uses von Neumann architecture

alright I was just pissed when I read OPs post for other unrelated reasons. a lot of the shit I say here is just venting so don't take me too seriously

IQ mogged by Tesla.

Literally the most intelligent man of the 20th century but women see him as less human than an 80 IQ homeless man with good bones.

Thank god for the perpetuity of benign patriarchy into the 20th century without it we'd still be stuck in the dark ages.

many people like to intellectual-cope, but exceptionally few are equipped for it

Of course he cares about the blackpill etc, he was a man born from a man and a woman, not some god.

Also we don't know if he was actually intelligent. He was talented at maths and that's all, as far as we know, from what you said.

Literally the most intelligent man of the 20th century but women see him as less human than an 80 IQ homeless man with good bones.

Thank god for the perpetuity of benign patriarchy into the 20th century without it we'd still be stuck in the dark ages.
And this is what makes me the saddest.

Brain is cope those genius people all life shitty lifes have no sex and many commit suicide. Its over for geniuscells. If youre ugly no brain in the world can save you.

What good is wisdom if it brings no profit to the wise? Von Neumann, without a doubt a great man, could very well be an incel today. He doesn't meet the minimal looks threshold at all; he was a balding manlet with a bad face. However, because the society was structured differently 100 years ago, he was able to find a spouse and father a kid, something which would be infinitely more difficult today for someone with looks like his. I wonder if him being an incel could affect his body of work. Women, when left to their own devices, try to eliminated ugly-looking males, no matter how big their contribution to the advancement of the human species may be. Females have no appreciation whatsoever for what men created.

A friend of von Neumann, Edward Teller, indicated that von Neumann spoke to adults in a similar way as how adults speak to children
I feel like I do this sometimes IRL

Brain is cope those genius people all life shitty lifes have no sex and many commit suicide. Its over for geniuscells. If youre ugly no brain in the world can save you.

Other mathematicians were stunned by von Neumann's ability to instantaneously perform complex operations in his head. As a six-year-old, he could divide two eight-digit numbers in his head and converse in Ancient Greek. When he was sent at the age of 15 to study advanced calculus under analyst Gábor Szegő, Szegő was so astounded with the boy's talent in mathematics that he was brought to tears on their first meeting

If you're as smart as him and known for your intelligence and contributions to many fields you have status and can get laid. So being this intelligent and successful is benefitial for someone ugly.

Last edited:
"All things considered, the psychologist who has observed the development of gifted children over a long period of time from early childhood to maturity, evolves the idea that there is a certain restricted portion of the total range of intelligence which is most favorable to the development of successful and well-rounded personality in the world as it now exists. This limited range appears to be somewhere between 125 and 155 IQ. Children and adolescents in this area are enough more intelligent than the average to win the confidence of large numbers of their fellows, which brings about leadership, and to manage their own lives with superior efficiency. Moreover, there are enough of them to afford mutual esteem and understanding. But those of 170 IQ and beyond are too intelligent to be understood by the general run of persons with whom they make contact. They are too infrequent to find congenial companions. They have to contend with loneliness and personal isolation from their contemporaries throughout the period of their immaturity. To what extent these patterns become fixed, we cannot yet tell"

"All things considered, the psychologist who has observed the development of gifted children over a long period of time from early childhood to maturity, evolves the idea that there is a certain restricted portion of the total range of intelligence which is most favorable to the development of successful and well-rounded personality in the world as it now exists. This limited range appears to be somewhere between 125 and 155 IQ. Children and adolescents in this area are enough more intelligent than the average to win the confidence of large numbers of their fellows, which brings about leadership, and to manage their own lives with superior efficiency. Moreover, there are enough of them to afford mutual esteem and understanding. But those of 170 IQ and beyond are too intelligent to be understood by the general run of persons with whom they make contact. They are too infrequent to find congenial companions. They have to contend with loneliness and personal isolation from their contemporaries throughout the period of their immaturity. To what extent these patterns become fixed, we cannot yet tell"

This is extremely interesting. Thank you for sharing.