Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Video game music is more timeless because its context is virtual

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
Regular music I think it feels more alive at first but then its "time" passes.

Just something I was thinking about today.

Maybe it's got something to do with video game music not having any lyrics most of the time.

That probably does help too actually.

Vocals and lyrics tend to be more of their time and also harder to replicate with someone else.

the witcher 3 is the best soundtrack of all time.

Because a lot of video game music is the last music to be done by people trained in a classical style. Nobuo Uematsu, and Koji Kondo are good examples of this. However it's getting shittier now and we're starting to hear forgettable nuu music just like what happened with movies.

Interesting. That's true. I don't think I ever thought about it like that. When I'm 80, I'll still listen to the Ocarina of Time and Undertale and Minecraft OST, and it'll still probably sound like it came out yesterday. But whether cinematic or 8 bit, soundtracks in general aren't really susceptible to the trends and fads that pop or rap music, for example, generally has to follow in order to stay relevant and have the widest possible appeal.