Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious very unhappy with my situation and feeling desperate - dating apps?

Depends on the app and its way of displaying profile pics.
At least 2 photos:
  • your face, but don't use it as cover pic, put it 2nd (avoid selfie or even worse mirror pic, prefer group selfie)
  • doing social activity (e.g. with friends), put it 1st
You may add 1 or 2:
  • doing other activity like sports (avoid weightlifting)
  • with your pet if you have one (dogpill may be useful for once lol)
Important: never show your fellows on the photos (cut or blur them), you don't want to get mogged by your own pics. But make sure they can still know the photo is originally a group one.
i have no friends or social photos what would you recommend

Just larp and cleverly cut the photos. Take the selfie in a public place like a show room or an amusement park, and for the social one you can sit on a bench and pretend there's someone next to you. Capture using remote trigger, or at worst record a video then isolate a good pic.

It also depends in which country and were you live. If you live in like Egypt in some town with 20000 people and theres nothing in a radius of 50 miles well shit chances are basically 0%.

You need to understand that even a Sub5 women gets swiped by some really high status guys.

An average girl in her 20s or 30s gets THOUSANDS of likes each week.

Back in the day were Tinder was more popular and regular guys could still hook up and find matches, a girl posted a video on Youtube, she was like an 8/10 girl 19 yo, she got 5000 LIKES in just the first 24 hours, every guy she swiped right was an Instant match and those guys were bombarding her seconds after the match with all kinds of shit.

From a simple "Hey" to "Allright ill be your boyfriend" to even things like "Ill pay you $100 if you respond and $1000 if we can meet irl".

I was on Bumble and swiped well over 10000 women, in the entire time I got like 10 matches and only ever one response - since back then women needed to put in the effort to response first - the conversation ultimately let to me asking her what kind of relationship we had (at that point i already talked to her for 3 days and finally wanted to add her on Snap) her answer:

"You're just another chat"

I didnt comment after that.

Just larp and cleverly cut the photos. Take the selfie in a public place like a show room or an amusement park, and for the social one you can sit on a bench and pretend there's someone next to you. Capture using remote trigger, or at worst record a video then isolate a good pic.
if i just put 2 selfies would that not be good ?

if i just put 2 selfies would that not be good ?
Whatever you feel more comfortable with. I don't think it's that important anyway. Just pay attention to the quality of your main pic, it will determine most of your success.

Whatever you feel more comfortable with. I don't think it's that important anyway. Just pay attention to the quality of your main pic, it will determine most of your success.
do you have discord?

This is a really good way to see it, I think I will today. How many photos do you use?
I think I used 5 or all 6. I really tried to make a good profile with an accurate yet witty bio (or so I thought anyways) and everything. IMO failing won't mean anything if you didn't give it your best. To clarify tho, by "good profile" I mean a profile that accurately portrayed me in as positive a light as possible. I personally see no reason to make an attractive yet misleading profile.
I didn't have any either. I think I had two selfies and a few pictures of me doing marketable activities I like doing -- e.g., walking and playing a board game -- with only me in view. I also had a picture of me petting a neighborhood cat whom I was close with. RIP little buddy.

I think I used 5 or all 6. I really tried to make a good profile with an accurate yet witty bio (or so I thought anyways) and everything. IMO failing won't mean anything if you didn't give it your best. To clarify tho, by "good profile" I mean a profile that accurately portrayed me in as positive a light as possible. I personally see no reason to make an attractive yet misleading profile.
Did you get any matches?
I didn't have any either. I think I had two selfies and a few pictures of me doing marketable activities I like doing -- e.g., walking and playing a board game -- with only me in view. I also had a picture of me petting a neighborhood cat whom I was close with. RIP little buddy.
tbh. if i want to market it accurately i will just do a few selfies and a bio that is just like "yo"

i am a boring person who doesn't do much. i don't want to try and market myself as some outgoing extrovert who loves being outside

Did you get any matches?
Not on Tinder. I tried one other dating app, Hinge, whereon I got one match. However, we matched because neither of us got the kikecine and I think she was only interested in hearing why I didn't either. As soon after we were done talking about that, she ghosted me.
tbh. if i want to market it accurately i will just do a few selfies and a bio that is just like "yo"

i am a boring person who doesn't do much. i don't want to try and market myself as some outgoing extrovert who loves being outside
In that case I'd encourage you to do so. If you get a match with a misleading profile, it'll likely just break down later rather than sooner.

allow me to introduce you to having a parasocial relationship with an idol......

i made a tinder account but i am kind of lost. it says to set a bio, message people, or see likes i need to pay??

so basically unless i pay its a useless app? what a scam if that is true and im not just ignorant to how to use it

my dream girl

Dating apps are a waste of storage space, nothing more.
And if by any chance you get a match, your message will go to the void because they have 20+ other men DMing them.

i made a tinder account but i am kind of lost. it says to set a bio, message people, or see likes i need to pay??

so basically unless i pay its a useless app? what a scam if that is true and im not just ignorant to how to use it
Do you have good pics?

I am very unhappy with my situation as I'm sure most here are but I feel mine is getting critical and my mind is becoming desperate and grasping at straws. Been getting the idea of trying dating apps but I am on the fence

I have never tried dating apps in my life, or dating at all, or even flirting. Knew it wasn't worth my time.

I have been thinking, should I make a dating app? Just to try a desperate last attempt? I am 24 turning 25 soon and the older I get the harder it will be.

Some pros:

my only chance at finding a possible date because i never leave my house except for work

The cons:

0 matches would be giga suifuel and might just make me feel so low I might end it

If I was to try dating apps, what ones? I live in Canada.
Pay the subscription version for a few months just to see if it works

Don't. I also have these moments where I wanna download every dating app under the sun to try and get some kind of action, but it'll always end in you not getting any matches and your psychosis becoming worse.

You missed out on early dating app days, when this shit still was viable.

Today they are focused on keeping you on the App - which means less likes, more shadowbanning, worse algo.

Pay the subscription version for a few months just to see if it works
It doesnt. I have heavily photoshopped pictures of myself and even back when i still payed for Tinder Platinum I bately ever got any matches.

you have to pay to see whos liked you but you can still match with them

so its technically free

no need to pay

see thats the exactly mentality i have. but im getting very desperate. you know? im very conflcted about this all
Do it man, life is to short not to try, think every time you've felt that feeling of a little chance and you didnt take it, you're only gonna hate yourself if you don't try.

A lot of people here try to sound tough giving bad advice and telling you to give up, they are just chasing clout and you often find those same religious blackpillers macho men get revealed to be fakecels.

Do what's good for you, if yoy don't leave your house then don't even use dating apps, what do you expect will happen?

It takes only a few minutes FFS. It's a waste of time but imagine writing "should I try X" where X takes 10 minutes of effort. Lazy fuck.