Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Various oneitis songs

T

Tuttle

Banned
-
Oneitis and this romantic vision promulgated by the media gripped me during my school years. I guess it has given way to hopelessness and the siren call of LDAR but I still look back fondly of when I had a blind faith. I am older than most here plus I was always looking back to songs in the past so this will definitely skew to earlier songs.

I'll start off with one of the sillier and older ones:

On to more specifics, the first real crush I had liked Elton John so his songs always meant something special to me:

I suppose this may seem "uncool" to most modern ears (and it doesn't help he is a homo and wearing a silly outfit) but this and other songs of his I find very moving.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm already straying from the theme but I sometimes try to imagine this is the thought process of women who rejected me.

Note he starts off showering!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wouldn't have expected anyone to post that but it has significance for me. But it was with the only success I ever had (through luck) so it is more sweet than bitter. Still good, though.

It's a really good song tbh

Another 70's masterpiece (I could spend the rest of my life with these songs.)

A little newer - 80's :) Devastating song.

I have to admit a certain fondness for this track. Imagine a world where...

But this is usually more my speed:

I kinda thought that we were meant
to be
I really thought that you were the one
for me

If you're after something less wild:

Mariah Carey - without you
Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting
Jim Diamond - I Should've Known Better