Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Soy Use and Misuse of Evolutionary Psychology in Online Manosphere Communities: The Case of Female Mating Strategies

• Thread starter WorthlessSlavicShit
  • Start date
WorthlessSlavicShit

WorthlessSlavicShit

Overlord
★★★★★

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/BlackPillScience/comments/169ffkw/use_and_misuse_of_evolutionary_psychology_in/

Jfl:feelskek:. Not gonna lie, I was actually expecting some serious dismantlings of a good number of our talking points and the studies that are popular not just here but in the wider manosphere in general, with people whose academic titles are thrice the size of their actual names showing us what the science actually says...

Meanwhile, that "study" is mostly just stressing that the dual mating hypothesis is a hypothesis and not settled science, wondering why we believe in the blackpill when it makes us miserable:feelskek::feelskek:, and saying that terms such as "cuckold" or "infidelity" shouldn't be used in EvoPsych papers:lul::lul:.

There is no mark of hypothesis, in fact, the dual mating strategy hypothesis is not describedas such in the manosphere. Here, it is just described as a scientific and “observed” strategy thatfemales engage in.
This comment is voicing a common fear among incels. Even if one manages to find agirlfriend someday, she will be unfaithful – after all, isn’t this in her best genetic interest? Sinceincels perceive themselves as men of low genetic quality, they feel especially concerned by thedual mating strategy hypothesis, which posits that female extra-pair mating might have evolvedthrough mating with “higher-quality” mates. Yet rather than reject a hypothesis which wouldlook unpalatable to them, they embrace it. Indeed, incel or “blackpill” ideology is based on theidea that incels’ destinies are out of their hands, determined instead by powerful social, genetic,and evolutionary forces (Brzuszkiewicz, 2020, p.12-13). Chief among those forces is femalemate selection, which to them is synonymous with female rejection.
If these communities are already prejudiced against women, and hold moralistic viewson female sexuality, can evolutionary sex researchers really avoid seeing their work beingmisinterpreted? Probably not. However, they can take steps to make such interpretations moredifficult, and to ensure their own language does not unnecessarily reflect that of themanosphere.
For example, the use of the verb “cuckold” in reputable academic writing is unfortunate.Firstly, because this is a sexist term. Indeed, this opprobrious label only concerns men whosewives are unfaithful, but there is no equivalent for the wife of a philanderer – a clear case ofsexual double standard.

Those mofos had enough energy to study the writings of depressed virgins online, but not enough to just Google "cuckqueen:lul::lul::lul:".

Finally, maybe a morally loaded term such as “infidelity” could be avoided – as was thecase in the present article. Obviously, it is impossible for the Evolutionary Psychology literatureto use only neutral terms. Indeed, it studies all areas of human behavior, all of which, likeviolence, cheating, or solidarity, come with their own moral connotations. However, given thelingering prevalence of sexual double-standards and the intensity of moral attitudes towards sex– two things that EP itself can very well shed light on (Zaikman & Marks, 2017; Farvid, 2021)–, maybe sex research should be mindful to adopt particularly neutral language. In a similar logic,we avoided using the term “promiscuity” in this article.

Dual mating strat was the idea that women evolved to choose one man as father and another one as provider, right? Because if it is,

1.) I think I read some pretty decend counter evidence against this being a real pattern. Swear to god, I better not find that twitter thread again and realize that the < 1 SD above average IQ autor of this garbage paper was both too lazy and too stupid to find & include the data someone else already collected on the topic.
2.) I don't think it matters much either way. Dual mating is a single idea on the edges of the :blackpill: perspective. In some way it's even a :redpill: idea, because it suggests there is a high natural demand for men who are willing to betabuxx for irregular pity sex. 'Just moneymaxx for 20 years and you too could qualify as a sentient human-shaped wallet for a used up foid to exploit'. The behavior could develope naturally from the simple imbalance between demand and supply of highly attractive men, even if it wasn't an evolutionary adaptation. And if it doesn't, who cares, nothing stands or falls with that idea.

Also, wasn't it one of the PUA gurus who came up with that, or at least popularized it? I never read "The Rational Male", but if I'm not mistaken Rollo was the one mainly pushing the dual mating hypothesis ?

There is no mark of hypothesis, in fact, the dual mating strategy hypothesis is not describedas such in the manosphere. Here, it is just described as a scientific and “observed” strategy thatfemales engage in.
Is this complete retard really complaining that the same kind of people that use swastikas to scare away normies aren't properly using epistemological labels while talking shit online :feelskek:? Truly shameful, do better guys. How is the scientific community ever gonna respect our virgin asses if during the discussion between "Nigg4Kill4_6969" and "MrBeheadAJew" neither of these two gentlemen expresses their degree of estimated certainty accurately?

Reading this feels like I'm grading a high schooler's homework. :feelsrope:

Last edited:
Ok, I see where I got the homework vibes from.

Use and Misuse of Evolutionary Psychology in Online Manosphere Communities  The Case of Female

Dual mating strat was the idea that women evolved to choose one man as father and another one as provider, right? Because if it is,

1.) I think I read some pretty decend counter evidence against this being a real pattern. Swear to god, I better not find that twitter thread again and realize that the < 1 SD above average IQ autor of this garbage paper was both too lazy and too stupid to find & include the data someone else already collected on the topic.
2.) I don't think it matters much either way. Dual mating is a single idea on the edges of the :blackpill: perspective. In some way it's even a :redpill: idea, because it suggests there is a high natural demand for men who are willing to betabuxx for irregular pity sex. 'Just moneymaxx for 20 years and you too could qualify as a sentient human-shaped wallet for a used up foid to exploit'. The behavior could develope naturally from the simple imbalance between demand and supply of highly attractive men, even if it wasn't an evolutionary adaptation. And if it doesn't, who cares, nothing stands or falls with that idea.
:yes::yes:

Also, wasn't it one of the PUA gurus who came up with that, or at least popularized it? I never read "The Rational Male", but if I'm not mistaken Rollo was the one mainly pushing the dual mating hypothesis?
Yup, that seems to be the case.

Is this complete retard really complaining that the same kind of people that use swastikas to scare away normies aren't properly using epistemological labels while talking shit online :feelskek:? Truly shameful, do better guys. How is the scientific community ever gonna respect our virgin asses if during the discussion between "Nigg4Kill4_6969" and "MrBeheadAJew" neither of these two gentlemen expresses their degree of estimated certainty accurately?

Reading this feels like I'm grading a high schooler's homework. :feelsrope:
Yeah, that's exactly what they are doing:feelskek::feelskek:.

Meanwhile, that "study" is mostly just stressing that the dual mating hypothesis is a hypothesis and not settled science, wondering why we believe in the blackpill when it makes us miserable:feelskek::feelskek:, and saying that terms such as "cuckold" or "infidelity" shouldn't be used in EvoPsych papers:lul::lul:.
So the "study" is actually a code of conduct :feelskek:

Throw women into the trash compactor.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back