Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Us Mathcels will rule the world

Fallenleaves

Fallenleaves

Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those m
-
So far, AI has been the least successful in the domain of Mathematics. This means that Mathematicians will be the last to be replaced if the day does come. :feelsautistic:

@Ahnfeltia @trying to ascend @Grim_Reaper

I can't do math well

Best book for linear algebra?

it began for mathcels

i am a mathcel but not the one that is good at it..,. i am math celibate because i am bad at it... i have bad memory due to low iq

IM CELIBATE FROM MATHS!!!!

Mathematics won't be very hard for AI to master, it's logic. Just wait a few more years. Plus, what can you really do anyways with a pure math degree? :feelswhere:

just use a calculator lol

Copius Maximus, mang

Best book for linear algebra?
I've been using 3 books. The 3rd one is the hardest.

1) Linear Algebra and Its Applications,
Gilbert Strang

2) Elementary Linear Algebra, Howard Anton

3) Linear Algebra, Stephen Friedberg

Based world ruling mathcels should wait till the day the world truly needs their help to save everyone. And then turn around and say "you're not entitled to help sweaty :feelsaww:"...

Then proceed to watch the planet burn.

The real irony in such a scenario? It would quite literally be the rest of the worlds shit personalities when it comes to how they view and treat ugly/non-nt reject guys, that lead to their plea being denied.

Based world ruling mathcels should wait till the day the world truly needs their help to save everyone. And then turn around and say "you're not entitled to help sweaty :feelsaww:"...

Society will never collapse in our lifetime but I get what you mean.
The real irony in such a scenario? It would quite literally be the rest of the worlds shit personalities when it comes to how they view and treat ugly/non-nt reject guys, that lead to their plea being denied.
They are irredeemable and will be treated like the scum of the earth, no exceptions.

Society will never collapse in our lifetime but I get what you mean.
I thought so too tbh. And still do really. But from what I have seen the last couple of years, the process is coming along much faster than I first anticipated.

They are irredeemable and will be treated like the scum of the earth, no exceptions.
They're beyond cruel

I thought so too tbh. And still do really. But from what I have seen the last couple of years, the process is coming along much faster than I first anticipated.
We can only hope so. It's better to be grounded in reality but a little wishful thinking wouldn't hurt.

AI + WolframAlpha will have you beat soon. I'm starting to wonder if studying CS is as good of an idea as I once thought.

Mathematics won't be very hard for AI to master, it's logic. Just wait a few more years. Plus, what can you really do anyways with a pure math degree? :feelswhere:
All the real smart people do physics.

Mathematics won't be very hard for AI to master, it's logic. Just wait a few more years.
AI + WolframAlpha will have you beat soon. I'm starting to wonder if studying CS is as good of an idea as I once thought.
AI ain't actually very good at doing logic per se. What it is good at is pattern recognition and extrapolation of recognized patterns. Hence why AI can mimic art styles. It's able to extract the commonalities between artworks in the same style. On the other hand, advanced mathematics is an interesting mix of creativity and playing a game. Just like in, say, chess, there are legal and illegal manipulations one in allowed to perform. Yet, proving new theorems requires one to navigate thru the maze in a way no one was able to do theretofore. Language models such as the famed ChatGPT are barely able to play a dozen legal chess moves in a row, let alone come up with coherent mathematical proofs. You might reasonably argue that specialized AI such as Stockfish are better at chess than any human, so what's to stop AI from conquering mathematics? Well, a chess game seldomly lasts more than a gross moves, but a mathematical proof, if you break it all the way down, easily consists of an unfathomable number of legal moves. Having an AI explore the vast space of all possible sequences of valid moves is exceedingly unlikely to lead anywhere useful. All this ain't to say that AI won't one day be able to do mathematics, but it's probably gonna be one of the harder things for it to master.
Plus, what can you really do anyways with a pure math degree? :feelswhere:
With the actual knowledge accrued? Not much. But with the aptitude for numbers and analytical thinking skills required to get such a degree? Most quantitative jobs should be within such a one's purview.

If it ever gets to that in my lifetime, I will. That said, most mathematicians are soys in my experience.
We can only hope so. It's better to be grounded in reality but a little wishful thinking wouldn't hurt.
:yes:

Last edited:
we need to use our mathematical powers to build a space ship and head to alpha centauri and live on a habitable planet away from cucks and raise our own community with based beliefs

we need to use our mathematical powers to build a space ship and head to alpha centauri and live on a habitable planet away from cucks and raise our own community with based beliefs
Download 28

Based and high IQ but why not build our community here on Earth instead of venturing out into the unknown?

View attachment 717754

Based and high IQ but why not build our community here on Earth.
because this garbage planet is filled with cucks and normfaggots and chadtards I want to be millions or even billions of miles away from them fuck I hate sharing the same planet with cucks. I can't believe they all bleed the same as me and have the same organs as mine.

because this garbage planet is filled with cucks and normfaggots and chadtards I want to be millions or even billions of miles away from them fuck I hate sharing the same planet with cucks. I can't believe they all bleed the same as me and have the same organs as mine.
There is another CHOice to deal with these normscum and chadfaggots. You know what I mean. :shhh::feelsEhh:

There is another CHOice to deal with these normscum and chadfaggots. You know what I mean. :shhh::feelsEhh:
wallahi I think it's our only way to deal with these retards, moving on to another planet sounds like a burden.

There are already apps that can do maths like Matlab, Maple, Mathematica

So far, AI has been the least successful in the domain of Mathematics. This means that Mathematicians will be the last to be replaced if the day does come. :feelsautistic:

@Ahnfeltia @trying to ascend @Grim_Reaper
AI ain't actually very good at doing logic per se. What it is good at is pattern recognition and extrapolation of recognized patterns. Hence why AI can mimic art styles. It's able to extract the commonalities between artworks in the same style. On the other hand, advanced mathematics is an interesting mix of creativity and playing a game. Just like in, say, chess, there are legal and illegal manipulations one in allowed to perform. Yet, proving new theorems requires one to navigate thru the maze in a way no one was able to do theretofore. Language models such as the famed ChatGPT are barely able to play a dozen legal chess moves in a row, let alone come up with coherent mathematical proofs. You might reasonably argue that specialized AI such as Stockfish are better at chess than any human, so what's to stop AI from conquering mathematics? Well, a chess game seldomly lasts more than a gross moves, but a mathematical proof, if you break it all the way down, easily consists of an unfathomable number of legal moves. Having an AI explore the vast space of all possible sequences of valid moves is exceedingly unlikely to lead anywhere useful. All this ain't to say that AI won't one day be able to do mathematics, but it's probably gonna be one of the harder things for it to master.

With the actual knowledge accrued? Not much. But with the aptitude for numbers and analytical thinking skills required to get such a degree? Most quantitative jobs should be within such a one's purview.

If it ever gets to that in my lifetime, I will. That said, most mathematicians are soys in my experience.

:yes:
Hi mathematicians :feelsaww:
Can you recommend to me best two books for:
1. Statistics (be comprehensive and conceptual)
2. Complex analysis (for first time and self study)

No problem if I have to buy the book from amazon for example :feelsbadman:.

Also, I have another question, do you know what is "Combinatorics"? And what are its uses? I want to know the answer out of curiosity because it is the only branch of math that I couldn't understand as much as I searched about :fuk:.

Also, I have another question, do you know what is "Combinatorics"? And what are its uses? I want to know the answer out of curiosity because it is the only branch of math that I couldn't understand as much as I searched about :fuk:.
Have you learned real analysis and number theory yet? If you haven't, I recommend learning that first before doing complex and combinatorics.

1. Mathematical Statistics and Data Analysis by John Rice might be nice. Basic understanding of calculus (and linear algebra for some of the later and advanced chapters) are presumed. Prior exposure to basic probability theory would be a boon as well.
  2. Maybe try the tried-and-true Complex Analysis by Serge Lang. Familiarity with real analysis is a must, however.
I can PM you a link where you can download many math books for free as a pdf or djvu file if you'd like.
Combinatorics essentially concerns itself with counting in clever ways. A classic example would be "If Alice has 3 red lego bricks, 2 yellow bricks, and 5 blue ones, how many different towers can she build by stacking them atop each other?" Typically, however, combinatorial thinking is applied to a problem in a different mathematical subfield, so to fully appreciate much of combinatorics so-called "mathematical maturity" would go a long way. Unlike @Grim_Reaper I don't think number theory is necessarily required to get into combinators.

1. Mathematical Statistics and Data Analysis by John Rice might be nice. Basic understanding of calculus (and linear algebra for some of the later and advanced chapters) are presumed. Prior exposure to basic probability theory would be a boon as well.
  2. Maybe try the tried-and-true Complex Analysis by Serge Lang. Familiarity with real analysis is a must, however.

I can PM you a link where you can download many math books for free as a pdf or djvu file if you'd like.

Combinatorics essentially concerns itself with counting in clever ways. A classic example would be "If Alice has 3 red lego bricks, 2 yellow bricks, and 5 blue ones, how many different towers can she build by stacking them atop each other?" Typically, however, combinatorial thinking is applied to a problem in a different mathematical subfield, so to fully appreciate much of combinatorics so-called "mathematical maturity" would go a long way. Unlike @Grim_Reaper I don't think number theory is necessarily required to get into combinators.
My bad. Number theory is useful for cryptography, not combinatorics.

Have you learned real analysis and number theory yet? If you haven't, I recommend learning that first before doing complex and combinatorics.
Thank you so much, I will take your advice into account. Sometimes, I don't remember if I learned something before in high school or college. Especially since I was in engineering, but the teaching of mathematics was fragmented, shallow, and messy there. Also, I have a personal problem that I do not like to re-learn the same thing.

btw, Are you recommending something to learn those topics? :feelswhere:
Thank you, brocel. I am grateful for your help :feelsautistic:

Yes, I want :feelshehe:
I will send PM to you.
Combinatorics essentially concerns itself with counting in clever ways. A classic example would be "If Alice has 3 red lego bricks, 2 yellow bricks, and 5 blue ones, how many different towers can she build by stacking them atop each other?"
This looks like the Probability theory!
Typically, however, combinatorial thinking is applied to a problem in a different mathematical subfield, so to fully appreciate much of combinatorics so-called "mathematical maturity" would go a long way.
This mathematical maturity is impressive to me. One of the main reasons why I want to study mathematics is the acquisition of that faculty, although I didn't know it has its own term.
Unlike @Grim_Reaper I don't think number theory is necessarily required to get into combinators.
My bad. Number theory is useful for cryptography, not combinatorics.
:feelsokman:

This looks like the Probability theory!
Indeed, many discrete probability problems (such as those involving dice or cards) are really combinatorial problems.

Indeed, many discrete probability problems (such as those involving dice or cards) are really combinatorial problems.

Last question, what is the relation between Graph theory and Combinatorics? And what one learn first? I saw them together in an illustrative scheme and didn't get it, though I searched on google.

Last question, what is the relation between Graph theory and Combinatorics? And what one learn first? I saw them together in an illustrative scheme and didn't get it, though I searched on google.
Many combinatorial problems involve graphs and conversely there are plenty of problems in graph theory of a combinatorial nature. For example, graph coloring problems and Ramsey theory. If you want to get into such problems, a modicum of knowledge pertaining to graph theory will be necessary, but a detailed understanding should often not be required.

I guess I recommend you watch an introductory youtube video on graph theory and afterwards just try to grapple with a problem. There will likely be some terminology you'll have to look up, but a basic understanding of graph theory should make the definitions you encounter more intelligible.

As a mathscel, I can tell you that AI won't be proving new theorems the way ChatGPT spits out essays on command anytime in your lifetime.

Indeed we're the irreplaceables.

Many combinatorial problems involve graphs and conversely there are plenty of problems in graph theory of a combinatorial nature. For example, graph coloring problems and Ramsey theory. If you want to get into such problems, a modicum of knowledge pertaining to graph theory will be necessary, but a detailed understanding should often not be required.

I guess I recommend you watch an introductory youtube video on graph theory and afterwards just try to grapple with a problem. There will likely be some terminology you'll have to look up, but a basic understanding of graph theory should make the definitions you encounter more intelligible.
Your answers to me were enlightening and straightforward. Thank you, I have a better understanding of the big picture now. :feelsYall:

Your answers to me were enlightening and straightforward. Thank you, I have a better understanding of the big picture now. :feelsYall:
Glad to have been of service :feelsYall:

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back