Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Unpopular opinion: Sonic 3 and Knuckles>Sonic Mania

TheHaircutBrother

TheHaircutBrother

Banned
-
Sonic Mania is a good games. Nice framerate, smooth animation, good level design. It overdoes it a bit with the references and easter eggs but that's ok.

But tbh, S3K is so much more fun to play. Mania is mostly redesigns of old levels and some of them are not good or just feel out of place. I find Mania's Hydrocty to be extremely boring and slow compared to the original (too much water), and Lave Reef is too slow as well. Also, Mania overdone it with the Industrial/Urban level themes and the overall pacing feels so awkward.

S3K had better pacing, more interesting level designs, better combination of speed and platforming. Mania is either too slow or too fast. It lacks balance. It's definately not easy to create something that could be Sonic 4 22 years ago.

It's a tryhard classic Sonic game and kinda hipster in my opinion. All the animations or the 90s style informacials are so cringeworthy. It's not like they are doing something that has not already be done.

All the Sonic games past the original are shit.

of course sonic the hedgehog 2 is my favourite

S3&K had the best level design and music