Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Unicels did you get pranked or "hazed" when you were freshmen?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Had to google the English translation because in Spanish it's called "novatada". It's basically a tradition where older uni students pull out excessive, degrading, cruel and sometimes dangerous pranks on freshmen as an initiation ritual for uni. This happens on their first semester. Like forcing them to drink tons of alcohol or getting them undressed and wearing just underwear in uni hallways. You cannot reject to participate, the older guys will simple drag you out of your bed and will be forced to do it because you're a freshman.

Very controversial practice and probably illegal if police gets involved but uni staff simply doesn't give a shit because "it's just a tradition" or "it's just student life" excuses very similar to when you got bullied in school and teachers shrug it off. However in Spain this shit is practically gone from all universities (for example mine) but it's still common in some Madrid student dorms from what I've read. Like 20 years ago it was more widespread in other parts of the country but not anymore. The only similar thing I've heard in my uni is about med school freshmen getting egged on their first day but that seems pretty harmless compared to other "novatadas".

Does this happen in other countries too?

yes it does happen in country which is Portugal

Personally no

But I know this happens in several universities, like medicine schools or private schools

Nah, my uni has no dorm and there's just a few parties (that I obviously don't even bother going to)