Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Unbelievable that people read self-improvement books

L

Lebensmüder

Soon to be deleted account
★★★
Self-improvement books are the biggest scam. "Change your mentality" is utopian bullshit that won't do jackshit to improve someone's life quality. Least of all when these "philosophies" were written by a New age faggot. Philosophy itself is of course not something inherently condemnable and can be a way to increase your mental welfare and it can help you to come to new perspectives about the workings of the world (this art once had its justification), but modern books are complete bullshit that tell you nothing that you didn't think on your own. "Have a positive outlook on life" - this shit won't help anyone. Empty premises that belong in the trash can and nowhere else.

The entire premise is ridiculous - as if any men that accumulated vast amounts of wealth read such a book beforehand, these cases of extreme fame/wealth/etc. always occured due to a combination of many factors: Intelligence and hard work to keep someone going, neurotypicality/at least mediocre looks to be socially accepted which helps with social networking, a pre-existent wealth in the family that could be expanded and last but not least: Even more luck. These success stories are for average or even below average people not reproducible in the slightest - how can somebody not see that?

And people still buy these shitty books instead of giving people practical/direct advice. The only books that will help to improve your life quality directly are books you need for educationmaxxing/wealthmaxxing - these have a direct practical usage, you can use them to increase your understanding of a given subject matter and thereby play the system in your favour by a) getting a higher grade (which means more job prospects) or b) allowing you to start your own shit online/offline (by trading/selling items/etc.) - these books have for most people far more value because it can help with moneymaxxing. In rare cases people are just uncontent or downtrodden because it is in their nature - most of the time it has an external source that must be fixed, an internal solution is only required for those who shouldn't have (objectively speaking) something to complain about - e.g. those who already have money/love/sex/compansionship/friends/etc. in their life. All others need a practical guide how to fix the external issue that causes these feelings. And this is easier said than done. But you will find everywhere better advice than in the fucking self-improvement books written by a New age hipster faggot and still you see them everywhere in the bookshelves of normalfags/most libraries.

Last edited:
Lebensmuder your crown is falling. Anime avi is cringe.

The reason why people are so depressed isn't because its their faults its the fault of this modern society. Society tends to destroy your individuality, as to squeeze out the most profit out of people. Depression, and anxiety is the symptoms of an unhealthy society.
And something for normalfags to think about: If toxic masculinity was to blame why do we now (in an age where masculinity as the theoretical concept is as vaguely defined as possible and feminism as strong as never before) more suicides? Why do we see now in the less restrictive society more suicides than in the restrictive society where humans were allegedly under the heel of a social order?

Indeed I used to cope with those self help books. In the end all my money maxxing ideas have failed, I have tried a dozen plus, spent tens of thousands. Only to fail and fail. Only basic wageslavery for white collar job and dump money in VTI index funds is working and sadly will take me 10-20 years to retire. no easy escape

Lebensmuder your crown is falling. Anime avi is cringe.
>GrAYcel
>sucking ccpcels cock since day one on this forum
>had a noodlewhore as his pfp in the past

Opinion discarded

"Change your mentality" is utopian bullshit that won't do jackshit to improve someone's life quality.
I disagree, I think that just changing your outlook and having aless miserable existence thanks to it can be done, but it sure as shit isn't gonna come from some book you buy in amazon.

At the end of the day it's just coping, and pathetic coping at that.

It's indulgence designed to target your average secular bugman, and spirituality is a codeword for religion without crackpots.

Here is good podcast with good ideas for general lifestyle improvement...

"If times get tough, or even if they don't"

It's not a book...

It's indulgence designed to target your average secular bugman, and spirituality is a codeword for religion without crackpots.
Based. We live in a fucking bugman society.

Normies are stupid

Self-improvement books are the biggest scam. "Change your mentality" is utopian bullshit that won't do jackshit to improve someone's life quality. Least of all when these "philosophies" were written by a New age faggot. Philosophy itself is of course not something inherently condemnable and can be a way to increase your mental welfare and it can help you to come to new perspectives about the workings of the world (this art once had its justification), but modern books are complete bullshit that tell you nothing that you didn't think on your own. "Have a positive outlook on life" - this shit won't help anyone. Empty premises that belong in the trash can and nowhere else.

The entire premise is ridiculous - as if any men that accumulated vast amounts of wealth read such a book beforehand, these cases of extreme fame/wealth/etc. always occured due to a combination of many factors: Intelligence and hard work to keep someone going, neurotypicality/at least mediocre looks to be socially accepted which helps with social networking, a pre-existent wealth in the family that could be expanded and last but not least: Even more luck. These success stories are for average or even below average people not reproducible in the slightest - how can somebody not see that?

And people still buy these shitty books instead of giving people practical/direct advice. The only books that will help to improve your life quality directly are books you need for educationmaxxing/wealthmaxxing - these have a direct practical usage, you can use them to increase your understanding of a given subject matter and thereby play the system in your favour by a) getting a higher grade (which means more job prospects) or b) allowing you to start your own shit online/offline (by trading/selling items/etc.) - these books have for most people far more value because it can help with moneymaxxing. In rare cases people are just uncontent or downtrodden because it is in their nature - most of the time it has an external source that must be fixed, an internal solution is only required for those who shouldn't have (objectively speaking) something to complain about - e.g. those who already have money/love/sex/compansionship/friends/etc. in their life. All others need a practical guide how to fix the external issue that causes these feelings. And this is easier said than done. But you will find everywhere better advice than in the fucking self-improvement books written by a New age hipster faggot and still you see them everywhere in the bookshelves of normalfags/most libraries.
it's retarded to self-improve. You know who doesn't need to self-improve?? Chad.

Chad can be as self-destructive as he wants and still get conjugal pussy after murdering women, while awaiting death row.

I read so many self help, pickup and body language books when I was 17. I thought it was my way out.

I read so many self help, pickup and body language books when I was 17. I thought it was my way out.
Did it atleast give you the self-delusional confidence to approach and try with foids?

Did it atleast give you the self-delusional confidence to approach and try with foids?
I "cold" approached one foid and asked her for the time xD

I learned more about body language tbh. And the idea of negging and push/pull sort of helped me to get the idea of flirting. Although pua's use it very autistically. But my advice is to create your own "system" or style that fits you. Doesn't mean you will get laid but atleast you can enjoy doing your own thing. I practiced a lot of flirting on classmates.

But stay away from that kind of stuff when you are in highschool because it will ruin the way you see social interactions. PUA's act like life is one big club environment. I regret reading that stuff at that age.

I "cold" approached one foid and asked her for the time xD

I learned more about body language tbh. And the idea of negging and push/pull sort of helped me to get the idea of flirting. Although pua's use it very autistically. But my advice is to create your own "system" or style that fits you. Doesn't mean you will get laid but atleast you can enjoy doing your own thing. I practiced a lot of flirting on classmates.

But stay away from that kind of stuff when you are in highschool because it will ruin the way you see social interactions. PUA's act like life is one big club environment. I regret reading that stuff at that age.
I'm 21 lmao

The reason why people are so depressed isn't because its their faults its the fault of this modern society. Society tends to destroy your individuality, as to squeeze out the most profit out of people. Depression, and anxiety is the symptoms of an unhealthy society. If people truly wanted to help then they'd adress the core issues, but nobody wants to do that.
This.

And something for normalfags to think about: If toxic masculinity was to blame why do we now (in an age where masculinity as the theoretical concept is as vaguely defined as possible and feminism as strong as never before) more suicides? Why do we see now in the less restrictive society more suicides than in the restrictive society where humans were allegedly under the heel of a social order?
Awesome points, but they’ll never acknowledge the truth (unless they were made to perhaps, but while they have power and control, no way). Fucking hypocrites the lot of em

Never read any

Self-improovement :)soy:) is an illusion.

Yep those kind of things are scams.

Its a very profitable business, unfortunately