Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Unbearably sad moment in the Ryan Gosling Neil Armstrong movie

• Thread starter Defetivecuckachu
  • Start date
Defetivecuckachu

Defetivecuckachu

His name's Air Bud, and he's shredding our defense
★★★★★
I'm 40yo and this is where I've got to with my inceldom.

I honestly find this sadder and harder to watch than any film or tv involving couples or sex now.

View: https://youtu.be/g9gDpSajPl4

Neil Armstrong is on the moon, there are a few minutes empty in his schedule, so he walks to the edge of a crater and drops in his little dead 3yo daughter's charm bracelet, so that something of her will be up there forever, every time he looks at the moon.

Obviously I don't know what losing a child is like but I have nephews and nieces so I can imagine that it would beyond fuck you up, having that kind of ultimate love and happiness in your life and then watching her get sick and die. (And obviously I have some idea of what it's like being surrounded by people but dealing with inner sadness alone.) Neil Armstrong was always a total fucking hero and legend to me, even before I knew he went thru all of that at the same time as achieving what he did.

The movie bombed, but it is based on a biography that he authorized so I presume it is reasonably true to life. It's established that he did walk off by himself to the crater, nobody knows for certain that he left a keepsake of his baby there, so that part is speculation on the author's part, but really, what else would he have done?

Fuck's sake, I've got something in my eye now...

Last edited:
Reproduction is the end goal in life, losing your offspring is losing the purpose of your life so it's probably one of the most brutal experiences.
I still don't think Neil armstrong's a hero for going to the moon, going to the moon is stupid and pointless.

Hope I don't turn like you when I'm 40 :feelswhat:

You say it like every person turns into a sack of emotions by 40 :feelswhat:
Not everyone, but it happens to a lot, especially as T levels and libido drop

Edge only stays sharp for so long before it dulls out
It's Saturday afternoon here. I'm sitting out on the balcony of my house that I own, enjoying some autumn sunshine and a bottle of Hawkes Bay Syrah.

That is to say, maybe you loose a bit of teen edge as you age, but you'll replace it with other things. I don't miss being an edgy teenager :feelsEhh: