Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Unable to communicate with most people in my country sucks.

S

Sean

Diagnosed ADHD
★★★
I'm a French-Canadian. English is my second language. The reason growing up in English-speaking environments only knowing how to speak French is bad is because unless you have decent communication skills you're going to find most social interactions with the rest of the country is hell.

I've seen how the average person outside of Québec treats us. They claim our accent is irritating, our language is fake, we're French wannabes, arrogant people with awful behavior. I can't speak for everyone but is definitely my case.

How is this inceldom related? It's pretty important to be able to communicate with the native people of your country. Even a high tier male would feel out of place in case no one would know how to speak his language. I just feel out of place inside and outside of Québec. It's hell.

Is it true that if you speak English in Quebec they give you bad looks and that if you don't speak French your chances of having a good social life are basically zero?

Is it true that if you speak English in Quebec they give you bad looks and that if you don't speak French your chances of having a good social life are basically zero?
People are expected to conform to social norms and since French is the main language of our communities, outsiders either respect it or don't talk at all. We appreciate efforts from strangers who want to fit in, though. Unless they see themselves as superior just for having English as their main language.

Are you latino then? Since you were born in an american place that speaks a romance language

Are you latino then? Since you were born in an american place that speaks a romance language
French-Canadian. Straight brown hair, blue eyes, fair skin, and overall Central European look. 'Latino' in North America is someone who comes from south of the US border and usually speaks Spanish (i.e. Hispanics).

French-Canadian. Straight brown hair, blue eyes, fair skin, and overall Central European look. 'Latino' in North America is someone who comes from south of the US border and usually speaks Spanish (i.e. Hispanics).
I mean, this doesn't mean much, there are plenty of white latinos, both aren't mutually exclusive (Since latino is not even a race, but an ethnicity, in the sense that is culturally related).

But leftists said to me that everyone who is born in a country that speaks romance language and is in America, is Latino, regardless of how you look like

I mean, this doesn't mean much, there are plenty of white latinos, both aren't mutually exclusive (Since latino is not even a race, but an ethnicity, in the sense that is culturally related).

But leftists said to me that everyone who is born in a country that speaks romance language and is in America, is Latino, regardless of how you look like
Yeah. It's a confusing definition. Someone is either White or not to me. Doesn't matter where they come from or what language they speak.

Based Anglo Canadians. Fuck french. I tried learning that shit language for 3 years long ago. Hated it

People are expected to conform to social norms and since French is the main language of our communities, outsiders either respect it or don't talk at all. We appreciate efforts from strangers who want to fit in, though. Unless they see themselves as superior just for having English as their main language.
Interesting doesn't sound very different than Catalonia in Spain, where if you don't speak Catalan making Catalan friends will be almost impossible, also because Catalan people are very close minded and after they make their small group of friends in childhood they rarely accept new people kek. So if you're a foreigner or you don't speak Catalan (because you don't know or just because you don't like it) your social circle will be of only Spanish speakers.

Excuse moi, mais les filles fraincaise sont tres belles.

If i was your government I would've gotten rid of french a long time ago. Why keep it. Useless.

Interesting doesn't sound very different than Catalonia in Spain, where if you don't speak Catalan making Catalan friends will be almost impossible, also because Catalan people are very close minded and after they make their small group of friends in childhood they rarely accept new people kek. So if you're a foreigner or you don't speak Catalan (because you don't know or just because you don't like it) your social circle will be of only Spanish speakers.
It's human nature, really. Once people find their own communities and stick together, they will reject nearly every stranger, unless this stranger fits in the community pretty well which most of them usually don't.

Excuse moi, mais les filles fraincaise sont tres belles.

If i was your government I would've gotten rid of french a long time ago. Why keep it. Useless.
Ferme-la. Tête carré.