Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Ugliness turns people nasty, rather than the reverse.

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
Nasty, bitter people are often ugly. That much is undeniable.

Some time ago, CuckIt was pushing the meme (inspired by Roald Dahl) that if you smile and are nice, your physical appearance and mood will improve over time, but if you are evil, your physical appearance and mood will worsen over time.

This meme has roots in old wives tales and European folk culture, for instance the tales gathered by the Grimm brothers. It is not uncommon to stumble upon an old germanic tale that explains physical ugliness as a punishment for bad behavior; in its most recurrent form, wicked little girls punished by a wood fairy. Due to Catholic influence, this "just-world hypothesis" was soon linked to the concepts of ancestral sin and original sin. There was a strong need at the time to justify the fairness of the world God had created (notably against heretics, like the Cathars, who asserted that this world was fundamentally evil). If you are ugly, you must have deserved it somewhat, and if you haven't, then you must surely pay for your ancestors' crimes.

But the scientific evidence is that no ugly man is responsible for his ugliness, not even his parents or grandparents. Ugliness is caused by an unfortunate genetic recombination that can happen to anybody (even in good-looking families) and is, morally speaking, blind (unless God does directly intervene in the process of meiosis and crossing-over; if He does, He's probably evil, given the yearly number of children born with horrible afflictions.)

The truth is also that constant negative reinforcement since childhood leads almost mechanically to envy, and then resentment and bitterness. It's a lot of little things, accumulated over time. Seeing how better-looking children get slightly more attention, more praise, for the same things that you did. Seeing how girls completely ignore you, but laugh heartily when a better-looking friend of yours repeats your own joke. Et caetera. This seems petty, but hundreds of these occurences over dozens of years will lead to resentment, antisocial behavior and social withdrawal --- unless the ugly person makes a conscious effort to fight these (very natural) negative feelings. In short, unless the ugly person develops Stockholm Syndrome and starts to believe, too, that it is fair that he has to make ten times the amount of effort Chads have to make to achieve the same social result.

well written & insightful post. your personality is a function of how others treat you.

This is ultimately because people want to feel they have agency / free will. It's not enough to enjoy high status, they also want to feel as if they somehow deserve it.
But the truth is that you do have free will.

Grotesquely deformed men like Peter Dinklage or Michel Petrucciani, while receiving few actual support (just read their bio), have chosen to develop their talents and try to succeed in the Arts instead of becoming angry depressed men living on disability. There are many other similar examples of ugly/deformed men who, while not achieving fame, have managed to live relatively OK lives.

What the layman doesn't understand, though, is that these examples of success against all odds are more depressing than inspiring for those who actually suffer from these conditions.

Nasty, bitter people are often ugly. That much is undeniable.

Some time ago, CuckIt was pushing the meme (inspired by Roald Dahl) that if you smile and are nice, your physical appearance and mood will improve over time, but if you are evil, your physical appearance and mood will worsen over time.

This meme has roots in old wives tales and European folk culture, for instance the tales gathered by the Grimm brothers. It is not uncommon to stumble upon an old germanic tale that explains physical ugliness as a punishment for bad behavior; in its most recurrent form, wicked little girls punished by a wood fairy. Due to Catholic influence, this "just-world hypothesis" was soon linked to the concepts of ancestral sin and original sin. There was a strong need at the time to justify the fairness of the world God had created (notably against heretics, like the Cathars, who asserted that this world was fundamentally evil). If you are ugly, you must have deserved it somewhat, and if you haven't, then you must surely pay for your ancestors' crimes.

But the scientific evidence is that no ugly man is responsible for his ugliness, not even his parents or grandparents. Ugliness is caused by an unfortunate genetic recombination that can happen to anybody (even in good-looking families) and is, morally speaking, blind (unless God does directly intervene in the process of meiosis and crossing-over; if He does, He's probably evil, given the yearly number of children born with horrible afflictions.)

The truth is also that constant negative reinforcement since childhood leads almost mechanically to envy, and then resentment and bitterness. It's a lot of little things, accumulated over time. Seeing how better-looking children get slightly more attention, more praise, for the same things that you did. Seeing how girls completely ignore you, but laugh heartily when a better-looking friend of yours repeats your own joke. Et caetera. This seems petty, but hundreds of these occurences over dozens of years will lead to resentment, antisocial behavior and social withdrawal --- unless the ugly person makes a conscious effort to fight these (very natural) negative feelings. In short, unless the ugly person develops Stockholm Syndrome and starts to believe, too, that it is fair that he has to make ten times the amount of effort Chads have to make to achieve the same social result.
Let me suck your cock. So beautifully put. But, because of the failo effect, this is just the creepy ramblings of a madman to normies. Fuck it all man, the difference between life and death is a dice roll.

For every Peter Dinklage there are a thousand rotten dwarves
:feelsgah: I have no idea why you chose to use this image, but it made me laugh. I guess gallows humor is one of the few things we have left.

Let me suck your cock. So beautifully put. But, because of the failo effect, this is just the creepy ramblings of a madman to normies. Fuck it all man, the difference between life and death is a dice roll.
I'm glad to please. Though I admit I mostly write for myself, it's very agreeable once in a while to be remembered you're not crazy.

I don't agree with you that the "failo effect" (though real) would be responsible for normies not understanding what I write. I think it truly comes down to a lack of shared experience. When you haven't experienced yourself what ugly people have, it is very hard to put yourself in their shoes, especially when putting yourself in their shoes would lead you to very unpleasant conclusions about human nature and justice in the universe. It is more reassuring and pleasing to think that society is not superficial.

:feelsgah: I have no idea why you chose to use this image, but it made me laugh. I guess gallows humor is one of the few things we have left.

I'm glad to please. Though I admit I mostly write for myself, it's very agreeable once in a while to be remembered you're not crazy.

I don't agree with you that the "failo effect" (though real) would be responsible for normies not understanding what I write. I think it truly comes down to a lack of shared experience. When you haven't experienced yourself what ugly people have, it is very hard to put yourself in their shoes, especially when putting yourself in their shoes would lead you to very unpleasant conclusions about human nature and justice in the universe. It is more reassuring and pleasing to think that society is not superficial.
Rockclapping.gif

Agreed. I look better than I did in the past(still incel) and my attitude has improved significantly.

Ugly people aren't particularly rude or annoying in my experience. Most were friendly.

People who have been most nasty/disrespectful to me all had gfs/fwbs. Attractive enough men.

Last edited:
Bump. I was thinking about my life today and the possibility that God made me ugly to punish my nastiness, but that doesn't hold up. I became nasty as a teen in reaction to being treated like shit and not the reverse. This is not self-justification... It is the absolute truth from a chronological pov.

Bump. I was thinking about my life today and the possibility that God made me ugly to punish my nastiness, but that doesn't hold up. I became nasty as a teen in reaction to being treated like shit and not the reverse. This is not self-justification... It is the absolute truth from a chronological pov.

Same here. it is hard to remember that as a kid I was such a soft hearted and kind faggot. Now I'm just a jaded, disinterested and cynical faggot who turns mean as snakes if disturbed from my burrow.

I like your writing because it has so much overlap with the sort of things I think about and the subjects I keep meaning to write up more in depth. This thread is an example of what I see as "Aesthetics as Magic", or how "The Seen" (appearance/beauty) has powerful effects on "The Unseen" (uncouscious/subconscious mind, group think, perception of reality, modification of behavior and the personality).

Grass is green, water is wet and I am an ugly retard with no future.

unless the ugly person develops Stockholm Syndrome and starts to believe, too, that it is fair that he has to make ten times the amount of effort Chads have to make to achieve the same social result.

this is what IT users want us to do.
when they say "you are not entitled to sex/validation/relationship/girlfriend" this is what it boils down to.

ironically by doing this they pretty much confirm that the blackpill is true, they just use different words to make it sound more appealing: where we say "you are an ugly subhuman, thats why everything is shit" they say "nobody is entitled to anything, maybe if you just work harder you will be happy!" which sounds very different at first, but at its core is the exact same truth: that society treats uglies like fucking dogshit compared to attractive people.

I like your writing because it has so much overlap with the sort of things I think about and the subjects I keep meaning to write up more in depth. This thread is an example of what I see as "Aesthetics as Magic", or how "The Seen" (appearance/beauty) has powerful effects on "The Unseen" (uncouscious/subconscious mind, group think, perception of reality, modification of behavior and the personality).
Definitely. I'll publish at least one book about this in my life. A blackpill novel. I feel like I have a duty to do it. The blackpill in literature is too rare (there's Houellebecq, but beyond this... Only very old authors). You should try too.
What fucking rubbish. the most vicious people I've ever met were all attractive. People who have it all have no reason to empathise with the little people and find it much more beneficial to step on them.
You are confusing "vicious" and "bitter". Some people are vicious because bullying is fun. I'm talking about the "bitterness and resentment" kind of hatred. This kind is purely caused by ugliness or other major tragedies.

well written & insightful post. your personality is a function of how others treat you.
Exactly how can they expect us to not view the world bitterly when they have showed us nothing but resentment

It amazes me you are still faithful, while understanding things like this, Fontaine. I don't think I could stay sane, if I truly believed God was real, and tormenting me and the rest of humanity for no observable reason, after which I would probably be sent to Hell for eternal suffering. I really don't think I could hold it together. :feelstrash:

Excellent post. :feelscry:

It amazes me you are still faithful, while understanding things like this, Fontaine. I don't think I could stay sane, if I truly believed God was real, and tormenting me and the rest of humanity for no observable reason, after which I would probably be sent to Hell for eternal suffering. I really don't think I could hold it together. :feelstrash:
I am not 100% faithful.

There are only two arguments that can justify terrible natural inequalities like ugliness in a Christian perspective: (1) the greater your suffering on Earth, the greater your reward in Heaven because the greater your merit (2) being ugly helps you see that the world is extremely corrupted by the Fall and only Heaven matters. But it asks of you absolute faith, complete faith: faith that is impossible to have in the modern world. You can't forego the earthly world when it may be the only there is. So the situation of ugly men nowadays is pretty much intractable from a religious viewpoint...

Honestly, my beliefs oscillate daily between Christianity and atheism / transhumanism, with the latter being the strongest.

I'd rather make the acquaintance of an ugly person than a room full of plastic people.

I am not 100% faithful.

There are only two arguments that can justify terrible natural inequalities like ugliness in a Christian perspective: (1) the greater your suffering on Earth, the greater your reward in Heaven because the greater your merit (2) being ugly helps you see that the world is extremely corrupted by the Fall and only Heaven matters. But it asks of you absolute faith, complete faith: faith that is impossible to have in the modern world. You can't forego the earthly world when it may be the only there is. So the situation of ugly men nowadays is pretty much intractable from a religious viewpoint...

Honestly, my beliefs oscillate daily between Christianity and atheism / transhumanism, with the latter being the strongest.
Well, whatever the truth is, I think, for both our sake's, we best pray hell isn't actually below our feet..

Well, whatever the truth is, I think, for both our sake's, we best pray hell isn't actually below our feet..
Hell is very unlikely, however, mostly out of personal mental and moral hygiene, it's better to retain Pascal's Wager in mind. The threat of Hell makes me less likely to indulge in objectively bad behavior (like fapping), so it can be adaptive and productive if you don't let it overcome you.

The status quo tells us that bad and unfortunate experiences make us stronger, but it's the opposite. The people who grew up under a veil of positive reinforcements and protected from bullying and difficult situations in general are usually the nicer and healthier (mentally speaking) ones.

The status quo tells us that bad and unfortunate experiences make us stronger, but it's the opposite. The people who grew up under a veil of positive reinforcements and protected from bullying and difficult situations in general are usually the nicer and healthier (mentally speaking) ones.
Completely. In my experience, pretty people are nearly always extremely nice and pleasant (except when they bully sub5s, but it's just a phase).

Completely. In my experience, pretty people are nearly always extremely nice and pleasant (except when they bully sub5s, but it's just a phase).
It sounds like a platitude but only people who feel like shit want to make other people feel like shit gratuitously, at least generally speaking (some can be just sadistic).

In my experience, bullying comes almost 100% from normies who are barely good enough not to be a powerless incel but are still insecure as fuck next to Chads and Chadlites.

All Chads I've met were cool, as well as most Chadlites.

Hell is very unlikely, however, mostly out of personal mental and moral hygiene, it's better to retain Pascal's Wager in mind. The threat of Hell makes me less likely to indulge in objectively bad behavior (like fapping), so it can be adaptive and productive if you don't let it overcome you.
Pascal's Wager is interesting. I've never once entertained the notion that God could be real in my entire life, but even still, I've had thoughts of giving everything up, and going to become some monk, or priest, dedicating it all to worship, just in case. Not like I am enjoying my faithless life anyway.

it's not. fuck
seeing cucks on r9k and shit saying how they're scared of going to hell gets me in the mood for a beheading

Yeah, most of the chads I’ve met were nice people. They don’t have to fight because they know they’ll be top dog based on their looks, so they can usually afford it.

By the way, you have a lot of quality blackpills/threads. We need it with all these maycels.

it's not. fuck
seeing cucks on r9k and shit saying how they're scared of going to hell gets me in the mood for a beheading
don't behead anyone you might go to hell nigga :feelsohh:

don't behead anyone you might go to hell nigga :feelsohh:
7nhd3Z5

I've had thoughts of giving everything up, and going to become some monk, or priest, dedicating it all to worship, just in case.
An agnostic can't last more than three months in a monastery or seminary. You need true faith. It's constant prayer, horrible timetables (waken up in middle of the night to pray), hard work, and basically giving up on life. Explored the option myself back in time, not realistic.

wait, never mind, hell is the default destination for Icarlycels :rage:
An agnostic can't last more than three months in a monastery or seminary. You need true faith. It's constant prayer, horrible timetables (waken up in middle of the night to pray), hard work, and basically giving up on life. Explored the option myself back in time, not realistic.
Who am I kidding, there is never an easy way out. :feelsbadman:

This is cope. Jeremy Meeks beat up a 16 year old and now lives in a mansion because looks. Donald Trump had everything in life handed to him because of rich parents, him being tall, and being attractive, yet is still not a good person. I think if someone is mean that is ugly it's more likely that they use to be attractive and then lost their looks. Kent got treated terribly for being short and ugly and he never did anything bad.

wait, never mind, hell is the default destination for Icarlycels :rage:

Who am I kidding, there is never an easy way out. :feelsbadman:
There are only two easy ways out for ugly men: welfare or wealth.