Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Trucel trait: you’d rather re-experience something you’re already familiar with than to try something new

Celasius

Celasius

★★★★
It is truly sad and tasteless of me how I’d rather rewatch the entirety of Game of Thrones for like the fourth time than to give the “here are shows that are similar to this one show you really liked” cookie-cut list my best shot cause what if that’s disappointing?

What if that turns out to be fucking bland and boring like the rest of what’s ahead of you? What if half-way in you realize that there’s nothing you see of yourself in it and it’s best to just put it down before you waste more hours of your limited time, that is if you haven’t already figured out that everything you’re doing is already a fucking waste.

Maybe the time and commitment you’d have to put into them for someone of your autistic caliber is rather demanding especially as you age, but just generally speaking, and although I am a pained complainer, this isn’t me being overly pessimistic, self-absorbed or trying to somehow intensely connect my pain to everything as an attempt to reinforce my worldview, I think having the mental capacity to try something new strengthens meaningfully only when you’re doing it with someone else.

When you’re on your own, you just can’t afford that sort of luxury. That’s scary. No, that’s just terrifying; it’s like going down on a waterslide all by yourself. You’re afraid to LET GO and do something that’s not safe and guaranteed to yield semi-predictable results, everything has to feel safe and sound, otherwise you’d feel like you’re not spending your time on anything “important” or that you’re missing out on life since again, you’re doing it alone.

Fucking brutal shit tbh ngl jfl.

The walking dead for me, i fantasize about a zombie apocalypse scenario happening

Honestly this is has very been true for all of my life. I think this is very common trait amongst aspies and those with OCD

"for like the fourth time"

that's cute
Is it too much or too little? Be honest. :feelsbadman:

what happend to your old account?
Went through another shitty bipolar “I’m gonna leave this community once and for all” phase and decided to deactivate, regretted it like an hour later, couldn’t recover it, here I am.

Honestly this is has very been true for all of my life. I think this is very common trait amongst aspies and those with OCD
It’s just being afraid of something new. It becomes alienating to you and you wait and wonder “what if I get disappointed again” so you end up not trying it at all.

for me, it has been closer to four hundred times
Ultrabased Westeros enjoyer. :feelsYall:

But don’t you sometimes feel that you should move on and watch other stuff? It’s the feeling I get with Skyrim after thousands of hours playing it. I’m like “what am I doing, playing the same fucking game over and over again where I can try something new.”

Most people are like that bro, even foids.

Most people are like that bro, even foids.
See, I feel like most normies don’t really bother getting emotionally invested in a lot of things, and they just jump spontaneously from one piece of media to another without questioning it or reflecting on it (and just consoooming it), so I had to put in the trucel for title but maybe you’re right.

Damn I still haven't seen GoT, neither breaking bad. Must watch?

There haven't been that many good tv shows and movies in the past 10 years. New tv shows are just total shit these days. The worst is the strange "Millenial talk" like that fast-paced dialog that never stops and witty sarcasm that's stuffed into every scene. Not one action scene goes by without the characters pausing awkwardly and saying some dumb joke. I can't handle comic book movies anymore. I made it like 10 minutes into The Flash movie before I had to turn it off.

Damn I still haven't seen GoT, neither breaking bad. Must watch?
Yeah, it’s really good. The final season drops in quality but the whole experience really is unique.

Same for me you don't wanna know how many times Ive replayed SM64.
Based. Speedrunmaxx it.

normies are not afraid to flock to the newest trend
It’s all they do jfl.

There haven't been that many good tv shows and movies in the past 10 years. New tv shows are just total shit these days. The worst is the strange "Millenial talk" like that fast-paced dialog that never stops and witty sarcasm that's stuffed into every scene. Not one action scene goes by without the characters pausing awkwardly and saying some dumb joke. I can't handle comic book movies anymore. I made it like 10 minutes into The Flash movie before I had to turn it off.
:yes:

That's an Si trait (introverted sensing)
Not really an incel trait, but Si is a very feminine function, its extraverted counterpart Se (extraverted sensing) is the most masculine cognitive function, always looking for confrontation, wanting to experience new things, caring about giving off a good experience to others as well.

I actually like to try new things in many regards. For example i like trying new recipes, making holidays in new places etc.

The walking dead for me
I tried to do a second rewatch of it, honestly on my second rewatch I found season 2 not as boring as it was the first time. The first time it felt like more of a drag to watch it and had alot of filler but on my second rewatch it did not feel that way I liked season 2, it is a shame it got a cut budget because it could have been even better. I made it to season 3 episode 2 and thats it. Idk why I just do not want to watch it anymore, I think because T-Dog dies in 2 episodes and I liked his character, they should have killed dumbass carol instead of T-Dog. Also probably because Shane died, his death and character and everything was right and well timed and all that but still, good as character.
LE HECKIN DEAF SURVIVORINOS
LOL Yeah season 10 and 11 felt so weird. That magna group was not needed at all for the story. Show felt so far from where it originally came by that point I was literally just watching it to complete it. It felt like they at least tried a little in season 11 to make it better and stuff but it was too far gone from what it originally was. TWD is a bit of an agepill to me in a sense. In the show you care more about the characters from the earlier seasons and reflect on them where as the magna group are a joke. And that is kind of like with human interactions, foids are alpha widowed by their first chad BF. But those friendships you make early on as a child are all the best ones. Making friends at 30? That person has already missed out on so many life events of yours and by that point they are just a season 10 character.
New tv shows are just total shit these days
Yeah, I tried to watch new game of thrones show house of dragon and it was not that good, it felt like the whole first season was one giant trailer for the second season.
Also the issue with watching a new show is that you have to wait ages for new seasons and episodes, I hate that I want to be able to watch it whenever I want. That is what is great about prison break like in my avi or game of thrones twd etc. All the episodes are all out. With a new show after waiting a year for a new season I have forgotten things at that point.

@Celasius great post though I feel the same way, I think 4 GOT rewatches is a bit much maybe idk if I could keep finding it engaging at that point but I am on my 2nd rewatch right now and am loving it and at this rate I think I will finish the entire thing, maybe season 8 will prove so shit that I will not finish it lol.
I hate choosing to watch something new and then it sucks and even though it feels like I waste my time every day it feels like I wasted my time lol. When I eat meals I have to watch something good and if I have a nice meal it feels like I could waste the nice meal on a bad TV show so the past 3 shows I have watched have all just been rewatches. It feels kind of depressing because I used to hope to do rewatches with a GF :feelsrope: but now it is like I am ruining that fantasy for myself similar to how foids are ruining themselves with high body count.
I also feel like I do not deserve to watch any new shows, I have been in a rut lately not progressing so I do not feel like I deserve anything new. Maybe I am just giga depressed and I do not realise it even though I function perfectly fine, well I suppose my productivity is so bad right now.

That's an Si trait (introverted sensing)
Not really an incel trait, but Si is a very feminine function, its extraverted counterpart Se (extraverted sensing) is the most masculine cognitive function, always looking for confrontation, wanting to experience new things, caring about giving off a good experience to others as well.
Great insight. Very brutal.

I actually like to try new things in many regards. For example i like trying new recipes, making holidays in new places etc.
Yeah, I mean I kinda really like playing new games too for example but maybe I just have commitment issues.

I think 4 GOT rewatches is a bit much maybe idk if I could keep finding it engaging at that point but I am on my 2nd rewatch right now and am loving it and at this rate I think I will finish the entire thing, maybe season 8 will prove so shit that I will not finish it lol.
Technically, I’ve only watched it 2 times and a half (didn’t bother after season 6 on my third rewatch) but yeah, maybe cause you know you had a really good time when you were watching it for the first time around and you sorta yearn for that feeling again, idek tbh.

I hate choosing to watch something new and then it sucks and even though it feels like I waste my time every day it feels like I wasted my time lol.
Yeah, I’m picky AS FUCK with my shows. I spend like half an hour browsing a catalogue and then end up just not watching anything jfl.

When I eat meals I have to watch something good and if I have a nice meal it feels like I could waste the nice meal on a bad TV show so the past 3 shows I have watched have all just been rewatches.
:feelscry:

It feels kind of depressing because I used to hope to do rewatches with a GF :feelsrope: but now it is like I am ruining that fantasy for myself similar to how foids are ruining themselves with high body count.
I don’t daydream like that. It’s a good thing that you’ve stopped doing it, it’s really not healthy.

I also feel like I do not deserve to watch any new shows, I have been in a rut lately not progressing so I do not feel like I deserve anything new. Maybe I am just giga depressed and I do not realise it even though I function perfectly fine, well I suppose my productivity is so bad right now.
Besides STEMcucking, I’m not really applying myself to anything else and even when I do, it feels empty and aimless.

Last edited:
Technically, I’ve only watched it 2 times and a half (didn’t bother after season 6 on my third rewatch)
Oh ok, does it get shit at season 6? I do not really remember if you want to explain you can keep it to light spoilers only since I plan on getting up to it.
I don’t daydream like that. It’s a good thing that you’ve stopped doing it, it’s really not healthy.
I think I used to more, I do not daydream about having a GF which is my ultimate dream goal much. It helps if I keep myself distracted. I have repressed my memories from the one time I hugged a girl and whenever I start thinking about it I feel like I could cry or I just feel like shit.
Besides STEMcucking, I’m not really applying myself to anything else and even when I do, it feels empty and aimless.
Yeah I am studymaxxing and I was gymcelling but ultimately gymmaxxing is pointless. No one even sees my physique anyway except me, also despite going to the gym for nearly a year I am still a fucking weakling. I think genetically I can just not move a lot of weight even if I progressive overload etc. I am a fucking wristcel weakling regardless.
Studymaxxing has me so depressed my course is so stupid and retarded I could rant about that :feelsree:
Feels like I need to finish it though I am closer to finishing it than from when I started, but it is so cucked sitting in here studying just for the privilege to apply to wage slave jobs meanwhile chad is out there living my dream.

Oh ok, does it get shit at season 6? I do not really remember if you want to explain you can keep it to light spoilers only since I plan on getting up to it.
No, season 6 finale was peak TV. I just kinda moved on at that point.

which is my ultimate dream goal much.
It shouldn’t be honestly. Showing a hyper-interest in relationships will only do more harm than good. I just sort of completely gave up and have been feeling a lot less confined and preoccupied since then.

It helps if I keep myself distracted. I have repressed my memories from the one time I hugged a girl and whenever I start thinking about it I feel like I could cry or I just feel like shit.
:chad::banhammer:

No one even sees my physique anyway except me, also despite going to the gym for nearly a year I am still a fucking weakling.
It’s good for your mental health. You should keep at it.

Studymaxxing has me so depressed my course is so stupid and retarded I could rant about that :feelsree:
Feels like I need to finish it though I am closer to finishing it than from when I started, but it is so cucked sitting in here studying just for the privilege to apply to wage slave jobs meanwhile chad is out there living my dream.

Over red rover

I might try it honestly since I already alot of the speedrun routes
It’s one of those things that’s really fun to speedrun I guess. I tried tackling with some Papers Please strats a few years ago and it was hell.

No, season 6 finale was peak TV. I just kinda moved on at that point.
Oh awesome I can not wait, literally the only thing I can look forward to right now JFL
It shouldn’t be honestly. Showing a hyper-interest in relationships will only do more harm than good. I just sort of completely gave up and have been feeling a lot less confined and preoccupied since then.
I do not have some hyper interest in it or daydream on it alot but it still is what I ultimately want out of life and will make me truly happy long term. Other material things would be a fleeting happiness. :cryfeels:
Lol it was literally the best day of my life and has mogged every other day of my life and is not even close.
It’s good for your mental health. You should keep at it.
Yeah it actually was I will agree, but it took away from my studymaxxing and I just want to get this shit over and done with and then head back into it, I could make a little more progress with my physique especially my core which is really shitty I do not have a 6 pack abs yet. Maybe it is because I have been giga depressed lately idfk.

--Went through another shitty bipolar “I’m gonna leave this community once and for all” phase and decided to deactivate, regretted it like an hour later, couldn’t recover it, here "I" am.
"for like the fourth time!!!

that's cute >_<
~This is the Real Tragedy.
All fields. Simple as.

It is truly sad and tasteless of me how I’d rather rewatch the entirety of Game of Thrones for like the fourth time than to give the “here are shows that are similar to this one show you really liked” cookie-cut list my best shot cause what if that’s disappointing?

What if that turns out to be fucking bland and boring like the rest of what’s ahead of you? What if half-way in you realize that there’s nothing you see of yourself in it and it’s best to just put it down before you waste more hours of your limited time, that is if you haven’t already figured out that everything you’re doing is already a fucking waste.

Maybe the time and commitment you’d have to put into them for someone of your autistic caliber is rather demanding especially as you age, but just generally speaking, and although I am a pained complainer, this isn’t me being overly pessimistic, self-absorbed or trying to somehow intensely connect my pain to everything as an attempt to reinforce my worldview, I think having the mental capacity to try something new strengthens meaningfully only when you’re doing it with someone else.

When you’re on your own, you just can’t afford that sort of luxury. That’s scary. No, that’s just terrifying; it’s like going down on a waterslide all by yourself. You’re afraid to LET GO and do something that’s not safe and guaranteed to yield semi-predictable results, everything has to feel safe and sound, otherwise you’d feel like you’re not spending your time on anything “important” or that you’re missing out on life since again, you’re doing it alone.

Fucking brutal shit tbh ngl jfl.
I always played the same games over n over

If you go to the cinema alone and fast food places,

i have a horrible habit of re-playing games I've already played and re-watching playthroughs I've already seen. It may have something to do with my horrible memory causing me to replay experiences as if they're half-new. I think I can't remember anything well because of my numbness to life.

i have a horrible habit of re-playing games I've already played and re-watching playthroughs I've already seen. It may have something to do with my horrible memory causing me to replay experiences as if they're half-new. I think I can't remember anything well because of my numbness to life.
I think it’s cause they just feel safe. You know you had a good time with them so you just want to re-experience it again.

I also have a shitty memory.

There are explanations for this that are a bit less depressing.
Over time...
1) ...you accumulate more and more exceptionally high quality works amongst your favorites.
-> The chance a new work can outcompete something you already consumed goes down further and further.
2) ...you experience more and more of the possible types of entertainment for the first time.
-> The chance you will get to see something truly novel in a new release trends downwards.
3) ...you become more indifferend to the newest trends as you develope a stable identity and grow older.
-> You are no longer looking for something to tell you who you are. You have less reason to keep up with what's new since neither you nor your social circle (if you have one) cares.
-> More generally, you become less easily fooled, meaning there are less cicles of "of wow this is so cool" to "don't know why I ever thought this was good".
4) ...your worldview becomes settled. The set of opinions you find agreeable grows smaller and smaller.
-> More and more perspectives become offensive and unenjoyable for you to see protrait.
5) ...your tastes become clearly defined.
-> There no longer is as much reason to try out things you never tried before.
Also
7) Terminally online / socially isolated people like us will spend much more time on entertainment than the average person.
-> Meaning all the perviously mentioned changes happen faster and are more pronounced for us.
8) We rely on these piece of fiction to keep our mood stable and our minds distracted from our misery.
-> Watching new stuff increases the chances of us being triggered by something we see. As we collect scars from our interaction with the world, it becomes harder and harder to avoid this.

All of these combine to make the relative expected value of watching something new go down over time and the relative expected value of rewatching / replaying / rereading something go up.

I hate rewatching stuff unless there was such a long gap between 1 season and the next then it'll be fine.

As a kid though I liked doing this with cartoons however.