Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Trucel Trait: You don't like getting photographed

jeetcel

jeetcel

jeets me!
★★★★
It's simple because you are ugly and no matter how hard you try with all those weird expressions, smiles or duck-faces or wearing something new-better or getting that 'trendy' haircut or beard-moustache styles...you just cannot appear good in photos

selphies ? forget about it; it's rather another 'chore' for you to keep your face and eyes in focus while keeping your phone or camera at certain angle to cover both yourself and the background

in all, you are simply not "photogenic" with your demeanour, and you just cannot get over disliking getting photographed because you think it'd be another piece of memento of your ugliness (that could be probably shared around too in some cases)

for me, I've got like a (chink) smartphone with fairly powerful camera at both front and rear, but the amount of time i tried to click selfies this dying year alone could be counted on fingertips - and it happened due to peer pressure i think...I simply don't want to get photographed neither being recorded, i have feeling that it might make me aware of something further "ick-ish" in me that others may already have been noticing easily being third persons, and who knows it'll give me further anxiety about myself

But living in society you just cannot always safeguard yourself from that, in family occasions or so I often get pushed into being taken pics of myself by others and i've often been told to "smile more" or "lean a bit more towards other(s)"...keeping a stupid grin on my face for 10 seconds or more literally shakes my face muscles inside as i'm not habituated of smiling (not sure if others could notice it on my face but frankly i don't want to know); i sometimes have to tell them that i just have 'resting bitch face' and not necessarily annoyed at things it's just my normal face - though others asking you "why do you seem angry/annoyed/dejected" is a telltale sign that you are indeed self-aware in a bad way, combined with your camera-shyness or avoidance it's just a big trucel trait overall

it's not that i don't take photographs otherwise, but i've used my personal camera and smartphone more for taking photos of other things than myself

it was not always like this as well, when i was a kid and early teenager, in era when smartphones with good enough cameras did not exist and soy-cel media was also unheard of i used to be super enthusiastic about getting photographed and frankly my those era pics do look good enough - but then i grew up and...:fuk:

share your views and experiences about it, if any

even my own family told me i look ugly in pictures

unphotogeniccel

It's simple because you are ugly and no matter how hard you try with all those weird expressions, smiles or duck-faces or wearing something new-better or getting that 'trendy' haircut or beard-moustache styles...you just cannot appear good in photos

selphies ? forget about it; it's rather another 'chore' for you to keep your face and eyes in focus while keeping your phone or camera at certain angle to cover both yourself and the background

in all, you are simply not "photogenic" with your demeanour, and you just cannot get over disliking getting photographed because you think it'd be another piece of memento of your ugliness (that could be probably shared around too in some cases)

for me, I've got like a (chink) smartphone with fairly powerful camera at both front and rear, but the amount of time i tried to click selfies this dying year alone could be counted on fingertips - and it happened due to peer pressure i think...I simply don't want to get photographed neither being recorded, i have feeling that it might make me aware of something further "ick-ish" in me that others may already have been noticing easily being third persons, and who knows it'll give me further anxiety about myself

But living in society you just cannot always safeguard yourself from that, in family occasions or so I often get pushed into being taken pics of myself by others and i've often been told to "smile more" or "lean a bit more towards other(s)"...keeping a stupid grin on my face for 10 seconds or more literally shakes my face muscles inside as i'm not habituated of smiling (not sure if others could notice it on my face but frankly i don't want to know); i sometimes have to tell them that i just have 'resting bitch face' and not necessarily annoyed at things it's just my normal face - though others asking you "why do you seem angry/annoyed/dejected" is a telltale sign that you are indeed self-aware in a bad way, combined with your camera-shyness or avoidance it's just a big trucel trait overall

it's not that i don't take photographs otherwise, but i've used my personal camera and smartphone more for taking photos of other things than myself

it was not always like this as well, when i was a kid and early teenager, in era when smartphones with good enough cameras did not exist and soy-cel media was also unheard of i used to be super enthusiastic about getting photographed and frankly my those era pics do look good enough - but then i grew up and...:fuk:

share your views and experiences about it, if any
FUCK BEING PHOTOGRAPHED ESPECIALLY OFF GUARD I HAVE THE MOST AUTISTIC FACIAL EXPRESSIONS

group selfies are with close family only and always a humiliation ritual

I hate it. I somehow manage to look even more repulsive in them. I know that it will be a disgusting sight for all so I tend to avoid getting taken pictures of.

group selfies are with close family only and always a humiliation ritual
true, in my case i subconsciously or deliberately choose to put myself in farthest position usually in corners to just not be among main focus of group photo because fuck it

More like, there's literally no one near you to photograph you because no one wants to be around you.

I have been photographed at work

Photos make facial asymmetry a lot worse I find.

I avoided looking at mirrors for a long time. If my phone camere was flipped towards me and I saw myself I would get pretty depressed.....

Worst are the ones you need for Driver license or for ID purposes

You know the way your face looks when looking at the back of a spoon?
That's me in real time. Fuuuuuck!

Years ago you had to wait 10 minutes for them to make it (now they mail it. Progress?) and I always HATED turning it over to see. One time the lady had such a horrified look on her face when looming at my photo and handing it to me. Took me a while before I worked up the courage myself..

:dafuckfeels: that's just...they deliberately use the cheapest and worst cameras for making these IDs, god knows what kind of focus, colour balance, shutter speed and all they have that they just capture your ugliest sides possible

I hate seeing my reflection in my laptop monitor. It reminds me that I'm ugly. I guess it used to be my PSP when I was just a young boi.

Relatable

I've never asked anyone to take my pictures for all of my life

I always look like shit on pictures. I also hate being photographed or filmed

Yes. It's impossible for us

Yes, this!
Or others don't want to take pictures with you

I don't even take photographs of my self, my gallery is filled with anything but photos of me.

I never liked it. I remember forcing myself to agree to have my picture taken for "confidence" sake. Man, if there is one thing I'm good at then it's being a full-force retard.

I don't like to be photographed, the reason is obvious. I hate faking emotions so it doesn't feel natural for me to pose or smile for pictures. I like to be secretive, pictures only in rare occasions. .is is the only "social media" account I remember my password in and there might be no any picture of me in the internet anymore. I pay only with cash when outside and I don't have much user accounts.