Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Trucel trait: it becomes harder to watch a YouTuber when you hear they have a girlfriend or wife

cafepeanuts

cafepeanuts

Greycel
I’m sure other people have experienced this.
Whenever I’m watching a video on YouTube and I hear the guy talking say something like “my girlfriend and I…” It makes me feel terrible, and I have to click off the video or skip past the part where they discuss their girlfriend. It also sours my view on them for a while and I don’t watch their videos as much.

It’s getting annoying because the phenomenon keeps happening to more and more of the favorite YouTubers I watch. Can’t go one video without mentioning their goddamn girlfriend.

it happened to me with a spanish guy named jaime altozano from a music channel. i stopped watching him when he started putting his girlfriend in the videos.

I’m sure other people have experienced this.
Whenever I’m watching a video on YouTube and I hear the guy talking say something like “my girlfriend and I…” It makes me feel terrible, and I have to click off the video or skip past the part where they discuss their girlfriend. It also sours my view on them for a while and I don’t watch their videos as much.

It’s getting annoying because the phenomenon keeps happening to more and more of the favorite YouTubers I watch. Can’t go one video without mentioning their goddamn girlfriend.
I think it depends. If I relate to them on a certain level, such as if I think they are subhuman too and may suffer similar woes as me, I will stop watching them if I find out they have a gf.
But if they are normie looking I can usually expect that they will have at least had some romantic experience before or a gf at some point so it doesn't phase me too much. However I don't like it when they speak about them too much or put them in the videos, because then they get annoying.

So mostly I just watch lolcow content because even though some of them have gf's or wives they are even worse off than I am so I can feel good about laughing at them. It sounds messed up but lolcow content is some of the best out there. Watching people like WingsOfRedemption or DSP freak out on stream is just so entertaining.

Last edited:
So mostly I just watch lolcow content because even though some of them have gf's or wives they are even worse off than I am so I can feel good about laughing at them. It sounds messed up but lolcow content is some of the best out there. Watching people like WingsOfRedemption or DSP freak out on stream is just so entertaining.
Agreed, I don't see many cels talking about lolcow content. It's an underrated cope.