Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion To what extent are love and romance positive to a relationship?

verybasedindeed

verybasedindeed

-
Romance and love are particular to the West.

Relationships are seen as part of a social contract by other societies. You are expected to engage in a long-term relationship and have children.

The bogus idea of love is what leads a woman to conclude that her partner was not good enough because "love came to an end" or "he was not the right man", whereas you would not have such an option in societies that expect you to turn the relationship into a functional one despite what your feelings told you.

Of course love and romance sweeten the relationship, but they should not be the focus of it. Otherwise, women are going to convince themselves that they have to settle only for men that are "the right for them", which means no one, since their interests are fickle.

In short, the idea of romance and love can be very detrimental to relationships as it convinces people that the right partners are the ones who we fall in love with and that we should not settle for less.

Women are incapable of love. Only men can love, and women use that love we feel for them to take advantage of us for our protection, providing, and resources. Whoever designed us, did it this way so the physically inferior women could control us.

Name checks out.

I've never looked at this from that perspective. Love also acts an extra barrier to romantic relationships. Women separate strongly friends and "lovers". She could be having a romantic relationship with a friend (who is someone she already has a good relationship with), but she won't because she doesn't "love" him.

Love is a concept used to validate many natural, toxic female behavior. Husband loses his job -> "I don't love him anymore". "He's a great friend, but I don't see we together. I don't love him." -> Goes after psycho-chad and gets beaten to death.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back