Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Thoughts on fiction, more specifically single protagonists?

tulasdanslos

tulasdanslos

East though, they heading to the East
★★★★★
WARNING: SPOILERS FOR HOKUTO NO KEN/FIST OF THE NORTH STAR

So I was thinking of Kenshiro today and how everything after Raoh's death could have been deleted entirely and the world would be better off. My biggest sense of grief comes from the fact that at the very end Ken is single. Like, this guy is the successor of a 2000 year old martial art and he's single, meaning no kids to turn into walking weapons of mass destruction. He has no intent of taking anyone as a pupil, either. Not even Raoh's kid, who would have been perfect since he respected his old man. Unexplicably, between Part I and Part II he didn't make any babies with his girlfriend (inb4 "this was explained in a light novel published in 1993 that has never been scanned nor translated to English", I'm talking about the original story). How is he so hung up on one woman anyway?
"Oh my gf died, guess I'm never going to have sex nor intimacy again" JFL

You can discuss other single protagonists here I guess. It's technically a spoiler but whatever.

They are pretty interesting tbh

Fiction is a good cope. I usually self insert myself in the stories so I don't feel that bad about my life.