Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Thoughts on buying luxury furniture for home office/bedroom?

Ducky

Ducky

Supreme Gentleman, Scholar, and Evil-Doer
I can barely afford the stuff but is it worth it to collect cool furniture to LARP as a rich Chad alone in my room? I could start with just a desk and a chair and collect stuff year after year. In 5 years I'd probably be able to acquire a whole little luxury office like a rich person. There are a lot of cool desks in $4k-$6k range, and I can get some cool chairs for around $2k. I'd start with that and some shitty art I buy from some no bodies and a cheap rug and slowly upgrade my collection from there. Is this retarded role play and a waste of my money? I spend all my time working or on my computer so I might as well generate the right feng shui right?

Screen Shot 2022 06 07 at 74421 PM

These pictures are giving me ideas. I can hang firearms on the wall like those swords. Have a nice book collection. Have some expensive whisky in a decanter. It would be the right vibes.

Attachments

• 1654656316115.png
    1654656316115.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 1654656359775.png
    1654656359775.png
    497.2 KB · Views: 11
Its a waste of money unless it is but might be worth it if it is intricately decorated. But just know that if you buy it you might only get half value if that.

Its a waste of money unless it is but might be worth it if it is intricately decorated. But just know that if you buy it you might only get half value if that.
Im not worried about resale value, and tbh what else am I spending the money on? Im not making shitloads but in a year, I save half my income. Its supposed to be for retirement but who gives a shit. I can afford a couple pieces here and there. The desk is the priciest piece, I think.

Im not worried about resale value, and tbh what else am I spending the money on? Im not making shitloads but in a year, I save half my income. Its supposed to be for retirement but who gives a shit. I can afford a couple pieces here and there. The desk is the priciest piece, I think.
I Iike more intricate design, seems kind of plain.

I would look into canopy beds with solid wood frame and gaint pillar legs.
499f0c5b35bfb5bf6217ace77a70_king%2Bcanopy%2Bbed.jpeg

Also found this, if you get glass hutch get crystal type glass because it has cleaner transparency.

Vendome-Cherry-Oak-Executive-Desk-back-Acme-92125.jpg

I Iike more intricate design, seems kind of plain.

I would look into canopy beds with solid wood frame and gaint pillar legs.
499f0c5b35bfb5bf6217ace77a70_king%2Bcanopy%2Bbed.jpeg

Also found this, if you get glass hutch get crystal type glass because it has cleaner transparency.

Vendome-Cherry-Oak-Executive-Desk-back-Acme-92125.jpg
Those are nice too but I feel like the room would feel cluttered fast if not designed properly. It also makes it harder to mix collections. I'll have to learn more about furniture before I buy anything but I do like the styles.

I would care more about the comfyness of the furniture, more than about the luxury aspect. if I had the money, I would be me a comfortable chair, a new bed a lot of pillows etc.:feelsautistic:
The luxury stuff is comfortable. I would just have to get things like a stand for the monitor and an adjustable height chair (which the luxury ones usually are). That would let me get the ergonomics right. Im thinking a love seat and another chair and little side table for guests (I never actually have guests). A throw rug in the middle, a nice bookcase, and some art, and Ive got an office.

its a good cope, but looks like u bragging.

you do you man

4k for a desk?! This is madness. But if you've cash to burn and it makes you happy then why not. Would look bad though unless you're living in a fucking estate.

ugly desk tbh

I can barely afford the stuff but is it worth it to collect cool furniture to LARP as a rich Chad alone in my room?
It's a horrible investment. Your attitude reminds me that of my brother when the whole hype beast shit started popping off a few years ago. He would have my mother and father buy him expensive shoes and other clothing in order to look like he has money but in actuality he was broke as fuck. And he wasn't the only person I saw doing this, keep in mind that I don't live in a wealthy area yet there were a bunch of people, especially teenagers that had on expensive brands like gucci, supreme and louis vuitton. The thing is these guys aren't fooling anyone, if they really were the person they portray they wouldn't still be living in a shithole working a minimum wage job.

I don't get this mentality, why LARP as someone that's wealthy when you can instead invest your money to become the wealthy person. Not only will you actually be wealthy but you also get the benefits of being wealthy. When you LARP as being wealthy it's only a drawback that limits you.

I don't think even after I do become wealthy that I'll have expensive tastes. I knew a few wealthy jews that wore sketchers, bought their clothes from costco yet their famly owns a real estate business in NYC. They're definitely on the same wavelength as me.

It's not I'll ever have anyone over at my place anyways. All I really need is a single bed to sleep on, a table to eat on and a drawer to store my clothes. That's about all the furniture I'll ever have and need. I don't see any practical reason you'd want to do this, I doubt you have people in your life so it couldn't be about status and even if you do, why do you care about impressing them? They aren't gonna get you anywhere in life that's up to you.
and tbh what else am I spending the money on?
If you want to spend your money why not invest in something that could yield returns? Not only do you alleviate the itch of wanting to spend your money but you also could profit from it.

Old style of furniture is so boring, could buy it at any antique shop or fb market place. Someone's grandpa must be wanting to get rid of a desk. Don't be an idiot and spend a wad of cash on something that people are giving away at garage sales.
If you just wanna spend money get something unique.

If by making your home look better you feel better, why not?

I can barely afford the stuff but is it worth it to collect cool furniture to LARP as a rich Chad alone in my room? I could start with just a desk and a chair and collect stuff year after year. In 5 years I'd probably be able to acquire a whole little luxury office like a rich person. There are a lot of cool desks in $4k-$6k range, and I can get some cool chairs for around $2k. I'd start with that and some shitty art I buy from some no bodies and a cheap rug and slowly upgrade my collection from there. Is this retarded role play and a waste of my money? I spend all my time working or on my computer so I might as well generate the right feng shui right?
buy luxury chair and desk boyo u won't regret.makes work more tolerable

4k for a desk?! This is madness. But if you've cash to burn and it makes you happy then why not. Would look bad though unless you're living in a fucking estate.
OP should buy a stand and sit motorized desk tbh

Furnituremaxxxing is not useful but it can be great cope

OP should buy a stand and sit motorized desk tbh
I was thinking about that but the antique desks are so nice looking. It would be cool if I could find one that is stylized to look antique but stands too. Or maybe just two desks, one standing and one sitting.

I was thinking that too. Shitty carpet/laminate floor and drywall would be bad. I was thinking bookshelves with a nice molding and a nice rug might make make it a little better.

Old style of furniture is so boring, could buy it at any antique shop or fb market place. Someone's grandpa must be wanting to get rid of a desk. Don't be an idiot and spend a wad of cash on something that people are giving away at garage sales.
If you just wanna spend money get something unique.
Good idea. I've never really used marketplaces before but its probably worth looking into for the desk. Id rather not buy a used chair for hygiene reasons.

LUXURY FURNITURE WON'T GIVE YOU SHIT

It's a horrible investment. Your attitude reminds me that of my brother when the whole hype beast shit started popping off a few years ago. He would have my mother and father buy him expensive shoes and other clothing in order to look like he has money but in actuality he was broke as fuck. And he wasn't the only person I saw doing this, keep in mind that I don't live in a wealthy area yet there were a bunch of people, especially teenagers that had on expensive brands like gucci, supreme and louis vuitton. The thing is these guys aren't fooling anyone, if they really were the person they portray they wouldn't still be living in a shithole working a minimum wage job.

I don't get this mentality, why LARP as someone that's wealthy when you can instead invest your money to become the wealthy person. Not only will you actually be wealthy but you also get the benefits of being wealthy. When you LARP as being wealthy it's only a drawback that limits you.

I don't think even after I do become wealthy that I'll have expensive tastes. I knew a few wealthy jews that wore sketchers, bought their clothes from costco yet their famly owns a real estate business in NYC. They're definitely on the same wavelength as me.

It's not I'll ever have anyone over at my place anyways. All I really need is a single bed to sleep on, a table to eat on and a drawer to store my clothes. That's about all the furniture I'll ever have and need. I don't see any practical reason you'd want to do this, I doubt you have people in your life so it couldn't be about status and even if you do, why do you care about impressing them? They aren't gonna get you anywhere in life that's up to you.

If you want to spend your money why not invest in something that could yield returns? Not only do you alleviate the itch of wanting to spend your money but you also could profit from it.
The difference is time I suppose. $10k will not grow into any amount of wealth in a reasonable time. I will be an old old man before it would be.

Do it
but do it for you not to impress woman cause you won't

Do it
but do it for you not to impress woman cause you won't
Ah yes, the woman I kidnap will be very impressed when I inform her that she is tied to a $2000 chair. Not sure how else a woman would see the furniture.

Good idea. I've never really used marketplaces before but its probably worth looking into for the desk. Id rather not buy a used chair for hygiene reasons.
be sure you have any used furniture throughly inspected and cleaned with anti bug sprat