Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious The voice of a proper man

smith

smith

Greycel
Is there any behaviour/technique that could help deepen the voice and make it more pleasant to listen to for others?
While trying to improve the voice, I don't want to go over-the-top and try to speak as deep as I can, it's much more about maintaning the depth I can easily get to just by speaking in a more-or-less confident manner throughout the day and making myself speak very clearly and convincingly, unconsciously. It is job-related, but also a socializing issue.
It's also absolutely related to romance, or rather yet another attempt at a partial improvement of my 5'7" ungroomed weakass nerd incel ugly boney ass, to a degree that may finally make me not hate the person I am. And I do hate, not like an angsty teen, more like a man who knows he fucked himself up beyond repair and can't help it. I harmed myself less than 3 weeks ago and get recurring suicide thoughts, particularly when the thoughts of how my social life is going on or how I look come into my head. Or my lifelong crush. That makes me lay in my bed for 4 hours and despair for the rest of the day so much it interrupts my studies, so I have to occupy myself with anything, a part-time job, studying.... anything... I need to improve, or else this becomes a daily routine, and then comes the last relief.

I am severely anxious about my voice sounding nerdy, and my constant sinus inflammation does not help at all with making my voice seem reasonably deep and less "nasal", too... sh*t

Try speaking from somewhere between the chest and the stomach, which are the extremes of sharp/deep voice. Somewhere between.

The only thing I've heard is shouting into a pillow to thicken your vocal chords.

I'm pretty sure voice like every thing else is mainly determined by genetics. I think there may be some tutorials online to show you how to get the best sounding voice possible but don't think you can go from sounding like the nasally nerd character in a sitcom to gigachad from them.
If you're speaking into a mic there are some programs online that can deepen the bass of your voice if you're using a computer.

I'm a voiceChad tbh, but facial truecel.

Just smoke weed to get a raspy voice theory

Just lengthen and thicken your vocal folds bro

It’s funny the respect I am treat me with online because people assume I am so big football Chad
I guess we are people that are to be heard but not seen.

I don't think there is a way, I'm also a voicecel.