Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious The Star Wars fanbase is one of the strangest fanbases out there

TF2cel

TF2cel

"Don't be such a baby, ribs grow back"
-
First off, There are multiple tiers of fan: Casual (likes the movies, that's it), Normie (considers themselves a fan, but really only because it's "cool" at the moment), Fanboy (in here is multiple sub categories), Hardcore (loves all things Star Wars).
I fit in the category of Hardcore. In the fanboy side of the community there are these sub categories: Original trilogy Fanboy, Prequel Fanboy, Disney era Fanboy, and Expanded Universe Fanboy. All fanboy categories hate each other, and for different reasons.
There's alot more to say about the fanbase, and i really hate where it's headed. The only type of fan that i consider innocent is the Kid side of the fanbase. I may make a youtube video about this, as it needs to be further discussed and dissected. Leave your thoughts below
Lucas

Fanboyism is cucked af.

I love the fact that star wars attracts a variety of people. It seems like everybody likes it.

Fanboyism is cucked af.
i can pretty much agree. Fanboys claim to love Star Wars, but they only make it worse by being assholes to anyone who shares a different opinion. I once was called a faggot for saying that i think the prequels are ok

I love the fact that star wars attracts a variety of people. It seems like everybody likes it.
having variety in the fanbase is fine. But when the fanbase is so cancerous that it ruins the properties reputation, it's gone too far

i can pretty much agree. Fanboys claim to love Star Wars, but they only make it worse by being assholes to anyone who shares a different opinion. I once was called a faggot for saying that i think the prequels are ok
I meant more in the sense that some billionaire becomes billionaire by marketing stuff that these cucks collect at their expense.

Star Wars is dead to me. The original films were a huge influence on my childhood. The prequels were awful. The Phantom Menace made me realise that films were just a way for franchises to sell Merchandise and for George Lucas to wank in our faces with special effects. Literally i think the Phantom Menace was just a contrived way so George Lucas could do 15 minutes of pod racing.

I meant more in the sense that some billionaire becomes billionaire by marketing stuff that these cucks collect at their expense.
So by that, would you consider me a cuck for collecting some Star Wars related stuff? I don't go overboard with collecting Star Wars things (mainly cause of money problems)

Star Wars is dead to me. The original films were a huge influence on my childhood. The prequels were awful. The Phantom Menace made me realise that films were just a way for franchises to sell Merchandise and for George Lucas to wank in our faces with special effects. Literally i think the Phantom Menace was just a contrived way so George Lucas could do 15 minutes of pod racing.
And don't forget that pod racing game on the N64. Also, what is your opinion on the new Disney stuff coming out?

So by that, would you consider me a cuck for collecting some Star Wars related stuff? I don't go overboard with collecting Star Wars things (mainly cause of money problems)
You like what you like. I feel cucked for owning an iPhone because I enriched that evil company but it still provided some utility to me and so far I find other phones inferior. However, I'm not like those Apple fans who would start to collect everything Apple (my dad is a bit like that and it infuriates me)

And don't forget that pod racing game on the N64. Also, what is your opinion on the new Disney stuff coming out?

That is why i said Star Wars is dead to me. Rogue One was pretty shit except for bring back Peter Cushings and the battle at the end. Everything else about them sucks. I watched a bit of episode 7 and and very happy with my decision not to see it. Don't even get started on episode 8. Fuck Star Wars. Fuck J J Abrams. Fuck Hollywood.

You like what you like. I feel cucked for owning an iPhone because I enriched that evil company but it still provided some utility to me and so far I find other phones inferior. However, I'm not like those Apple fans who would start to collect everything Apple (my dad is a bit like that and it infuriates me)
I have a serious collecting addiction towards gaming. I have over 300 physical copies of games on multiple platforms, and nearly 200 digital Steam games. Not to mention all the posters, statues, figures, and other junk i have. Good on you for not collecting Apple though

That is why i said Star Wars is dead to me. Rogue One was pretty shit except for bring back Peter Cushings and the battle at the end. Everything else about them sucks. I watched a bit of episode 7 and and very happy with my decision not to see it. Don't even get started on episode 8. Fuck Star Wars. Fuck J J Abrams. Fuck Hollywood.
Rogue One was just "FANSERVICE: THE MOVIE". I found Force Awakens mostly enjoyable, Last Jedi was extremely mixed for me, and Rogue One just needed a better story, better written characters, and better actors to portray those characters. Atleast visually the movie looked amazing, and the sound was pretty good too. Now only to see how The Solo film and Episode 9 turn out. I've been thinking about ditching Star Wars once episode 9 comes out. The franchise needs a 10 to 15 year rest MINIMUM. To be honest, i'd prefer it to be given to the public domain or abandoned

like a series, but no need to show off about why you like it, the term gate keeping usually applies.

like a series, but no need to show off about why you like it, the term gate keeping usually applies.
nothing wrong with the fanbase getting bigger, but the quality of the fans has gone down significantly

nothing wrong with the fanbase getting bigger, but the quality of the fans has gone down significantly
i know what you mean. It gets kind of annoying, so in most situations i just stop visiting community like forums.

Was a huge fan of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, started reading the manga in 2008, then when they made an anime everyone jumped on the band wagon and started watching it.

Same thing with fate/stay night, i watched the anime in 2007, around the time fan dubs got released, read the visual novels downloaded through limewire, and now everyone is watching it because of the recent anime.

i know what you mean. It gets kind of annoying, so in most situations i just stop visiting community like forums.

Was a huge fan of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, started reading the manga in 2008, then when they made an anime everyone jumped on the band wagon and started watching it.

Same thing with fate/stay night, i watched the anime in 2007, around the time fan dubs got released, read the visual novels downloaded through limewire, and now everyone is watching it because of the recent anime.
The best part of a community is when it's small. It seems like you know everyone else in there, and it is peaceful and friendly. Much like when a Youtube channel has under 20k subs

I hate al fanbases since they include geeky/nerdy girls that WILL not have sex with me despite sharing common interests and ideas. Fuck all fanbases, fuck everything.

star wars is fkn boring, only seen a bit of it and couldnt stand it/ lost interest in it. star wars is just ruined by normies now.

Don't judge me...

revenge-sith10gif.gif

But yes most of it's fans are normies, and a large portion of females.

I'd consider myself a fanboy (except for Disney, that shit's cucked). I really enjoyed the movies, and I also enjoy the expanded universe. I love Star Wars Theory and his analysis of the series. I find the thematic and philisophical elements of Star Wars fascinating.

I'd consider myself a fanboy (except for Disney, that shit's cucked). I really enjoyed the movies, and I also enjoy the expanded universe. I love Star Wars Theory and his analysis of the series. I find the thematic and philisophical elements of Star Wars fascinating.
I hate that faggot. He's the kind of normie that ruined Star Wars after Disney bought it.

I hate that faggot. He's the kind of normie that ruined Star Wars after Disney bought it.
He is a normie, but he offers good analysis, and doesn't buy into the Disney phaggotry. Also his voice is soothing to listen to.

Nigga please.

Expanded Universe kept Jew Wars alive while Lucasfilms rotted after the prequels. Now EU is non-cannon thanks to Disney. :feelsrope:

I have a question: why Star Wars?