Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The ONE required high school Lit book you actually LIKED?

B

Bedford Stye

Overlord
★★★
I guess in my 4 years of high school I read 25 or 30 required novels.

Updike, Tolstoy, Hemingway, twain, Salinger, Shakespeare.

The one I actually liked was a separate peace by John Knowles.

A junior kid in a boarding school has these weird relationships with mean ass kids. And he's about to get drafted.

I guess it's the alienation, and the few friendships he trusts

I liked A Separate Peace too and the second half when we learn of Holden’s deceased brother in The Catcher in the Rye by Salinger.

Fahrenheit 451

poisonwood bible was tolerable

nice list of books can u post here or in book thread?

I liked 1984 the most, others are just boring

I liked Song of Solomon because it had a lot of fucking even though it was about niggers

I felt bad for the big dumb guy in grapes of wrath. He was based for killing that rostie.

I felt bad for the big dumb guy in grapes of wrath. He was based for killing that rostie.
I forgot about that one.

I think the grapes of wrath can't be understood until you're about 30, and can look back on suffering

T. rex and the crater of doom was something I didn’t think I would like:feelsokman:

None of them. I didn't finish reading any of the books assigned in those classes and looked up summaries online jfl at reading normgroid propaganda.

One flew over thr cuckoos nest.

Fahrenheit 451 was the only one i hated. Out of the half dozen dystopian novels I've read, it was the worst.

Of Mice and Men and A Streetcar Named Desire were both ok. For me as long as it wasn't Shakespeare crap I could deal with it. Fuck that guy, made some of the most boring plays even written. Gay flowery language that barely makes sense. Also fuck reading Romeo and Juliet Romeo is literally a simp piece of garbage.

Of Mice and Men and A Streetcar Named Desire were both ok. For me as long as it wasn't Shakespeare crap I could deal with it. Fuck that guy, made some of the most boring plays even written. Gay flowery language that barely makes sense. Also fuck reading Romeo and Juliet Romeo is literally a simp piece of garbage.
Steinbeck was the name I couldn't think of.

These books are considered socially redeemable, building character, reinforcing mores.

But if you're an incel, you have no trust in society promoting family values.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back