Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel The obsession with "expanding your horizonts"

L

Lebensmüder

Soon to be deleted account
★★★
I unironically don't get it. Why are people so fucking focussed on learning some languages from the other side of the globe or traveling to some foreign country? Why do people look down on those who are content with their own country and what it has to offer? Why is the individual that has roots nowadays the pariah?

Nowadays if you don't constantly try to learn or better yourself people think that they can look down on you. For example: College education in the USA, it's rationally speaking absolutely retarded to make huge amounts of debt for a degree that will not allow most to make enough money to compensate for the financial loss - but when you say what's obvious people insult you as an uneducated slob. The same thing with traveling or studying abroad: It makes no difference ultimately and gives you enormous debts and you get nothing out of it that you couldn't have gotten with a cheaper price within your country. People want to go to the Carribean but if I (hypothetically) showed them some pictures of a random oligotrophic lake within their country and pictures of the Carribean they couldn't tell the difference.

Nowadays if you settle down and want to work/study/etc. where you were born people hate you and see you as a worthless, narrow-minded fool that deserves to be eliminated, if you work in one profession within your town dilligently people see you as scum that chooses the easy way. I unironically cannot understand that, it's not even curiosity because most of these excessive travelers rarely take something from their vacation that's not a selfie, if you asked them anything about the culture/history/flora & fauna/etc. of the country they visited for months they would stutter, so their curiosity is clearly a lie. And when you ask them why they did it then they come up with tautologies. I never understood people like that, why do they learn shit like languages when they never go to that country (no practical application) or why do people travel in general?

I never had an interest in traveling or in other nations, I never even had interest in my own surroundings let alone in surroundings on the other side of the globe. As if existing in one big moloch called city or another would make any difference for a westerner anyways. I unironically don't get it why people feel the constant urge to change/to do something (especially when it's disadvantageous in the long run).

Last edited:
I unironically don't get it. Why are people so fucking focussed on learning some languages from the other side of the globe or traveling to some foreign country? Why do people look down on those who are content with their own country and what it has to offer? Why is the individual that has roots nowadays the pariah?

Nowadays if you don't constantly try to learn or better yourself people think that they can look down on you. For example: College education in the USA, it's rationally speaking absolutely retarded to make huge amounts of debt for a degree that will not allow most to make enough money to compensate for the financial loss - but when you say what's obvious people insult you as an uneducated slob. The same thing with traveling or studying abroad: It makes no difference ultimately and gives you enormous debts and you get nothing out of it that you couldn't have gotten with a cheaper price within your country. People want to go to the Carribean but if I (hypothetically) showed them some pictures of a random oligotrophic lake within their country and pictures of the Carribean they couldn't tell the difference.

Nowadays if you settle down and want to work/study/etc. where you were born people hate you and see you as a worthless, narrow-minded fool that deserves to be eliminated, if you work in one profession within your town dilligently people see you as scum that chooses the easy way. I unironically cannot understand that, it's not even curiosity because most of these excessive travelers rarely take something from their vacation that's not a selfie, if you asked them anything about the culture/history/flora & fauna/etc. of the country they visited for months they would stutter, so their curiosity is clearly a lie. And when you ask them why they did it then they come up with tautologies. I never understood people like that, why do they learn shit like languages when they never go to that country (no practical application) or why do people travel in general?

I never had an interest in traveling or in other nations, I never even had interest in my own surroundings let alone in surroundings on the other side of the globe. As if existing in one big moloch called city or another would make any difference for a westerner anyways. I unironically don't get it why people feel the constant urge to change/to do something (especially when it's disadvantageous in the long run).
It's so chads and stacie's can produce social media content, fueling their already over inflated egos. Pure attention seeking.

It is basically to feed their own egos, and normies like to brag to each other to what countries they have travelled to with their SO. Normies have really fragile egos and are easily upset, so they have to constantly demonstrate their worth to others and get continous positive feedback

I want to expand my genetic material into a fertile foid womb

Also 10/10 TTA avi @ OP

It's so chads and stacie's can produce social media content, fueling their already over inflated egos. Pure attention seeking.
It is basically to feed their own egos, and normies like to brag to each other to what countries they have travelled to with their SO. Normies have really fragile egos and are easily upset, so they have to constantly demonstrate their worth to others and get continous positive feedback
Even boomers have that mentality. As I was at an application for an educational programme they told me that it is seen as a red flag (in the sense of "You are choosing the easy way out!") if you apply within your country/don't study abroad. They were completely obsessed with Anglo universities and other shit.

Wanting to stay within your country of origin (out of rationality or because you are forced to do so due to sick parents/etc.) is nowadays seen as abhorrent.

I also don't see the reason why healthy pragmatism (or as they say it "Choosing the easy way out!") is something remotely negative or reprehensible, it's only sane to do as little as possible while getting as much as possible.
I want to expand my genetic material into a fertile foid womb

Also 10/10 TTA avi @ OP

View attachment 441027
Based and Dennis-pilled.

Last edited:
Even boomers have that mentality. As I was at an application for an educational programme they told me that it is seen as a red flag (in the sense of "You are choosing the easy way out!") if you apply within your country/don't study abroad. They were completely obsessed with Anglo universities and other shit.

Wanting to stay within your country of origin (out of rationality or because you are forced to do so due to sick parents/etc.) is nowadays seen as abhorrent.

I also don't see the reason why healthy pragmatism (or as they say it "Choosing the easy way out!") is something remotely negative or reprehensible, it's only sane to do as little as possible while getting as much as possible.

Based and Dennis-pilled.
What you wanna be with your parents!????? Sadly being with your parents nowadays is bad? For whatever reason

They Need some Storys They can braG about

the only thing expanding here are her holes

Traveling is pointless if you are short and ethnic. I traveled a lot, and thinking about it makes me suicidal

they are stupid if they do it just for the sake of "expanding their horizons"

Traveling is pointless if you are short and ethnic. I traveled a lot, and thinking about it makes me suicidal
It's tolerable when you are younger than most people there (like at resorts with much older people) but probably suifuel once you are around the same age as people that go there tbh