Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The Job Application Thread

IronMike

IronMike

Overlord
★★★★★
Going to fill out 2 applications today.

What are my fellow lookingforworkcels doing?

I gave up for three weeks ago ^.^, I'm just looking for a simple part time weekend work, but apparently it's damn near impossible to get one, and in this shitty country.

Going to re-write my cover letter and modify resume, and start sending it again soon...

idkwattodowithlife said:
I gave up for three weeks ago ^.^, I'm just looking for a simple part time weekend work, but apparently it's damn near impossible to get one, and in this shitty country.
Going to re-write my cover letter and modify resume, and starting sending again soon...
cannot believe you cannot find job in australia eh

idkwattodowithlife said:

Going to re-write my cover letter and modify resume, and start sending it again soon...

my cover letter is plug and chug, I just change the address and job title. Maybe that's why I can't get a proper job

hope it works out for you

IronMike said:
idkwattodowithlife said:
my cover letter is plug and chug, I just change the address and job title. Maybe that's why I can't get a proper job
hope it works out for you
Thanks <3. I hope you too :).

Good luck, brothers. I know how hard it can be for an incel to get a shot anywhere. I have accepted in recent months that I can only tolerate a part-time job, so I will proceed on that basis. I am also very much an advocate of working locally, because why put yourself through commuter hell, especially when it comes out of your pocket.

In my second period of NEETdom, after workceling in an apprenticeship for 12 months, I now carefully pick and choose what I want to apply for, ideally within 2 miles of my home. I now fully realize that I have minimum tolerance for people and am trying to find a job that is somewhat friendly for an asocial misanthrope like me, but I know hardly anything is like that now. Everything is customer service in one way or another, which is awful for a lot of us.

The obvious tip is to always copy the list of what the applicant needs for the vacancy, then demonstrate how you meet these requirements. 'Able to do X', becomes 'I am able to do X. At job Y, I...' I have gotten much better at getting interviews in the last few years and even been able to fake being normal in interviews; I just don't get the anxiety that I used to get.

I see the NEETbux people tomorrow. I applied for a two day a week job over the weekend and I still haven't heard anything back. I did two pages on how I meet their requirements. Seems I'll need to look again.

BlackPill47 said:
Good luck, brothers. I know how hard it can be for an incel to get a shot anywhere. I have accepted in recent months that I can only tolerate a part-time job, so I will proceed on that basis. I am also very much an advocate of working locally, because why put yourself through commuter hell, especially when it comes out of your pocket.

In my second period of NEETdom, after workceling in an apprenticeship for 12 months, I now carefully pick and choose what I want to apply for, ideally within 2 miles of my home. I now fully realize that I have minimum tolerance for people and am trying to find a job that is somewhat friendly for an asocial misanthrope like me, but I know hardly anything is like that now. Everything is customer service in one way or another, which is awful for a lot of us.

The obvious tip is to always copy the list of what the applicant needs for the vacancy, then demonstrate how you meet these requirements. 'Able to do X', becomes 'I am able to do X. At job Y, I...' I have gotten much better at getting interviews in the last few years and even been able to fake being normal in interviews; I just don't get the anxiety that I used to get.

I see the NEETbux people tomorrow. I applied for a two day a week job over the weekend and I still haven't heard anything back. I did two pages on how I meet their requirements. Seems I'll need to look again.

This is good info brother, thanks.

I'm looking for an office administrative position atm

IronMike said:
This is good info brother, thanks.
I'm looking for an office administrative position atm
Good luck, brother. I wish you well.

I can deal with a lot of office stuff pretty well, except the phones. Having to answer them is hell for me. I worked in payroll and a lot of it did suit my aspie tendencies, data entry, databases, etc; but the pressure of the ever increasing workload - less then five people dealing with over 4,000 employees - and the phones made me glad to leave at the end of my contract.

Last September, I got a job for six months working facilities and despite acing the interview I was kicked out after a week, because I was too truthful about my insecurities in the role during the induction. My boss and colleague were leaving at the end of that month (leaving just one other, who was away) and I felt it was impossible for me to know the job by then and deal with all the extra pressure on top of that. Damn cunts, but I guess it worked out for the best as it was a shitty situation to go into. That's what has solidified that I must be able to tolerate the job on a permanent basis and minimize the commute, so 3 days a week would be ideal. I long for Basic Income so I can truly LDAR.

Life will still be over no matter what we do

BlackPill47 said:
Good luck, brother. I wish you well.

I can deal with a lot of office stuff pretty well, except the phones. Having to answer them is hell for me. I worked in payroll and a lot of it did suit my aspie tendencies, data entry, databases, etc; but the pressure of the ever increasing workload - less then five people dealing with over 4,000 employees - and the phones made me glad to leave at the end of my contract.

Last September, I got a job for six months working facilities and despite acing the interview I was kicked out after a week, because I was too truthful about my insecurities in the role during the induction. My boss and colleague were leaving at the end of that month (leaving just one other, who was away) and I felt it was impossible for me to know the job by then and deal with all the extra pressure on top of that. Damn cunts, but I guess it worked out for the best as it was a shitty situation to go into. That's what has solidified that I must be able to tolerate the job on a permanent basis and minimize the commute, so 3 days a week would be ideal. I long for Basic Income so I can truly LDAR.

Data entry is the ultimate dream, I don't mind commutes because its one of the few times where I can zone out to my music