Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion The increasing importance of digital privacy

solblue

solblue

Luminary
★★★★★
If the Facebook data scandal wasn't the wake-up call people needed to protect their information, hopefully these past few weeks will be. People are careless with their communications, public and private, and we are seeing the ramifications in a truly digital age. I admit I am not as secure as I would like to be, but that will change today. People will have to be more careful of how they proceed online because of how easy it is to expose someone. At a certain point, not being protected is your own fault

With public channels here in the US coming under scrutiny by brigades reminiscent to those of centuries past, it is important to make sure our private communications remain so. Many of us don't have or aren't active on social media so that wont matter to us. However, I want to ask what methods you guys plan on using to ensure the privacy of your communications. VPNs of course jump to mind and they are helpful as long as the government isn't after you

I need to get better security too, albeit it’s not from individuals as I have no social media or career or even life to doxx. It’d be more of an action against data mining, however who says companies can’t just bypass that?

Is there even any way to stay safe today online? I doubt it. Everyone spies on you through every software, browser, site or whatever

It’d be more of an action against data mining, however who says companies can’t just bypass that?
Same tbh. Facebook amasses info on people who aren't even users. Outmaneuvering them might be a folly, but it's worth a try

Is there even any way to stay safe today online? I doubt it. Everyone spies on you through every software, browser, site or whatever
I guess mitigation is probably the most one can do. Many services probably have what they think is "benevolent" tracking since the info collected is unidentifiable and won't be available to the public, but I wonder how identifiable that info really is. Google's targeted advertising claims to just use algorithms on unidentifiable information, but who knows.

What is the best VPN?

JFL at anyone coping believing the FBI doesn’t already know who everyone on this forum is. IDGAF what type of VPN you have.

What is the best VPN?
Not sure about best, that would probably be knowing someone privately who runs a server in Panama on the DL, but IPVanish seems to work pretty well.

Same tbh. Facebook amasses info on people who aren't even users. Outmaneuvering them might be a folly, but it's worth a try

I guess mitigation is probably the most one can do. Many services probably have what they think is "benevolent" tracking since the info collected is unidentifiable and won't be available to the public, but I wonder how identifiable that info really is. Google's targeted advertising claims to just use algorithms on unidentifiable information, but who knows.
The algorithm is the problem, and although i do not have any proof, i heard they track you based on how you write things, and most importantly your face. That's why i don't think it's a crazy idea to put tape on the selfie camera.
Not sure about best, that would probably be knowing someone privately who runs a server in Panama on the DL, but IPVanish seems to work pretty well.
How about using tor?

How about using tor?
Sure, for certain things. Don't ever count on being genuinely anonymous anywhere, as a rule of thumb though. Alot of places block the Tor exit nodes, so that will be an inconveniance. I don't really care about nor worry about privacy myself, hence my lax approach. I don't have or do anything that really motivates a high effort security solution, my life is shit anyway. If something happens which pushes me further towards the rope I'm almost thankful.

IPVanish might be a honeypot, but so what. Same as above.

Sure, for certain things. Don't ever count on being genuinely anonymous anywhere, as a rule of thumb though. Alot of places block the Tor exit nodes, so that will be an inconveniance. I don't really care about nor worry about privacy myself, hence my lax approach. I don't have or do anything that really motivates a high effort security solution, my life is shit anyway. If something happens which pushes me further towards the rope I'm almost thankful.

IPVanish might be a honeypot, but so what. Same as above.
I agree with you, don't ever expect to be fully private, online ofcourse. that's why even when writing notes, i'm careful about sensitive information. (E.g. Google keep)

If the Facebook data scandal wasn't the wake-up call people needed to protect their information, hopefully these past few weeks will be. People are careless with their communications, public and private, and we are seeing the ramifications in a truly digital age. I admit I am not as secure as I would like to be, but that will change today. People will have to be more careful of how they proceed online because of how easy it is to expose someone. At a certain point, not being protected is your own fault

With public channels here in the US coming under scrutiny by brigades reminiscent to those of centuries past, it is important to make sure our private communications remain so. Many of us don't have or aren't active on social media so that wont matter to us. However, I want to ask what methods you guys plan on using to ensure the privacy of your communications. VPNs of course jump to mind and they are helpful as long as the government isn't after you
I'm curry I can get away with larping as a wignat. So I'm fine saying nigger all the time.

JFL at anyone coping believing the FBI doesn’t already know who everyone on this forum is. IDGAF what type of VPN you have.

i honestly dont give a shit what people know about me.

havent done anything illegal so they can cancel culture me all they want

It doesn't really matter.
It's literally impossible for someone to be truly anonymous on the internet.

Now this shit is not gonna help you if the glowniggers really take an interest in you but in general it's good to:

- get a linux OS on your laptop/desktop (microsoft and apple software is full of backdoors). install a beginner OS like Ubuntu or Manjaro.
- stop using Google, instead switch to Duckduckgo or searx.
- use Firefox (with add-ons Decentraleyes, Adnauseum and Duckduckgo Privacey Essentials) or use Brave browser
- if really paranoid use TOR browser. VPN is generally overrated anyway, VPN provider still knows what you browse, and these idiots get hacked all the time, and probably have backdoor deals with glowniggers).
- don't use social media in general. If you want to watch YT, use invidio.us client, for twitter use Nittr client.
- stop using gmail, use protonmail (if you are a superautist set up your own email server - very hard).
- stop using reddit accounts, use RSS to follow subreddits you find interesting (reddit is soy anyway).
- use old school RSS in general to stay updated on blogs/subreddits/websites you like etc
- dump your smartphone (like incels need phones lol) or consider getting a pine phone or linux phone when you need to upgrade your device.

Last edited:
Now this shit is not gonna help you if the glowniggers really take an interest in you but in general it's good to:

- get a linux OS on your laptop/desktop (microsoft and apple software is full of backdoors). install a beginner OS like Ubuntu or Manjaro.
- stop using Google, instead switch to Duckduckgo or searx.
- use Firefox (with add-ons Decentraleyes, Adnauseum and Duckduckgo Privacey Essentials) with or use Brave browser
- don't use social media in general. If you want to watch YT, use invidio.us client, for twitter use Nittr client.
- stop using gmail, use protonmail.
- stop using reddit accounts, use RSS to follow subreddits you find interesting (reddit is soy).
- use RSS in general to stay updated on blogs/subreddits etc
- dump your smartphone (like incels need phones lol) or consider getting a pine phone or linux phone when you need to upgrade your device.
Very detailed tips...nice

first... I plan to change all my current providers to open source or at least privacy-centric ones
second... migrate to linux