Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory The importance of always "making new memories"

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★
To be honest it seems a bit silly to label this thread as "theory" because it's pretty obvious but... oh well :)

I was thinking today about my life in the past. It was a really nice, pretty full life. And specific memories just stick in my head and... they feel like they kind of exist forever? It's strange. And like I could close my eyes and go back there in an instant.

But unfortunately I can't. They are in the past and living in the past... it's only a bit better than just living in a complete fantasy world, like imagining you live in a world from a video game or something.

Really... you have to make new memories. And for that you need good people and also to be doing good things with those people, I think.

It's so tempting to want to return to the past in some way (like contacting those people again - old friends or whatever) but... usually that doesn't seem to work out.

For me and probably many others it's about knowing how to make new memories now :)

Understanding the "formula" that makes new memories like that.

I'll leave this post here because it's quite long now. But I just wanted to share that thought I guess.

Last edited:
Nothing happens in my present , so i'm always tied to the past

Nothing happens in my present , so i'm always tied to the past

It is tough to make life really "pick up" sometimes. A lot of the doomer videos on youtube are about this feeling.

I'm so grateful and happy that I had those nice experiences in my past and I'm still the same person.

But it's inevitable that you will desire to STILL have nice experiences, not just think back to a time when they were happening.

Just one other thought I wanted to note down here. That... life... it reminds me of a computer. XD

I'll explain that.

What I mean is, with a desktop computer, you might change the graphics card then the CPU then the motherboard or whatever. And each of these changes feels big, but not totally huge. But over time, the computer is completely different. No parts are the same, or very few. That's like life with different "chapters".

And... if you replace old/broken parts with bad parts, eventually the computer (or life!) will be/feel bad.

Slightly silly analogy maybe but I think it works! :)

I don't make new memories since I'm a shut-in incel.

Normgroids and foids can look back on their photo albums and social media and see a record of all the vacations they took, places they went, and people they met over the years.

I have literally nothing to look back on

I remember skiing home in the full moonlight with the coyotes yelling on the ridge...
Normgroids and foids can look back on their photo albums and social media and see a record of all the vacations they took, places they went, and people they met over the years.

/\

Ah wow. Brave!

What was it like?
Nice. Sometimes my tent would semi collapse when it snow 3 feet. But it wasnt too bad. Warn n my sleebag. Had to sleep with my water and canned food to prevent them from freezing

Nice. Sometimes my tent would semi collapse when it snow 3 feet. But it wasnt too bad. Warn n my sleebag. Had to sleep with my water and canned food to prevent them from freezing

Ah wow. You were homeless at the time?

I actually watch a channel on youtube about stuff like this. I don't know if you've seen it. I've gotten hooked on channels like this before but this one is at least "real". Probably. Some of them are so fake.

I don't know if I'd like to do it but it's quite cool to see someone else doing it. I think survival is a fun concept at least to think about.

It's impressive you managed that. I hope it wasn't too tough >.<

Ah wow. You were homeless at the time?

I actually watch a channel on youtube about stuff like this. I don't know if you've seen it. I've gotten hooked on channels like this before but this one is at least "real". Probably. Some of them are so fake.

I don't know if I'd like to do it but it's quite cool to see someone else doing it. I think survival is a fun concept at least to think about.

It's impressive you managed that. I hope it wasn't too tough >.<
I had a tent in the woods. Therefore I had a home.

But that was before road and traffic cams too. I bet that area has a cam now.

I worked "day labor" (temp jobs) for food booze and cig money.

It was a good spot. My tent had layers.

Tiny a-frame sleeping area surrounded by big clear plastic. I could stand up in it. Daytime it would be 60°f inside and 0°f outside. I bathed in the frosty river. (Fast)/or snuck into the local resort for hot showers.

I saw lots of wolverines!

Damn! This is clever! Lol...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0NpNAJHSuA

I had a tent in the woods. Therefore I had a home.

But that was before road and traffic cams too. I bet that area has a cam now.

I worked "day labor" (temp jobs) for food booze and cig money.

It was a good spot. My tent had layers.

Tiny a-frame sleeping area surrounded by big clear plastic. I could stand up in it. Daytime it would be 60°f inside and 0°f outside. I bathed in the frosty river. (Fast)/or snuck into the local resort for hot showers.

I saw lots of wolverines!

Damn! This is clever! Lol...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0NpNAJHSuA

Ah wow I see. I've never attempted anything like that really. It's cool that you managed to make it work so well.

I've had days where I didn't know where I was going to sleep, but luckily I always found somewhere. My life more recently has been more stable though.

You have your own place now? I live in a share.

And yeah I watched that video actually! He's an imaginative guy, I think!

Ah wow I see. I've never attempted anything like that really. It's cool that you managed to make it work so well.

I've had days where I didn't know where I was going to sleep, but luckily I always found somewhere. My life more recently has been more stable though.

You have your own place now? I live in a share.

And yeah I watched that video actually! He's an imaginative guy, I think!
I lived like that for almost 20 years
I live In a rented trailer in rural south ussa.

It's chiep and I have lots of food. I'm working on mini solar to power my mini freezer and lights and fans...

Last edited:

It's chiep and I have lots of food. I'm working on mini solar to power my mini freezer and lights and fans...
What do you mean rented trailer :feelswhat:

Same

When I observe old men in restaurants, shops, the street, anywhere I observe their faces, whether they have happy face or sad, miserable, tragic ones.

I've concluded those with happy faces had a great youth, a great life, they have a wealth of happy memories to tap into and bring them happiness.
The latter conversely had bad, miserable lives, bad memories and no (or few, not enough) good memories to bring them joy.

Such is life.

Oh well that's good. As long as you're comfortable and stuff :)

I live in a houseshare in south east England.

I tend to like houseshares although it was more fun when I lived with students.

As for my next move... hm. I really don't know. I'm happy living with others but I wish I could find a way to live with people that I got along with better.

I also need to improve my money situation, but it's not too bad.

Are you in a trailer park? I always thought they looked quite sociable ^^

Oh well that's good. As long as you're comfortable and stuff :)

I live in a houseshare in south east England.

I tend to like houseshares although it was more fun when I lived with students.

As for my next move... hm. I really don't know. I'm happy living with others but I wish I could find a way to live with people that I got along with better.

I also need to improve my money situation, but it's not too bad.

Are you in a trailer park? I always thought they looked quite sociable ^^
No trailer park. I fcking hate them. I'd rather live under a bridge.

I've lived with other people a few times. It was OK.