Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The halo effect goes both ways

B

BermaPermannaculo

Officer
I was once at the bus and I was listening to a conversation,
I couldn't seen the faces of the people that were talking because they were sitting at the bottom of the bus
but I identified one voice that stood out among the others, it was a nice voice, and the things he was telling were also quite interesting, the guy seemed to be a traveler who traveled a lot trough different provinces, don't remember too much. But I though it would be a gl guy, When I stood up to descen at the stop, I saw the guy and it was nothing like I though, it was not attractive (I'm not gay but I think that there are faces that are confortable to watch and faces that not, whether the reason is because they are intimidating or ugly (deformed))

Kind of like the same happens to me here, sometimes I read super post, which have fantastic arguments and very well written up and explained. When I see those post I can not imagine that the guy who write that is bad looking, the only thing that naturally comes to mind is that who wrote that is at least a 7

So that, the halo effect goes bot ways, at least to me (at least to some degree) which means when somebody convey having nice IQ qualities I tend to think he/she (I don't have in mind any example with females but sure it has also happened) is good looking

I feel the same way, it's sad really. People's high iq thoughts or brilliant wordplay get reduced to nothing if their face is not up to par.

It's all so brutal

I feel the same way, it's sad really. People's high iq thoughts or brilliant wordplay get reduced to nothing if their face is not up to par.

It's all so brutal
Peelon Musk is going to fix this by neuralinking everybody's brains so that we all look amazing in each others brains. But the tradeoff is u have unskippable advertisements before you can go for a pee or poo.

Idk when I see high IQ posts I tend to think the person that typed that post out is not very attractive or active socially. Opposite for low IQ posts.

Idk when I see high IQ posts I tend to think the person that typed that post out is not very attractive or active socially. Opposite for low IQ posts.
I know, sometimes it also happens to me but, here's the thing, when I see a post whose creator give me those vibes, it's usually a post that is somewhat intelligent but still lacking a good argument, usually you will see a lot of comments on these post telling "highd IQ" but they aren't high IQ to me, but mediocre,