Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill The glassespill

Dubious_Company

Dubious_Company

Simpletoncel
★★
I was wondering about the influence of glasses on your percieved value and attarctiveness as a male, especially with the stigma of the ugly nerd wearing glasses. Because it seems to be an underexplored part of the blackpill
And so I came accross this article: https://www.realmenrealstyle.com/glasses-perception-intelligence/ which seems to be a somewhat :redpill: site but whatever

Feel free to scroll down and ignore all the quotes if you just want the quick rundown

Now lets look at the important parts of the article/study:

STUDY 1:​

Do different styles of glasses (or no glasses) affect which parts of the face an observer’s eyes are drawn to?​

In other words – do glasses draw more attention to the eyes?

To test this, they used eye tracking devices to see where observers’ eyes are drawn.

Pictures of various people wearing full-rimmed, rimless, and no glasses were shown to observers.

RESULTS:

Faces with full-rimmed glasses were rates as more distinctive than rimless or no glasses.

Full-rimmed glasses added more contrast to the eye region of a face, resulting in more attention being drawn to the eyes of the face than with no glasses.

Rimless glasses also resulted in more attention to the eyes.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

Full-framed eyeglasses draw attention to the eyes and make the wearer’s face more distinctive.

Rimless glasses draw some attention to the eyes (but are not as distinctive as full-framed eyeglasses).
As you can see, glasses draw attention to your eye area. For an incel this is very bad, since we tend to have bad eye areas. Prey-eyes, upper eyelid exposure and such things.

STUDY 4:​

Do glasses affect observers’ evaluations of a person’s personality traits and attractiveness?​

Pictures of randomized photos of people with full-rimmed glasses, rimless glasses, or no glasses were shown to participants.

Participants rated the photos on various personality traits.

RESULTS:​

Faces with glasses (both full-rimmed and rimless) were perceived as:​

• More successful (than no glasses)
  • More intelligent (than no glasses)
  • More trustworthy (than no glasses)

Faces without glasses were perceived as:​

• More attractive (than full-rimmed glasses)
Rimless glasses and no glasses were rated as equally attractive.

• More likeable (than full-rimmed glasses)
All three face types were equally rated on cooperativeness.
Faces without glasses are rated as more attractive and likeable.

That aside, there does seem to be plus points to the percieved successfulness, intelligence and trustworthiness of faces with glasses. However I feel like even those benefits are somewhat "back-handed", as I mentioned at the beginning of the post, this may just be due to the stigma of the "ugly nerd" who is smart and gets good grades, but is ultimately unattractive and insufferable. Trustworthy may just mean gullible in this context too.

The article provides this nice table, which for your and my convenience I will copy and paste :feelshaha:

No Glasses
Rimless GlassesFull-Framed Glasses
AttractivenessMoreMoreLess
DistinctivenessLessLessMore
Eye ContrastLessLessMore
Attention to EyesLessMoreMore
SuccessfulnessLessMoreMore
IntelligenceLessMoreMore
TrustworthinessLessMoreLess
LikeabilityMoreLessLess

To sum things up:

The bad:
-Glasses bring attention to your eye area: This of course is bad if you have prey eyes or anything of the sort
-Glasses make you take a hit to your percieved attractiveness
-I also saw this post when making the thread with an interesting insight:
Glasses besides being a sign of junk genetics are still a sign of failure
-Glasses are stigmatized (not confirmed in the study, just my two cents)

The good...?:
-They make you appear more trustworthy, intelligent and successful (As I explained earlier though, this comes accross as backhanded)

As for the source, as stated above I came accross this article: https://www.realmenrealstyle.com/glasses-perception-intelligence/ I later checked the original source: It is a peer reviewed scientific journal

Solutions

This knowledge may be used to our advantage:
-If your eye area is very good, but the rest of your face terrible, you may want to consider wearing fake glasses to get that bonus attention to your eye area, that aside if you have a round face, glasses may provide some structure to it
-If you do wear glasses, you may want to consider rimless glasses or optical lenses

Last edited:
without glasses I get cross-eyed in with glasses my eye area is 300% uglier :fuk:

Rimless glasses Chad here :chad:

I planned to start serious discussion about glasses but I'm too lazy. In general, glasses suck. Even Hitler avoided to wear glasses on public. Glasses make handsome men look uglier, make strong men look weaker. Everyone instinctively knows that glasses suck. Niggas just use various copes to make themselves believe that wearing glasses is normal.

good thread I plan on using contact lenses when im lean

Possible cope: glasses are a symmetrical feature on your face and this could offer an advantage if people are drawn to looking at it.

Symmetry is one facet of beauty, after all.

I have particularly severe astigmatism:

Astig

Severe Astigmatism: 2.00 to 3.00 diopter​

Severe astigmatism can cause serious symptoms that affect your day-to-day functioning. Blurred vision from severe astigmatism can give you headaches that can take a toll on your health.

Extreme Astigmatism: > 3.00 diopter​

Extreme astigmatism will require treatment so that you can see objects both near and far with ease. If you do not treat extreme astigmatism, you will not be able to see clearly at all.

Re: @eyeglass nerds

Subjective_Anon
Png

#190384408Friday, June 03, 2016 5:08 PM CDT
Glasses Are Such Beautiful Items. We Would All Look Quite Horrid Without Them.

Re: when some one takes my gasses
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#150787340Sunday, November 30, 2014 7:40 AM CST
"wot" The topic creator is referring to "Glasses".
Re: any of you people wear glasses?
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#151015764Wednesday, December 03, 2014 8:20 AM CST
Ah yes, glasses are excellent.

Last edited:
I planned to start serious discussion about glasses but I'm too lazy. In general, glasses suck. Even Hitler avoided to wear glasses on public. Glasses make handsome men look uglier, make strong men look weaker. Everyone instinctively knows that glasses suck. Niggas just use various copes to make themselves believe that wearing glasses is normal.
Why did Hitler avoid wearing glasses but Himmler wore them all his life ?

contact lenses

Glasses give you an innocuous excuse to guard your head: pretend you are adjusting your glasses. This more than makes up for everything in my book.

@Whitefeminineboy

@Whitefeminineboy
it's a bit redbill here.
It is not for nothing that there are hardly any actors who wear glasses because men without glasses are simply much more attractive.
Johnny Depp never wore glasses when filming and walked around blind (I forgot what eye disease he has)...
Everyone hates people who wear glasses and have an aversion to them.
I myself don't like women with high short-sightedness either

it's a bit redbill here.
It is not for nothing that there are hardly any actors who wear glasses because men without glasses are simply much more attractive.
Johnny Depp never wore glasses when filming and walked around blind (I forgot what eye disease he has)...
Everyone hates people who wear glasses and have an aversion to them.
:blackpill:
I myself don't like women with high short-sightedness either
Same

There are models who only wear glasses for a few photos because they get money from glasses manufacturers.
otherwise you always see them without glasses.
I depend on my glasses because otherwise I would be handicapped and unable to see.
I have a lot of trouble doing sports.
My life is restricted everywhere and my self-confidence is in the basement.
I often no longer dare to go shopping with my glasses on.

There are models who only wear glasses for a few photos because they get money from glasses manufacturers.
otherwise you always see them without glasses.
I depend on my glasses because otherwise I would be handicapped and unable to see.
I have a lot of trouble doing sports.
My life is restricted everywhere and my self-confidence is in the basement.
I often no longer dare to go shopping with my glasses on.
Will you have eye surgery in the future such as lasik for it ?