Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill The fear of being incel. Lynch's Elephant Man brief analysis.

• Thread starter Deleted member 16608
  • Start date
Deleted member 16608

Deleted member 16608

lower than whale shit
-

just thought I'd share.

This is a little too high IQ for my dumb ass

This film hit hard when I first saw it. Not that I'm deformed like Mr. Merrick, but my cerebral palsy serves a similar purpose in alienating me from most people.

There also seems to be a deeply ingrained belief, across human cultures, that an ugly body is invariably home to an ugly soul. (Richard III for example.) In reality, of course, the interaction between physical appearance and inner character is a very complex feedback-loop. If you're born ugly, people often treat you less than nicely. This in turn can engender bitterness and low self-esteem. Which in turn may negatively affect things like posture, personal grooming, etc. Sometimes I'm sad because people, for all our collective technological advances, are still so primitive in their social interactions.

This film hit hard when I first saw it. Not that I'm deformed like Mr. Merrick, but my cerebral palsy serves a similar purpose in alienating me from most people.

There also seems to be a deeply ingrained belief, across human cultures, that an ugly body is invariably home to an ugly soul. (Richard III for example.) In reality, of course, the interaction between physical appearance and inner character is a very complex feedback-loop. If you're born ugly, people often treat you less than nicely. This in turn can engender bitterness and low self-esteem. Which in turn may negatively affect things like posture, personal grooming, etc. Sometimes I'm sad because people, for all our collective technological advances, are still so primitive in their social interactions.

I think there is a paradoxical looks threshold that humanity tolerates. If you are a war veteran with battle scars, missing limbs, or a woman who had acid thrown on her face, people will sympathize because those afflictions were caused by external circumstances. The more freakish genetic disorders like progeria or elephantitis can also be explained away and some pity them. It is the minor defects, such as recessed chins, large eyes, jawline, etc. that people are too afraid to admit they find disgusting and treat those with disdain.

The biggest blackpilling I had was getting corrective surgery for my hunchback and kyphosis. I went from a freak to passable and the amount of respect I gained was shocking. It made me realize people are superficial and judge people solely on looks. Did I suddenly develop a stunning personality because of a now straightened spine? If anything, I became more bitter yet people treated me kinder post-surgery.

I think the immediate judgement and unwillingness to consider someone's personality seperate from their looks stems from laziness and evolutionary psychology. Maybe there was a point where ugliness equated to predatory behavior, rape, or something that effected the tribe. As technology advances to correct physical deformities, I wonder if people will let go of this genetic determinism?

Last edited:
elephant man seems like such a hard watch similar to eraser head

The movie was one of the most saddest things I’ve ever watched ,it was so so sad ,especially “im not an animal I’m a human being “ scene ,great movie btw ,at least the elephant man has legacy