Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion The dopaminergic circuitry and loneliness

Your pleasure neuronal circuit

• somewhat functional

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I.N.C.E.L.S. Boss

I.N.C.E.L.S. Boss

Kept you waitin, huh
★★★★★
I find it really hard to find pleasure in anything, waking up & going to work & such feels like a tremendous task.
Haven't actually washed the dishes nor cleaned my appartment in a month.

psychologytoday.com/us/blog/brain-chemistry/201712/the-neuroscience-loneliness
Matthews and collaborators found that dopaminergic neurons in a brain region called the dorsal raphe nucleus were activated in response to acute social isolation and triggered the motivation to search for and re-engage in social interactions."
I failed my dopaminergic system boost to get a social circle and now my dopamine neurons are fried from the social rejection. :feelstastyman:

They studied mice that were either housed together or isolated, and tracked their reactions when they were introduced to a new mouse.
  • Mice that had been isolated until that point showed remarkably high activity in that brain region, which motivated them to interact with the new mouse in the cage.
  • On the other hand, mice that were already interacting with other mice (i.e., the mice housed together) showed a lack of interest in the new kid on the block.
This would explain why NT people are hostile to anyone that wants to get in their group and thus the bullying. :feelshehe:

I wish I could find pleasure in something, but my pleasure neuronal circuitry is done for. :feelsbadman:

Last edited:
Bookmarked and HIGH IQ post

thanks brocel :feelsokman:
but my threads rarely get replied to. :feelsping:
I'm here to reply it
Giphysadasd

My brain is absolutely fried from the never ending rejection. Thanks for this post brocel

Fried as fuk