Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News The Doomsday Clock has been set to "100 seconds to Midnight."

What do you think of the world being 100 seconds away from Midnight?

• Based

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Fail

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Dank

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Cringe

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Kek

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Yikes!

• HNNNG-

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • REEEEEEE!!!

• Bruh

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Epic

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★

In case anyone's never heard of it, there's this think tank called The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, who have, since 1947, been analyzing the state of the world and stuff and gauging how close we are to human extinction. And they express their findings through what they call the Doomsday Clock. It tells us how close we are to the world ending. Originally it was measured by nuclear proliferation. Today's it's measured by a whole host of things, like climate change and the spread of killer diseases.

We're at 100 seconds now. Closer than we've ever been in history. Compare it to 1953, when we were "2 minutes to Midnight." Because the Operation Ivy nuclear tests were launched.

To celebrate Doomsday Clock Day, I think we should listen to this.

Never heard of it ngl

What happend? I though tensions with Iran cooled down.

Everyone dies before they get to start euthanizing incels. Victory

Everyone dies before they get to start euthanizing incels. Victory
Its probably doomsdaying/overdramatizing everything tbh. I always find predictions like this to never happen, for better or worse.

Jfl@(((nuclear-weapons))).lol

Go commit Watchmen Comic Covers

What does 100 seconds stand for?

I'm confused. Wdym by the world being X minutes away from midnight? What does that mean. R u sying world ends in 100 seconds.

It's arbitrary, it just means "Really really really pushing it." For instance, the clock started at "7 Minutes to Midnight" in 1947, because the atomic bomb had been invented. But then the Soviet Union started making bombs, and the United States started making bombs in responds, officially starting the nuclear arms race. So the Bulletin was "This is terrible we're in a terrible situation. Let's rate the terribleness of this situation at a '3 Minutes to Midnight.'"

It's like the decile scale for rating faces. Technically subjective. What is an 8? What is "100 seconds?"

It's arbitrary, it just means "Really really really pushing it." For instance, the clock started at "7 Minutes to Midnight" in 1947, because the atomic bomb had been invented. But then the Soviet Union started making bombs, and the United States started making bombs in responds, officially starting the nuclear arms race. So the Bulletin was "This is terrible we're in a terrible situation. Let's rate the terribleness of this situation at a '3 Minutes to Midnight.'"

It's like the decile scale for rating faces. Technically subjective. What is an 8? What is "100 seconds?"
Oh ok thank you. I don't think the world is going to blow up or anything but society seems to be rotting faster and faster as the days go by.

Can it please just happen already

that seems kind of useless as a scale then tbh. It seems 100% opinionated and based on who was voting it would be different times.

Wont the time just keep exponentially getting smaller as tensions come and go, until eventually it'll be at 0.0003 picoseconds but nothing has happened yet

that seems kind of useless as a scale then tbh. It seems 100% opinionated and based on who was voting it would be different times.

These are experts, so we trust their word.

Wont the time just keep exponentially getting smaller as tensions come and go, until eventually it'll be at 0.0003 picoseconds but nothing has happened yet

Theoretically there's a point of no return where the world is effectively over. There's a Midnight. Theoretically.

Let's all cheer for the Wu Flu.

Wutangnigga

I want to bathe in nuclear hellfire.

arbitrary number, I think they know that if they say "We're at mightnight," then they'll really look stupid if the world doesn't end for humanity

Let the missiles fly already

arbitrary number, I think they know that if they say "We're at mightnight," then they'll really look stupid if the world doesn't end for humanity

They're experts, so if they say "We're at Midnight" that means there is no going back, the world is ending.

Is this what the Watchmen comic was based on?

....no? o.0
I'm talking about this
View attachment 193796

I wanna say no, but also kinda yes? The new Watchmen comic series "Doomsday Clock" definitely is, but the original Watchmen isn't specifically based on the Doomsday Clock, but it's based on a lot of things. It's based on Cold War tension as a whole, which includes stuff like the atomic era, which includes the Doomsday Clock.

where is the "ok" option

Yes let’s totally believe soemthing that said the world would end nearly 100 years ago JFL

I wanna say no, but also kinda yes? The new Watchmen comic series "Doomsday Clock" definitely is, but the original Watchmen isn't specifically based on the Doomsday Clock, but it's based on a lot of things. It's based on Cold War tension as a whole, which includes stuff like the atomic era, which includes the Doomsday Clock.
:feelsYall:

Yes let’s totally believe soemthing that said the world would end nearly 100 years ago JFL

They didn't say the world would end nearly 100 years ago, they were measuring how close we were to the world ending.

They didn't say the world would end nearly 100 years ago, they were measuring how close we were to the world ending.
Didnt u say something about like 1947

The doomsday clock is gay

wooooooooooooooo

Tbh I would count down like normies do on new years if I could

Fucking stupid is what I think.

Those assholes have no greater knowledge than any of us when and if the world is going to end in a nuclear war/someother doomsday styled catastrophe.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back