Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal The depravity knows no end (Take the societal Overton window pill)

SayanimCel

SayanimCel

Blackpill active measures
I was talking with somebody earlier today about how idyllic the 50s seemed in comparison to today, and they said something that actually changed my perspective, unexpectedly

If people from the 1880s could see the state of society in the 1950s they would be astonished at how society had changed, and would most likely perceive the 50s as an era of degeneracy and depravity (relative to their own time)

Think about that. The era people today almost laugh at thinking about how distant in memory and cultural sensibilities it was, seen as the symbolic decade of traditionalism, would have been seen as degenerate and depraved to men just a few decades prior.

I think people should bare this in mind with regard to modern society and understand that there is no limit to how depraved and filthy society can become because with each generation the sensibilities of society at large changes to a group who have only ever known things to be like that, and then when things get worse their children will only ever know a society where things are that bad meaning it'll be normal to them, and then the same for their children, into infinity...

I often think about these kind of things (cultural decay) when I'm forced to venture into an urban area I live adjacent to and where I see the kinds of clothing its considered acceptable for women to dress in in public nowadays. Literal prostitutes in the 19th century dressed more conservatively than modern 12-year-old girls

Sometimes I don't even know what to say when I think about how corrupted the human race in the western world has become. Anyway, just thought I'd write down my thoughts on the matter

Last edited:
I would argue its not just the people of the 1880s who would have said that but people of most generations. its kind of the same thing with masculinity since we have records of almost every single generations that ever existed complaining about how the new generation is losing is masculinity and becoming more weaker and more feminized but are men really that much weaker compared to 3000 years ago bc according to the complaints they should have gotten considerably weaker every single generation. Culture is always changing maybe for the worst or the better but to say that society has always been degenerating solely depends on your values I guess but I just think you could easily argue that society is much better Today from a cultural standpoint, bc off all the freedoms that we have now and such compared to then but again this depends solely on your values.

I would argue its not just the people of the 1880s who would have said that but people of most generations. its kind of the same thing with masculinity since we have records of almost every single generations that ever existed complaining about how the new generation is losing is masculinity and becoming more weaker and more feminized but are men really that much weaker compared to 3000 years ago bc according to the complaints they should have gotten considerably weaker every single generation. Culture is always changing maybe for the worst or the better but to say that society has always been degenerating solely depends on your values I guess but I just think you could easily argue that society is much better Today from a cultural standpoint, bc off all the freedoms that we have now and such compared to then but again this depends solely on your values.
Bringing up pre-Industrial Revolution times isn't relevant. The state of the human race remained almost stagnant for thousands of years prior to that.

You speak as if men seeing how future generations of men are becoming less and less masculine is a social construct like a leftist - do you not believe that that is true?

Furthermore, in your last line where you say, "you could easily argue that society is much better today because of all the freedoms that we have now," what the fuck are you talking about? Can you present me with a single freedom men today have that they didn't decades ago? I can think of plenty that WOMEN have that they didn't in the past, but not men. If you honestly call yourself a "blackpilled incel" but believe that there is any argument to be made that men TODAY have it easier than their fathers' and grandfathers' generations, I don't know what to even say. You have either not properly thought through what you wrote, or hold leftist views which run contrary to your self-interest as an incel male

Bringing up pre-Industrial Revolution times isn't relevant. The state of the human race remained almost stagnant for thousands of years prior to that.

You speak as if men seeing how future generations of men are becoming less and less masculine is a social construct like a leftist - do you not believe that that is true?

Furthermore, in your last line where you say, "you could easily argue that society is much better today because of all the freedoms that we have now," what the fuck are you talking about? Can you present me with a single freedom men today have that they didn't decades ago? I can think of plenty that WOMEN have that they didn't in the past, but not men. If you honestly call yourself a "blackpilled incel" but believe that there is any argument to be made that men TODAY have it easier than their fathers' and grandfathers' generations, I don't know what to even say. You have either not properly thought through what you wrote, or hold leftist views which run contrary to your self-interest as an incel male
first off saying that the state of the human race remained almost stagnant for a thousands of years prior to the industrial revolution is a gross misreading of history

I do believe that man are becoming somewhat less masculine and weaker but I definitely think this is overblown by people like redpillers that was kind of my point.

I meant to compare society nowadays in 2023 to 1880 not 1950. And I can give a plethora of different rights I would not have had in 1880 that I do have now such as the right to vote and right to education. My point was that you can easily argue that ( as in its not an ridiculous position) but not that I myself hold those opinions. Also you have to realise that I am brown skinned so I don't know if it would have necessarily been better for me had if been born in 1950 for example. I do think that culture has become way more degenerate and flawed in many ways compared to 1950 but I also think that in some ways its a lot better now in other ways, at least for me.

Last edited:
first off saying that the state of the human race remained almost stagnant for a thousands of years prior to the industrial revolution is a gross misreading of history

I do believe that man are becoming somewhat less masculine and weaker but I definitely think this is overblown by people like redpillers that was kind of my point.

I meant to compare society nowedays in 2023 to 1880 not 1950. And I can give a plethora of different rights I would not have had in 1880 that I do have now such as the right to vote and right to education.
First line response: its a literal fact. Median wealth and income in ancient Rome was comparable to Europeans in the year 1500. Very little technological change (which is the driver of societal change in most cases) up until the mid-18th century (Industrial Revolution)

Second line: I'm not a redpiller. By any conceivable metric men today are less masculine, e.g. declining sperm counts, testosterone levels, the fact that men today are wifing up women they wouldn't have even looked twice at 70 years ago, the rates of faggotry and transgenderism, etc.

Third line: I can't think of any rights I wouldn't have had in 1950, or 1880 for that matter. Also jfl at using the term "right to an education" seriously, overwhelming majority of young men would benefit from state education services never existing and not having to obtain a stupid piece of paper to qualify one to work and earn an income - you're clearly being intentionally ambiguous with that last line, I'm assuming it means you're ethnic, but I don't know - it screams NT normalfaggotry to me that when someone speaks of "rights" and "freedoms" your first thought is "the right to an education" :soy: there are far more nuanced and socially enforced freedoms that come with living in a society that affect men on a much more profound level than whether they can vote in a fake, rigged election that literally changes nothing

Also jfl at using the term "right to an education" seriously, overwhelming majority of young men would benefit from state education services never existing and not having to obtain a stupid piece of paper to qualify one to work and earn an income - you're clearly being intentionally ambiguous with that last line, I'm assuming it means you're ethnic
maybe its different from were you live but before those laws to right of education were instated I would have had to work in a factory doing severely underpaid child labour as a six year old for 10 hours a day. you grossly underestimate how fcked it was in 1880, literally only a good time to be alive if you were in in top 5% of wealth why the fuck do you think communism became a thing in the first place. also yes I am ethnic so in a lot of ways society has improved for me. but i also agree with you that in a lot of ways society has become way more degenerate

I would have had to work in a factory doing severely underpaid child labour as a six year old for 10 hours a day
Alright, yeah that's true, so would I probably (guessing we're both based in the UK). I more meant things that exclusively were the result of societal norms, and not the economic conditions of the time. Not saying everything was hunky dory back then, just that it was substantially more conservative

Life can only get so much better but it can get infinitely worse. :feelsclown:

People with your mindset should be forced to teleport back to the 1880s or whatever old society you retards worship. No technology, no good tasting foods, nothing besides church and writing. Have fun!

Tired of this boring, uncreative, totally based in falsehood “modern degeneracy” take, like humans were perfect beings back a century ago.

People with your mindset should be forced to teleport back to the 1880s or whatever old society you retards worship. No technology, no good tasting foods, nothing besides church and writing. Have fun!

Tired of this boring, uncreative, totally based in falsehood “modern degeneracy” take, like humans were perfect beings back a century ago.
You either only read the first two paragraphs and then commented or have incredibly poor comprehension skills. I never said, or even intimated, that I wished to live in the year 1880 (you could have seen that by my last reply in the thread).

The point I made was that what is seen as socially acceptable resets per generation as the next crop of young people grow up in a time where that is the new norm. I referenced the 1880s and the 1950s as an example to demonstrate this as while we today view the latter as incredibly traditional and conservative, it would have been remarkably liberal and non-traditional to the sensibilities of those just a few generations earlier.

Someone more intelligent than yourself would have been able to infer that this historical cultural change was being referenced to prove a point that modern degeneracy follows the same generational principle and that people whom believe things can't get any worse today are in fact false, they really can