Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Succession's success proves undoing the 'girlboss' trope is better

SlayerSlayer

SlayerSlayer

COMPLY WITH MY FUCKING pronoun (it)
★★★★★
Hate to admit I watch such a normie show that's awfully boring at times, but other times it pays off big. And one of those ways in which that pays off is with the main female protagonist, who is basically a failed 'girlboss'

I was worried, practically convinced, that the writers would make her OP and eventually own all the boys as a some Rey style woke hero-- but spoiler alert-- they do the exact opposite. And it's just a lot more realistic and dramatically substantial that way. She's ends up being a bit of a morally bankrupt virtue signaller, not as smart as she thinks, gets overconfident, pregnant with a kid she sort of doesn't want, betrayed and cucked by her family and husband, and cries when her asshole dad dies like any other female does. I'm surprised to say even relatively woke people like this more grounded depiction of what the female experience is like too. BECAUSE EVEN WOKE PEOPLE KNOW DEEP DOWN GIRLBOSSES ARE FULL OF SHIT TOO JUST LIKE ANY BOSS.

The show's depiction of women is just realistic. Of course logan gets away with being a womanizing bastard, and he has a rotation, can date bitches younger than his kids and they'd flock to him, and everyone just kind of accepts that's how he rolls.

Last edited:
I’m glad to see another appreciator of Succession. It’s one of the few live action shows I have been able to stomach since 2015. Most of the shows since then have been boring or compromised what could have been a good story with progressive BS as a sort of cultural pushback to the growing right wing.

Succession is a breath of fresh air and is simply the best thing airing. The show has so far resisted the urge to beat the audience over the head with girl boss shit like you mentioned. Compare this to the shit shows HBO has put out recently like House of the Dragon or Last of Us which is filled with nonsensical girl power moments.

I think you’ve described Shiv perfectly, but the show also blatantly lampoons gold diggers in the form of Marcia and Willa and shows how cruel foids can be through the worst bitch of all, Caroline. I truly cannot think of the last show that was willing to show a female can do wrong without trying to pin it on some oppressive male character.

If you’re a fan of this show, you might also like Jesse’s next biggest work, the Peep Show. It’s a pretty good cringe comedy based in the UK. While that show does have some pretty gay shit towards the end, for 90% of its run it’s simply funny and properly satirical. Luckily, there’s been enough common sense to prevent Succession from becoming compromised. I remember when retards on Reddit actually thought the show was going to make Tom and Greg gay when it would make literally no sense in the show. I guess they thought this was a Netflix production

I’m glad to see another appreciator of Succession. It’s one of the few live action shows I have been able to stomach since 2015. Most of the shows since then have been boring or compromised what could have been a good story with progressive BS as a sort of cultural pushback to the growing right wing.

Succession is a breath of fresh air and is simply the best thing airing. The show has so far resisted the urge to beat the audience over the head with girl boss shit like you mentioned. Compare this to the shit shows HBO has put out recently like House of the Dragon or Last of Us which is filled with nonsensical girl power moments.

I think you’ve described Shiv perfectly, but the show also blatantly lampoons gold diggers in the form of Marcia and Willa and shows how cruel foids can be through the worst bitch of all, Caroline. I truly cannot think of the last show that was willing to show a female can do wrong without trying to pin it on some oppressive male character.

If you’re a fan of this show, you might also like Jesse’s next biggest work, the Peep Show. It’s a pretty good cringe comedy based in the UK. While that show does have some pretty gay shit towards the end, for 90% of its run it’s simply funny and properly satirical. Luckily, there’s been enough common sense to prevent Succession from becoming compromised. I remember when retards on Reddit actually thought the show was going to make Tom and Greg gay when it would make literally no sense in the show. I guess they thought this was a Netflix production
Mark in peep show is fucking relatable aside from his ability to be more sexually successful than me,and his ability to tolerate douchebag roomies. But in my bluepilled days I have made even more embarassing advances than his character while looking like an alien chink manlet

Mark in peep show is fucking relatable aside from his ability to be more sexually successful than me,and his ability to tolerate douchebag roomies. But in my bluepilled days I have made even more embarassing advances than his character while looking like an alien chink manlet
I’m shocked Mark tolerated Jeremy for so long, but luckily he wised up towards the end. A guy like Mark would definitely be browsing some incel forum nowadays. I imagine pulling any of his stunts towards Sophie or that shoe store girl would result in sexual harassment claims nowadays. It’s crazy how much expectations changed in not even two decades.

can't relate to your amerimutt entertainment

The show gets away with this because it’s making fun of rich people. If this was middle class it would’ve probably gotten into a controversy tbh