Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Suburbia creates incels

W

willystroker

Captain
★★★★
In the suburbs (in NA, IDK about rest of the world) you can live without saying a word to other people. Just drive to work, go to your cubicle without speaking to co-workers, or work from home, go to the drive-through to get food, or self-checkout at the grocery, then drive home and do whatever until the next day. I've basically lived like that for the past 3 years, even since I was 16 in a way. Doing that for you entire life, no wonder you end up isolated and depressed.

Maybe this happens in the city too, but I've never lived in a city, however I've visited them and it seems like since you're surrounded by people and things to do there's an incentive to go out and be active. Whereas in the suburbs it's almost like the perfect environment for an asocial sperg. You rarely even have to see other people let alone interact with them, and the most interesting thing is going on in your home (TV, computer or solitary hobbies). Whereas in a city there's lots of places to go within walking distance, if you don't live in a ghetto or slum at least.

Recently I experienced living in the countryside (I slept in a camper with my dad) and although I expected it to be just like the suburbs, somehow it was completely different. Maybe because there are less things to do in the house, since TV and internet sucked, and there's quite a lot to do outside. Also I think people tend to know their neighbors since they rely on them for things. It felt completely different there, I didn't want to just stay inside, I wanted to go out and do things. Whereas in the suburbs everything outside is boring, I only want to stay in my room and rot away on the computer.

maybe but I'm autistic so I'd be incel no matter what. I fucking love suburbia ngl the city and small town can't compare .

Last edited:
maybe but I'm autistic so I'd be incel no matter what. I fucking love suburbia ngl the city and small town can't compare .
Probably you wouldn't be 'autistic', or not nearly as much, if you weren't raised in the suburbs. But now that you are, of course suburbs are the best place to live.

Probably you wouldn't be 'autistic', or not nearly as much, if you weren't raised in the suburbs. But now that you are, of course suburbs are the best place to live.
used to be lower middle class and didn't live in the suburbs as a little kid. great o know yur another "autism is a social construct" guy.

Just live in europe theory

just degrade your overall quality of life theory.
Europe has the best quality of life, other than slavic shitholes. America is only good if you're rich or HTN+.

hang out in kava bars

In the suburbs (in NA, IDK about rest of the world) you can live without saying a word to other people. Just drive to work, go to your cubicle without speaking to co-workers, or work from home, go to the drive-through to get food, or self-checkout at the grocery, then drive home and do whatever until the next day. I've basically lived like that for the past 3 years, even since I was 16 in a way. Doing that for you entire life, no wonder you end up isolated and depressed.

Maybe this happens in the city too, but I've never lived in a city, however I've visited them and it seems like since you're surrounded by people and things to do there's an incentive to go out and be active. Whereas in the suburbs it's almost like the perfect environment for an asocial sperg. You rarely even have to see other people let alone interact with them, and the most interesting thing is going on in your home (TV, computer or solitary hobbies). Whereas in a city there's lots of places to go within walking distance, if you don't live in a ghetto or slum at least.

Recently I experienced living in the countryside (I slept in a camper with my dad) and although I expected it to be just like the suburbs, somehow it was completely different. Maybe because there are less things to do in the house, since TV and internet sucked, and there's quite a lot to do outside. Also I think people tend to know their neighbors since they rely on them for things. It felt completely different there, I didn't want to just stay inside, I wanted to go out and do things. Whereas in the suburbs everything outside is boring, I only want to stay in my room and rot away on the computer.
Based thread. This logic goes for any socially isolating environment but yeah NA suburbs can suck if you’re introverted. Moving to a suburb as a teen or young adult when you’re already sort of introverted is mega brutal sometimes considering that fact that there’s no incentive for people to interact with one another, it’s a design problem.

What is suburbs and what is countryside for you, westerners? Russians tend to live in apartments, legacy from ussr, nice cozy stuff