Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal [STUDY] Social isolation increases mortality by up to 50% and is as bad as smoking 15 cigarettes per day (5 STUDIES)

So I have several studies here to show. The links to the studies are found at the end of this post

Study number 1: Not being lonely reduces your mortality rate by 50%, far exceeding many other health factors

Data across 308,849 individuals, followed for an average of 7.5 years, indicate that individuals with adequate social relationships have a 50% greater likelihood of survival compared to those with poor or insufficient social relationships. The magnitude of this effect is comparable with quitting smoking and it exceeds many well-known risk factors for mortality (e.g., obesity, physical inactivity).

The overall effect remained consistent across a number of factors, including age, sex, initial health status, follow-up period, and cause of death, suggesting that the association between social relationships and mortality may be general, and efforts to reduce risk should not be isolated to subgroups such as the elderly.

To draw a parallel, many decades ago high mortality rates were observed among infants in custodial care (i.e., orphanages), even when controlling for pre-existing health conditions and medical treatment [201][204]. Lack of human contact predicted mortality. The medical profession was stunned to learn that infants would die without social interaction. This single finding, so simplistic in hindsight, was responsible for changes in practice and policy that markedly decreased mortality rates in custodial care settings. Contemporary medicine could similarly benefit from acknowledging the data: Social relationships influence the health outcomes of adults.

Study number 2: Loneliness is bad for your health, increases mortality by 26% on average, going up to 48% for the top quintile of isolation

The sample size was 6500 people, all over the age of 52. (after all normies only care about the isolation of old people or just pretend like only old people suffer from that)

Socially isolated individuals are at increased risk for the development of cardiovascular disease (3), infectious illness (4), cognitive deterioration (5), and mortality (69). Social isolation also has been associated with elevated blood pressure, C-reactive protein, and fibrinogen (10, 11) and with heightened inflammatory and metabolic responses to stress (12, 13).
[...]
Loneliness itself has been linked with increased risk of cardiovascular disease and mortality (1518), elevated blood pressure and cortisol (1921), heightened inflammatory responses to stress (22, 23), and modifications in transcriptional pathways linked with glucocorticoid and inflammatory processes (24).

after adjusting statistically for demographic factors and baseline health, social isolation remained significantly associated with mortality (hazard ratio 1.26, 95% confidence interval, 1.08–1.48 for the top quintile of isolation)

Study number 3: Social isolation is as powerful as other classical health factors such as high blood pressure and smoking

Sample size: Almost 17 000. More of the same, I won't be copypasting much, the graphs in the study are really nice.

Results. Socially isolated men and women had worse unadjusted survival curves than less socially isolated individuals. Cox models revealed that social isolation predicted mortality for both genders, as did smoking and high blood pressure.

Clink on the link below if you want to see cool graphs

Study number 4: Social isolation is as bad as smoking 15 cigarettes per day

Unfortunately I can't find the study itself. It was supposedly conducted by the AARP and published in a journal, but the links i've found to the study give me an error. If anyone can find the study it would be cool. I do have a link to an official pdf from the AARP that mentions this fact on page 3

According to a study published last year in Perspectives on Psychological Science, the health effects of prolonged isolation are equivalent to smoking 15 cigarettes a day. [broken link]

Study number 5: Loneliness could be considered a disease based on the consequences it has on human health

Loneliness may be pathognomic of depression in old age. It is reported to be more dangerous than smoking[1]; high degree of loneliness precipitates suicidal ideation and para-suicide,[2] Alzheimer's disease, and other dementia[3,4] and adversely affects the immune and cardio-vascular system.[5] It is a generally accepted opinion that loneliness results in a decline of well-being and has an adverse effect on physical health, possibly through immunologic impairment or neuro-endocrine changes.[6] Loneliness is thus, among the latent causes of hospitalization and of placement in nursing homes.[7]

Loneliness predisposes a person to physical diseases too as it has an adverse impact on immune, cardiovascular, and endocrine system.[32] Consistent, overwhelming and pervasive loneliness develops stress and ultimately culminates into serious physical disease. Feeling of loneliness and being alone were found to be independent predictors of motor decline in old age.[33] Loneliness was also found to be an independent predictor of mortality and functional decline after controlling for depression.[34] It also leads to memory impairment and learning difficulties, and makes the person prone to Alzheimer's disease.[35] A Dutch study reports that people who feel lonely are more likely to develop clinical dementia over a period of 3 years compared to those who do not experience loneliness.[36]

Study 5 also delves into the differences between loneliness and solitude, risk factors of social isolation etc. It's a decent read. Though they quote a study that said that women are more socially isolated than men jfl. It's in india though so who knows

Links of studies 1 to 5 (4 is missing)

Last edited:
I was planning on roping anyway...

The funny, rage inducing thing here is that such research papers/scientific facts become known ONLY when normies/stacychads suffer.
Boohoo quarantine.

My Dad always said it's not good for a man to be alone, and he was very fucking right.

Well it certaintly feels like im dying due to social isolation so the fact that it shortens lifespan by such a drastic percentage does not surprise me.

Leftists: free health care for everyone!!
Also leftists: you aren't entitled to free health care, inkler

Leftists: free health care for everyone!!
Also leftists: you aren't entitled to free health care, inkler
They love to promote "health care" for morbidly obese fat fucks who chose their lifestyle, which costs a fortune.

And yet they hate the simplest of health care (being someone's friend/gf) which is free.

Ch4d

My Dad always said it's not good for a man to be alone, and he was very fucking right.
At least he seems to care abut you i guess

Good news for me. Death is the only thing I am waiting for.

so , me being forever alone and chainsmoking at the same time ,
i embrace my death at 30 .

Kek, like I wanted to live longer anyway.

So being ugly is now technically considered unhealthy? and here I thought looks didn't matter :soy:

How exactly does it kill you / worsen your health? That part I don't get it

Wow the mind is really powerful it can literally kill you prematurely jfl

This also explains why women live longer than men. They go through their whole lives never feeling loneliness while men do most of their lives.

Between a rock and a hard place.
Women never face loneliness or sexlessness and can leech off their husbands.

they have never been oppressed in the slightest

We've somehow managed to survive as long as we did on this shit. Normies & all foids would die in 5 seconds flat if they experienced a lick of actual loneliness.

We've somehow managed to survive as long as we did on this shit. Normies & all foids would die in 5 seconds flat if they experienced a lick of actual loneliness.
Remember how much they bitched about the corona lockdown? Within the first 1-2 weeks.This should tell you everything.

Well shit
I used to wear that like a badge of honor. Now not so much. We get used to being slapped around by existence and become hardened and numb. What good is getting adept at being a isolated loser?

Last edited:
Yeah, I wonder what's with people who feel no intrinsic desire for socializing? Does it affect them too?
It probably does still affect them in some way

at least i die faster.Imagine if living as an incel made you live for a 1000 years.Shit i would have gone insane kek.I am already going insane lel

Fuck fuck fuck.

do online friends count?

I've been shut in for like more than half a year (thanks bat virus)
been significantly depressed ever since

Doesn't matter, you're not entitled inkel teehee. Now give me free abortions and handouts.

Anti-incels won’t touch this.

Loneliness increases a person’s risk of mortality by 26 percent, an effect comparable to the health risks posed by obesity, according to a study published this year.

Well... Where are you, Mr. Death?

Wonder what happens if social isolation + smokes :feelshaha:

That’s some lifefuel tbh, I won’t have to go through this for too long. Maybe in 10 years I’ll be dead, that’ll be better this way...

more brutal every time

Yet rosties think they're entitled to our taxes, because it's "the right thing to do". Meanwhile when we want something that keeps us alive and healthy they tell us "we're not entitled" to it. Uncucked men need to stop pay taxes to used whores.

Yet rosties think they're entitled to our taxes, because it's "the right thing to do". Meanwhile when we want something that keeps us alive and healthy they tell us "we're not entitled" to it. Uncucked men need to stop pay taxes to used whores.

Remember how much they bitched about the corona lockdown? Within the first 1-2 weeks.This should tell you everything.
Unironically lifefuel. Means we are twenty times stronger than Normies. But also suifuel because we are cucking our own system

More women are diagnosed with depression, :soy::soy:

I allready knew that. And sexual starvation does the same

Not surprising but might be for the best fuck this life

Last edited:
It doenst kill fast enough imo

I really dont care if I live 50 or 70 years, 20 years at those ages means nothing when my teens and 20s are fucked

I wish being lonely would shorten your lifespan by like 90% and kill me before 25
tbh
So being ugly is now technically considered unhealthy? and here I thought looks didn't matter :soy:

Last edited:
So I have several studies here to show. The links to the studies are found at the end of this post

Study number 1: Not being lonely reduces your mortality rate by 50%, far exceeding many other health factors

Data across 308,849 individuals, followed for an average of 7.5 years, indicate that individuals with adequate social relationships have a 50% greater likelihood of survival compared to those with poor or insufficient social relationships. The magnitude of this effect is comparable with quitting smoking and it exceeds many well-known risk factors for mortality (e.g., obesity, physical inactivity).

The overall effect remained consistent across a number of factors, including age, sex, initial health status, follow-up period, and cause of death, suggesting that the association between social relationships and mortality may be general, and efforts to reduce risk should not be isolated to subgroups such as the elderly.

To draw a parallel, many decades ago high mortality rates were observed among infants in custodial care (i.e., orphanages), even when controlling for pre-existing health conditions and medical treatment [201][204]. Lack of human contact predicted mortality. The medical profession was stunned to learn that infants would die without social interaction. This single finding, so simplistic in hindsight, was responsible for changes in practice and policy that markedly decreased mortality rates in custodial care settings. Contemporary medicine could similarly benefit from acknowledging the data: Social relationships influence the health outcomes of adults.

Study number 2: Loneliness is bad for your health, increases mortality by 26% on average, going up to 48% for the top quintile of isolation

The sample size was 6500 people, all over the age of 52. (after all normies only care about the isolation of old people or just pretend like only old people suffer from that)

Study number 3: Social isolation is as powerful as other classical health factors such as high blood pressure and smoking

Sample size: Almost 17 000. More of the same, I won't be copypasting much, the graphs in the study are really nice.

Clink on the link below if you want to see cool graphs

Study number 4: Social isolation is as bad as smoking 15 cigarettes per day

Unfortunately I can't find the study itself. It was supposedly conducted by the AARP and published in a journal, but the links i've found to the study give me an error. If anyone can find the study it would be cool. I do have a link to an official pdf from the AARP that mentions this fact on page 3

According to a study published last year in Perspectives on Psychological Science, the health effects of prolonged isolation are equivalent to smoking 15 cigarettes a day. [broken link]

Study number 5: Loneliness could be considered a disease based on the consequences it has on human health

Loneliness may be pathognomic of depression in old age. It is reported to be more dangerous than smoking[1]; high degree of loneliness precipitates suicidal ideation and para-suicide,[2] Alzheimer's disease, and other dementia[3,4] and adversely affects the immune and cardio-vascular system.[5] It is a generally accepted opinion that loneliness results in a decline of well-being and has an adverse effect on physical health, possibly through immunologic impairment or neuro-endocrine changes.[6] Loneliness is thus, among the latent causes of hospitalization and of placement in nursing homes.[7]

Loneliness predisposes a person to physical diseases too as it has an adverse impact on immune, cardiovascular, and endocrine system.[32] Consistent, overwhelming and pervasive loneliness develops stress and ultimately culminates into serious physical disease. Feeling of loneliness and being alone were found to be independent predictors of motor decline in old age.[33] Loneliness was also found to be an independent predictor of mortality and functional decline after controlling for depression.[34] It also leads to memory impairment and learning difficulties, and makes the person prone to Alzheimer's disease.[35] A Dutch study reports that people who feel lonely are more likely to develop clinical dementia over a period of 3 years compared to those who do not experience loneliness.[36]

Study 5 also delves into the differences between loneliness and solitude, risk factors of social isolation etc. It's a decent read. Though they quote a study that said that women are more socially isolated than men jfl. It's in india though so who knows

Links of studies 1 to 5 (4 is missing)

When can i consider myself „isolated”? I mean i have a bit contact with others but its not much. I don’t have any intimate relations though.

So I lived in social isolation for over 4 years, smoked 20 cigarettes a day and smoked up to 1,5 g Heroine per day.
How high is my mortality do you think?

This is why the whole long term NEET thing is a meme. It's the bridge to suicide or health problems. You can look at the current system in almost the same way you look at a chicken factory. We're essentially the male chicks on the conveyer belt, on our way to a meat grinder. They won't let you opt out without dying.

We're essentially the male chicks on the conveyer belt, on our way to a meat grinder. They won't let you opt out without dying.
Interesting point of view. I guess the isolation is society's way to weed out the ugly short freaks and the mentally ill

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back