Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal [STUDY] Social isolation increases mortality by up to 50% and is as bad as smoking 15 cigarettes per day (5 STUDIES)

So I have several studies here to show. The links to the studies are found at the end of this post

Study number 1: Not being lonely reduces your mortality rate by 50%, far exceeding many other health factors

Data across 308,849 individuals, followed for an average of 7.5 years, indicate that individuals with adequate social relationships have a 50% greater likelihood of survival compared to those with poor or insufficient social relationships. The magnitude of this effect is comparable with quitting smoking and it exceeds many well-known risk factors for mortality (e.g., obesity, physical inactivity).

The overall effect remained consistent across a number of factors, including age, sex, initial health status, follow-up period, and cause of death, suggesting that the association between social relationships and mortality may be general, and efforts to reduce risk should not be isolated to subgroups such as the elderly.

To draw a parallel, many decades ago high mortality rates were observed among infants in custodial care (i.e., orphanages), even when controlling for pre-existing health conditions and medical treatment [201][204]. Lack of human contact predicted mortality. The medical profession was stunned to learn that infants would die without social interaction. This single finding, so simplistic in hindsight, was responsible for changes in practice and policy that markedly decreased mortality rates in custodial care settings. Contemporary medicine could similarly benefit from acknowledging the data: Social relationships influence the health outcomes of adults.

Study number 2: Loneliness is bad for your health, increases mortality by 26% on average, going up to 48% for the top quintile of isolation

The sample size was 6500 people, all over the age of 52. (after all normies only care about the isolation of old people or just pretend like only old people suffer from that)

Socially isolated individuals are at increased risk for the development of cardiovascular disease (3), infectious illness (4), cognitive deterioration (5), and mortality (69). Social isolation also has been associated with elevated blood pressure, C-reactive protein, and fibrinogen (10, 11) and with heightened inflammatory and metabolic responses to stress (12, 13).
[...]
Loneliness itself has been linked with increased risk of cardiovascular disease and mortality (1518), elevated blood pressure and cortisol (1921), heightened inflammatory responses to stress (22, 23), and modifications in transcriptional pathways linked with glucocorticoid and inflammatory processes (24).

after adjusting statistically for demographic factors and baseline health, social isolation remained significantly associated with mortality (hazard ratio 1.26, 95% confidence interval, 1.08–1.48 for the top quintile of isolation)

Study number 3: Social isolation is as powerful as other classical health factors such as high blood pressure and smoking

Sample size: Almost 17 000. More of the same, I won't be copypasting much, the graphs in the study are really nice.

Results. Socially isolated men and women had worse unadjusted survival curves than less socially isolated individuals. Cox models revealed that social isolation predicted mortality for both genders, as did smoking and high blood pressure.

Clink on the link below if you want to see cool graphs

Study number 4: Social isolation is as bad as smoking 15 cigarettes per day

Unfortunately I can't find the study itself. It was supposedly conducted by the AARP and published in a journal, but the links i've found to the study give me an error. If anyone can find the study it would be cool. I do have a link to an official pdf from the AARP that mentions this fact on page 3

According to a study published last year in Perspectives on Psychological Science, the health effects of prolonged isolation are equivalent to smoking 15 cigarettes a day. [broken link]

Study number 5: Loneliness could be considered a disease based on the consequences it has on human health

Loneliness may be pathognomic of depression in old age. It is reported to be more dangerous than smoking[1]; high degree of loneliness precipitates suicidal ideation and para-suicide,[2] Alzheimer's disease, and other dementia[3,4] and adversely affects the immune and cardio-vascular system.[5] It is a generally accepted opinion that loneliness results in a decline of well-being and has an adverse effect on physical health, possibly through immunologic impairment or neuro-endocrine changes.[6] Loneliness is thus, among the latent causes of hospitalization and of placement in nursing homes.[7]

Loneliness predisposes a person to physical diseases too as it has an adverse impact on immune, cardiovascular, and endocrine system.[32] Consistent, overwhelming and pervasive loneliness develops stress and ultimately culminates into serious physical disease. Feeling of loneliness and being alone were found to be independent predictors of motor decline in old age.[33] Loneliness was also found to be an independent predictor of mortality and functional decline after controlling for depression.[34] It also leads to memory impairment and learning difficulties, and makes the person prone to Alzheimer's disease.[35] A Dutch study reports that people who feel lonely are more likely to develop clinical dementia over a period of 3 years compared to those who do not experience loneliness.[36]

Study 5 also delves into the differences between loneliness and solitude, risk factors of social isolation etc. It's a decent read. Though they quote a study that said that women are more socially isolated than men jfl. It's in india though so who knows

Links of studies 1 to 5 (4 is missing)

Last edited:
But it would be kind of cruel if being lonely and depressed all the tiime greately extended your lifespan, forcing you to endure the loneliness for longer.

It's not my fault I'm lonely, nothing I can do if people can't stand my face for more than 5 seconds

Water is wet post tbh

Might as well start smoking 15 cigs a day then. 15 or 30 what difference would it make if I'm gonna die of loneliness anyway :lul:

Screenshot 2020 08 30 at 133835

unfortunately when we try and bring up this issue to the rest of society, this is the kind of response we get

Yep, but society will never care

if you keep pretty much any social or 'pack' animal alone long enough they will develop behavioral issues and eventually health issues. we've known this for centuries.

@SergeantIncel @Master pls add [Study]

MODS STICKY THIS

You're not entitled to a healthy life inkwell :soy:

So I have several studies here to show. The links to the studies are found at the end of this post

Study number 1: Not being lonely reduces your mortality rate by 50%, far exceeding many other health factors

Data across 308,849 individuals, followed for an average of 7.5 years, indicate that individuals with adequate social relationships have a 50% greater likelihood of survival compared to those with poor or insufficient social relationships. The magnitude of this effect is comparable with quitting smoking and it exceeds many well-known risk factors for mortality (e.g., obesity, physical inactivity).

The overall effect remained consistent across a number of factors, including age, sex, initial health status, follow-up period, and cause of death, suggesting that the association between social relationships and mortality may be general, and efforts to reduce risk should not be isolated to subgroups such as the elderly.

To draw a parallel, many decades ago high mortality rates were observed among infants in custodial care (i.e., orphanages), even when controlling for pre-existing health conditions and medical treatment [201][204]. Lack of human contact predicted mortality. The medical profession was stunned to learn that infants would die without social interaction. This single finding, so simplistic in hindsight, was responsible for changes in practice and policy that markedly decreased mortality rates in custodial care settings. Contemporary medicine could similarly benefit from acknowledging the data: Social relationships influence the health outcomes of adults.

Study number 2: Loneliness is bad for your health, increases mortality by 26% on average, going up to 48% for the top quintile of isolation

The sample size was 6500 people, all over the age of 52. (after all normies only care about the isolation of old people or just pretend like only old people suffer from that)

Study number 3: Social isolation is as powerful as other classical health factors such as high blood pressure and smoking

Sample size: Almost 17 000. More of the same, I won't be copypasting much, the graphs in the study are really nice.

Clink on the link below if you want to see cool graphs

Study number 4: Social isolation is as bad as smoking 15 cigarettes per day

Unfortunately I can't find the study itself. It was supposedly conducted by the AARP and publish in a journal, but the links i've found to the study give me an error. If anyone can find the study it would be cool. I do have a link to an official pdf from the AARP that mentions this fact on page 3

According to a study published last year in Perspectives on Psychological Science, the health effects of prolonged isolation are equivalent to smoking 15 cigarettes a day. [broken link]

Study number 5: Loneliness could be considered a disease based on the consequences it has on human health

Loneliness may be pathognomic of depression in old age. It is reported to be more dangerous than smoking[1]; high degree of loneliness precipitates suicidal ideation and para-suicide,[2] Alzheimer's disease, and other dementia[3,4] and adversely affects the immune and cardio-vascular system.[5] It is a generally accepted opinion that loneliness results in a decline of well-being and has an adverse effect on physical health, possibly through immunologic impairment or neuro-endocrine changes.[6] Loneliness is thus, among the latent causes of hospitalization and of placement in nursing homes.[7]

Loneliness predisposes a person to physical diseases too as it has an adverse impact on immune, cardiovascular, and endocrine system.[32] Consistent, overwhelming and pervasive loneliness develops stress and ultimately culminates into serious physical disease. Feeling of loneliness and being alone were found to be independent predictors of motor decline in old age.[33] Loneliness was also found to be an independent predictor of mortality and functional decline after controlling for depression.[34] It also leads to memory impairment and learning difficulties, and makes the person prone to Alzheimer's disease.[35] A Dutch study reports that people who feel lonely are more likely to develop clinical dementia over a period of 3 years compared to those who do not experience loneliness.[36]

Study 5 also delves into the differences between loneliness and solitude, risk factors of social isolation etc. It's a decent read. Though they quote a study that said that women are more socially isolated than men jfl. It's in india though so who knows

Links of studies 1 to 5 (4 is missing)

IT wont touch this

"Your not entitled to anything sweaty"

While we waste away. Its literally a health condition, where is my handicap sticker :lul:

I have bad anxiety so being around people is far worse than being isolated, I wouldn't be surprised if I have a heart attack at 40 because of the years of stress of being around people.
When people mention these studies I assume they are referring to people who are isolated and who hate being isolated.

So no need for us to waste time roping?

@JohnWickCel thoughts? Unless you're gone already.

Doesn't affect me because I would much rather be alone than around people

Because you're ugly
Study 5 talks about this. It's solitude, which isn't the same as loneliness

Solitude and loneliness should not be explained in similar ways. Solitude is enjoyed by people and it leads to creativity, self realization, and is totally an approach for developing once own individual space. It is often considered as an essential component for spirituality and self growth but loneliness is a state of mind, a feeling of emptiness, separateness, and it often becomes a compulsion. When it develops dysfunction, is perceived as stressful combined with physical ageing, the situation turns out to be a toxic cocktail.

Study 5 talks about this. It's solitude, which isn't the same as loneliness

Solitude and loneliness should not be explained in similar ways. Solitude is enjoyed by people and it leads to creativity, self realization, and is totally an approach for developing once own individual space. It is often considered as an essential component for spirituality and self growth but loneliness is a state of mind, a feeling of emptiness, separateness, and it often becomes a compulsion. When it develops dysfunction, is perceived as stressful combined with physical ageing, the situation turns out to be a toxic cocktail.
Lifefuel for me :feelsautistic::feelsautistic::feelsautistic:

Tbh because of muh social anxiety I can't think straight if i'm around people

Lifefuel for me :feelsautistic::feelsautistic::feelsautistic:

Tbh because of muh social anxiety I can't think straight if i'm around people
If i had to take a guess i'd say you enjoy (or have to learned to enjoy) solitude because the alternatives give you so much negative feedback. So it makes solitude feel good by comparison

If i had to take a guess i'd say you enjoy (or have to learned to enjoy) solitude because the alternatives give you so much negative feedback. So it makes solitude feel good by comparison
That's exactly the case. "Putting myself out there" has only given me bad experiences. Sounds like i'm repeating myself but when I am around people all I have are negative thoughts

That's exactly the case. "Putting myself out there" has only given me bad experiences. Sounds like i'm repeating myself but when I am around people all I have are negative thoughts
Only someone who's gotten positive feedback would ever tell people to put themselves out there. If your genes aren't good enough putting yourself more out there will only expose you to more shame, bullying, humiliation and rejection, further crushing your spirit.

I'd love to see those people who say "put yourself out there bro" live a month in the body of a balding ugly manlet.

Only someone who's gotten positive feedback would ever tell people to put themselves out there. If your genes aren't good enough putting yourself more out there will only expose you to more shame, bullying, humiliation and rejection, further crushing your spirit.
I stg people give the worst advice on purpose
I'd love to see those people who say "put yourself out there bro" live a month in the body of a balding ugly manlet.
They would rope and/or go Earl in a matter of days

But we need feminism because of the patriarchy and female underprivilege!!!!!

'U ned 2b happi alon though !!"
20180604 192305

this shit is so fucked up mane :feelscry::feelscry::feelscry::feelscry::feelscry::feelscry:

Me to tbh but always being alone make your mental health decline that you want it or not. Memory lost, problem articulating, how to express yourself well and when, understanding the flow and underline meaning in a conversation ect. I already struggle with those due to being sperg, isolation won't help.

It doenst kill fast enough imo

I really dont care if I live 50 or 70 years, 20 years at those ages means nothing when my teens and 20s are fucked

I wish being lonely would shorten your lifespan by like 90% and kill me before 25

Yeah, I wonder what's with people who feel no intrinsic desire for socializing? Does it affect them too?

My heart can´t take it anymore. All the stress, isolation, two jobs, gym, learning, cooking, meal plan will make my heart explode.

How exactly does it kill you / worsen your health? That part I don't get it

Wow the mind is really powerful it can literally kill you prematurely jfl

This also explains why women live longer than men. They go through their whole lives never feeling loneliness while men do most of their lives.
Between a rock and a hard place.

Last edited:
Good news boys, we're not going to live long lives full of suffering.

This also explains why women live longer than men. They go through their whole lives never feeling loneliness while men do most of their lives.

The last study touches on that. But tl;dr bad cardio vascular health, bad mental health (alzheimer and other issues) and endocrine issues. Lonely people even seem to have a worse immune system

Built up stress of the heart I'd imagine & irregular chemical balances due to mind not functioning right, think of a car or machine without the lubricants & such.

Built up stress of the heart I'd imagine & irregular chemical balances due to mind not functioning right, think of a car or machine without the lubricants & such.
>tfw youre gonna probably die early

The last study touches on that. But tl;dr bad cardio vascular health, bad mental health (alzheimer and other issues) and endocrine issues. Lonely people even seem to have a worse immune system
So it's not even a meme at this point. Chad and foids literally cannot lose at anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back